• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Spire Shop

Spire Shop

• In Favor

Votes: 68 95.8%
  • Not in Favor

Votes: 3 4.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Summary: Remove the artifacts from chest rewards and add a Spire Shop where you can spend your points to purchase them.

Motive: The wild swing in RNG where some players get 9 artifacts and others get zero is demoralizing and sometimes Artifacts are totally useless for players who already earned a max level Evolution in the original event.

Details: Points are awarded the same as normal on the progress bar with each Fight giving 1, each Gate giving 2, and each Boss giving 3.
That means each floor gives 21 for 63 total. Additionally, every milestone that a Fellowship reaches provides 1 point for a possible 12 more.

The maximum number of points you can have is capped at 1,000 one artifact costs 100

Each artifact is in the store for 12 weeks with a new one swapped out every 6 weeks
ARTIFACTS.png

Possible Downsides: will update based on feedback

BQwer

ok i love this idea but don't like the set rewards i like the chance of getting something i realize i am probably solely alone in this

SoggyShorts

ok i love this idea but don't like the set rewards i like the chance of getting something i realize i am probably solely alone in this
Am I understanding correctly that you prefer random rewards over "if I do this I get that" systems?
If I'm right, then you prefer a system where you get somewhere between 9 and zero artifacts instead of 5?

I've heard mostly complaints about the wild swings so I just want to be sure I understand correctly.

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
I'm curious, would this be a replacement for the current chest system? So the random prizes in each chest would move to the Spire shop for players to choose what they'd like?

What about the mystery chests?

I'm asking because I think the idea does have potential, but I'd like it to be more detailed before it gets to the Devs. (Although I do think they're really fond of using RNG)

SoggyShorts

I'm curious, would this be a replacement for the current chest system? So the random prizes in each chest would move to the Spire shop for players to choose what they'd like?
No no, all other prizes would remain the same, something other than moonstone sets and artifacts would go in the chests.... or maybe just adjust the % of the other prizes, but I think some other little prize would be more fun.
I'm asking because I think the idea does have potential, but I'd like it to be more detailed before it gets to the Devs. (Although I do think they're really fond of using RNG)
Indeed they are, but what's strange is that in F2P games RNG is often used as an incentive to spend some premium currency in order to re-roll a loss, but since you can't even buy your way to more artifacts in the spire anyways this shouldn't cost them any revenue.

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
It's an interesting idea. I think the team might be receptive to this change, but I'm not sure about it being for the Artifacts. It would take time to design and code, so by the time it was all ready to go we'll have already worked through most of the Artifacts in the rotating Spire prize sets (should they continue to work through them). The current Spire prize changes were in the works for months.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
0 for 2 ?
Really? I must be out of touch, I thought this would be well received.
I am with you on this one. I am a big fan of "if I do x, I get y." The randomness of getting Moonstone Library, Moonstone Gate, and Endless Scroll always bugged me in the old Spire system. But under that system you had the luxury of trying week after week. It seems like each type of artifact is being offered for only 6 weeks, so this is no longer the case. A few weeks of bad luck can really hurt your chances of getting enough artifacts over the 6 week run to get a decent building.

BQwer

i like having good luck and bad luck i like the swings in RNG ok i know i'm almost alone on this but i don't like if i do this i get this if there is only one way to do things you do the spire you get rewards the only thing that changes is the prizes you can't choose not to so an encounter because you don't like the rewards. the only varounce in spire is your luck and i like having good luck sometimes and bad luck other times.

Sprite1313

i like having good luck and bad luck i like the swings in RNG ok i know i'm almost alone on this but i don't like if i do this i get this if there is only one way to do things you do the spire you get rewards the only thing that changes is the prizes you can't choose not to so an encounter because you don't like the rewards. the only varounce in spire is your luck and i like having good luck sometimes and bad luck other times.

I think Soggy was proposing a hybrid. You still have the RNG for magic buildings, genies, diamonds, etc. There just wouldn’t be artifacts - those could be purchased through a shop with points you earn completing the spire.

Alram

Flippers just flip
i like having good luck and bad luck i like the swings in RNG
You are not alone! I like the RNG too. Sometimes the luck is really great! The surprises make the spire interesting. There are no surprises in the tourney.

SoggyShorts

You are not alone! I like the RNG too. Sometimes the luck is really great! The surprises make the spire interesting. There are no surprises in the tourney.
To be clear, this idea would ADD the Spire Shop to the current RNG chest system. All of the chests including mystery chests would remain the same, but instead of replacing the Moonstone Library with artifacts in chests the chests would get something new and artifacts would be earned on top of the RNG chest stuff. Coin rains, magic buildings, plus something to replace Moonstone Sets/Artifacts in the chests all of the other chest stuff still RNG, you just also earn points to spend in the Spire Artifact Shop

Does that change how you view the idea?

Last edited:

hvariidh gwendrot

i was thinking the drop down menu could be implemented in this format, make it more of a rewards for player specific if possible .. the idea is good either way