• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Spire points?

SunsetDanar

If a Fellowship is able to put all 25 members at the top of the Spire, that Fellowship scores a maximum of 1575 points. We have accomplished this feat on a few occasions and that is the points we were awarded. Today, in Arendyll, I see two Fellowships with scores in the mid 1600s. I have seen nothing in announcements or Release Notes regarding Spire points changes so how is this possible?

SunsetDanar

Makes sense. If Perk points were used and members added to the total, I believe that whatever amount over 1575 will be added back to the bank at expiration of time. Still 1575 and no new max score.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Makes sense. If Perk points were used and members added to the total, I believe that whatever amount over 1575 will be added back to the bank at expiration of time. Still 1575 and no new max score.

Actually, since the top crystal only requires 1330 points, anything over that is stored for a Gold fellowship.

Hueanthar

We had 22 players reach the top (22 x 63 = 1,386), one player reach the mid-point between High Halls and the Laboratory (31), one player complete two encounters past High Halls (23) and one player reach High Halls (21). This totals 1,461. Our fellowship points for the week are 1,503, a difference of 42 points. We have a level 1 Spire Archive (50 points). Does this mean our Spire Archive was used at some point during the week?

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
We had 22 players reach the top (22 x 63 = 1,386), one player reach the mid-point between High Halls and the Laboratory (31), one player complete two encounters past High Halls (23) and one player reach High Halls (21). This totals 1,461. Our fellowship points for the week are 1,503, a difference of 42 points. We have a level 1 Spire Archive (50 points). Does this mean our Spire Archive was used at some point during the week?

Yep. Some fellowships will spend their stored points at the start because they expect to make them back at the end.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Yep. Some fellowships will spend their stored points at the start because they expect to make them back at the end.

@Hueanthar I'm wondering why somebody used the points. If you got 1386 with the first 22 players, there was no need...unless you like the bragging rights of being #1, #2 or whatever. In my fs only the AM has the right to decide things about the perks, though I could imagine delegating that authority to a Mage. Just wondering why it was done.

AJ

Zoof

I'd like to think that spending points at the start as disaster preparedness. In the event a disaster strikes and a player or ten suddenly stops having internet at a point where it'd have been really important to have in order to get the gold. Or something.

It's also easier at the start of Spire since the game won't let you spend those points unless it'll actually reach the next checkpoint and there's less coordination needed to keep spending until the points run out. And if you would've gotten to gold anyway? Those points go right back to the archive.

My argument about coordination? It's a heck of a lot easier in an active fellowship to simply mash the button to add points rather than actually communicate a plan! ... I'll see myself out now

Hueanthar

@Hueanthar I'm wondering why somebody used the points.

@ajqtrz, I have no idea. I asked but no one has said they were used. (We've had no one leave so the discrepancy wasn't caused by that.) There've been so many gremlins in the game lately that I was glad to see Spire points being discussed.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Does this mean our Spire Archive was used at some point during the week?
It wasn't me. I was busy throwing popcorn off the top of the Spire with Buddy to see who we can hit. I can't imagine the other guys (mages) would have spent any. We've been hitting gold for the past 60+ weeks. I don't even check the Spire score because I know we're not in danger of missing 1330. If only there's a notification when points are spent or a way to see how many Spire points are banked when there's no Spire going on!

SunsetDanar

Good points all but seem to be (as mine are) speculative points which also bring up new questions such as exactly when does excess points return to the bank? Is it when Spire time expires? Is it at the end of the week? Is it at the beginning of the next Spire? As crackie said, we are totally in the dark between Spires as there is no point information available.

It has been suggested that if a FS gets 25 members to the top and uses the 500 bank points that a level 10 Spire perk provides then the score would be 2075. That scenario would leave zero points to return to bank so zero perk points available for next Spire. Throw all of the Perk points at the Spire when it begins so that if not all members reach the top those remaining points return to bank. I can see that as a possibility.

It would be helpful to Fellowships to have definitive information on all of the Perks as the info contained in the official release is very vague.

Hueanthar

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
So when is the best time to use perks?
For Spire, probably to to get the purple bar to the end of a main section (Gateway, High Hall, Lab). For tourney, we always spend every penny in the Piggy we have. The point is to earn as many chests as possible. If you don’t finish it this week, it’ll go to next week so we don’t see the point in saving them. Plus, a completed chest is 4K of XP back.

Flashfyre

So when is the best time to use perks?
Since you can only use points if you have enough to reach the next achievable reward pint (either a Tourney chest or a Spire waypoint), it really depends on how your FS is doing in reaching these goals before time expires. And, who is making the call to actually use the points (your AM or another Mage), and whether they are keeping close tabs on the final hours of the event.

In my FS, the AM usually makes sure he is online during the last hour or so of the event, to check our progress and see if we need to spend points or not. With the Tourney, we have been hitting 3 of 4 weeks for 10-chest completion without spending points, and on that 4th week our AM will use the points when we can't quite hit the 10th chest. As for the Spire, we usually get very close to Silver each week, but need the extra 30 or so points to get that last waypoint.

To summarize, the best time to use your perks is when you get the best return for doing so, which in most cases means watching how your FS does during the event to determine that.