• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Spire Prizes

Barklay

Spire prizes should be worth more for each tower. Tower one prizes are good need to up value of prizes, like extra time and catalysts in tower two, and then again in Tower three.We need bigger incentives to show more value to individuals so teas harder. Team prizes are fine and please do away with portal profits as a prize they are almost a deterrent, because chapter 16 does not use portal profits, So about 500 of your top players in each world is getting a worthless trinket, and those same 500, mostly drive the masses, they are every newer players goal.

AtaguS

There has been some discussion on this. @sam767 had a good go at suggesting a rebalance of SF handouts and a decent discussion followed. Somewhere in that thread, if I recall correctly, it was mentioned that the rewards could be better distributed among the tiers to attract & benefit players at different stages of the game. So far as I know nothing has made it to the developer's eyes as of yet. I'd like to see some reworking of the reward system as well and hope this conversation keeps going so I hope your idea gets some notice.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
I like the idea of having better rewards the higher you go. After all, the cost of going higher should result in the rewards for doing so being higher. In fact, I would suggest not only the redistribution of prizes be accompanied by a raising of the tower another level. As it stands you can complete it (with instants) in about 10-30 minutes. And if you are producing a reasonable amount of resources you can "convince" all the way. In other words, let the challenge curve be steeper, the highest goal, higher, and the prizes for achieving the top level more rewarding. In my (more or less humble) opinion, few should finish it each week....even close to "nobody" by it's toughness and high cost to finish. But that's just, perhaps, my playing style.

AJ

Barklay

Switching out some prizes too, I have way to much spire library stuff. The prizes are stale, and we are trying to sell stale bread to our groups. That's why I believe if they want the spire, to be more than a needle of pain, soup it up prizes The prizes are free they cost inno nothing, be serious some players work on limited resources. Those players need to be able to feel happy, about their choices and how they spend their time.

CrazyWizard

Oh Wise One
Spire prizes should be worth more for each tower. Tower one prizes are good need to up value of prizes, like extra time and catalysts in tower two, and then again in Tower three.We need bigger incentives to show more value to individuals so teas harder. Team prizes are fine and please do away with portal profits as a prize they are almost a deterrent, because chapter 16 does not use portal profits, So about 500 of your top players in each world is getting a worthless trinket, and those same 500, mostly drive the masses, they are every newer players goal.

The second this happens we have another outcry, if you want better prizes in the last part, then as a result, you get lesser prizes in the first part
They have a fixed amound of prizes they want to give away.

Also the fellowship reward is staggered, it increases the fuurther your fellowship gets.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
This is my 4th trip into the spire in a row without a single bonus chest?
How far up the Spire are you going each time? There is only a 10% chance of bonus chests in most Spire encounters. Higher chance than that in encounters with gate bosses. If you are only doing a few encounters each trip, then this is reasonable. If you are going a good ways up the Spire each time, then 4 trips without a bonus chest means the random number generator hates you.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
It does hate me!! Recently all I win is spell fragments the last 3 times I have been more than half way up and gave up.
If I don't spend any diamonds at all, it starts to give me better luck. When I start to spend diamonds, I get worse luck the next time. I just won't spend any diamonds on the spire anymore except on the door bosses, and then only if I'm guaranteed to get it with 25. It works out overall better for me that way, luck wise. I don't know if the same strategy would work for others. Last week I made it to the lab and didn't get any bonus chests. This week I got two so far and I'm not even at high halls yet. When I start to have bad luck, I always leave for a few hours. That seems to help too. In any case, good luck to you!

FairyMikki

If I don't spend any diamonds at all, it starts to give me better luck. When I start to spend diamonds, I get worse luck the next time. I just won't spend any diamonds on the spire anymore except on the door bosses, and then only if I'm guaranteed to get it with 25. It works out overall better for me that way, luck wise. I don't know if the same strategy would work for others. Last week I made it to the lab and didn't get any bonus chests. This week I got two so far and I'm not even at high halls yet. When I start to have bad luck, I always leave for a few hours. That seems to help too. In any case, good luck to you!
Thank you for that! I will keep trying!

Henroo

Oh Wise One
I play for free and do not like to buy diamonds. So I view the Spire as a chance to win diamonds. I NEVER spend diamonds there. If I negotiate and get it wrong, I reset and start over. It is just golds, supplies, and goods. I can make more of those. I can't make the 25 diamonds it takes to buy another turn.

CrazyWizard

Oh Wise One
I play for free and do not like to buy diamonds. So I view the Spire as a chance to win diamonds. I NEVER spend diamonds there. If I negotiate and get it wrong, I reset and start over. It is just golds, supplies, and goods. I can make more of those. I can't make the 25 diamonds it takes to buy another turn.

Depends how far you go into the spire, on the first 2 levels you can do without spending a single diamond, the 3rd stage usually need 50-100 diamonds unless you are lucky or unless you have unlimited resources,
Spending that much is fine since the last stage will reward me with 125 diamonds as a fellowship reward, and whatever I pcik up on it's way.
The net gain for me is positive.

Off course I live in a gold thropy fellowship which helps a lot.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Depends how far you go into the spire, on the first 2 levels you can do without spending a single diamond, the 3rd stage usually need 50-100 diamonds unless you are lucky or unless you have unlimited resources,
Spending that much is fine since the last stage will reward me with 125 diamonds as a fellowship reward, and whatever I pcik up on it's way.
The net gain for me is positive.

Off course I live in a gold thropy fellowship which helps a lot.
Never been in a gold level FS. So I have never really tried to make it to the top of the Spire. Basically I go 1 or 2 gates beyond what my FS is capable of in the Spire. Then use the rest of my resources for that week in the tournament.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I don't buy diamonds either, except for a birthday gift I got once from my son; I get all of mine from the spire or wishing wells. But I will spend 25 if it's a guaranteed win on a level boss. My fs always makes bronze and usually makes silver, so anytime I have to use 25 on a level boss, I know I'm getting more than that back at the end of the week ... usually 125 diamonds at the end. That more than makes up for it. Those level bosses sometimes need more withdrawals and blown resources than they're worth ... I'd rather pay 25 diamonds if it's a guaranteed win the first time than risk that. But to each his own. If your way works for you, then that's cool.

DeletedUser23253

This is my 4th trip into the spire in a row without a single bonus chest?

I decided to drop bonus buildings for troops, mainly the buildings for troop health. I am not sure about the change in drop rate but if looks like better returns. I am not strong enough even with 4 buildings down to fight past any gate group yet lol but I can fight most of they way to the top.