• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Spire Shop

Spire Shop

• In Favor

Votes: 68 95.8%
  • Not in Favor

Votes: 3 4.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CrusaderMichael

" Possible Downsides: will update based on feedback "

you don't need to wait to update that.

Your way is long term more of the same long waiting. Why replace massively long waits, with a new version of less wait time but still massively long waits? We've already discussed this. You don't have to give half the answer because you're dealing with devs who love to slow play everything, so you figure a little change is better than nothing.

Is "make people wait 100 times longer than it takes paint to dry" something they teach in How To Make Video Games classes ?

You already know the downsides to your thing and even why you feel the need to keep the downsides... so just write it up.

Wait for feedback? haha

I like your idea, but i won't vote at all because I know yer holding back just to get an improvement.

Half a cow pie, is no more edible than a whole cow pie.... all i'll say.

(yes i'm not very diplomatic on this subject because this game is not a fine bottle of wine.... the EXTREMELY LONG waits, are not making it better)

Blindsider66

I'm all for having a separate shop where I can purchase Artifacts. Relying on the chance the Artifacts I want are in the Chest, or even that I might win one, does not fill me with confidence. I have won a Magic Residence on the Spire for two weeks in a row now. Great, I'm unable to afford upgrading the ones I already have, and it is a Dwarven Armorer I have been in need of. If a player knows the cost of the item in the Spire Shop, they need only climb until the required amount of points are met. Here's an idea. Put a Blueprint in the Spire Shop at a cost of 63 points. I would go over the top each week for that little jewel alone.

Peace

Blindsider66

If it were possible, I would take the one of the five from my smaller city. Please, tell me that is an option. Just one.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I don't think I caught what you were trying to say there.
What downside should I list in the OP based on the feedback that players have given in your opinion? I didn't really see any in the 3 pages of comments on the idea so I didn't list any.
I don't think there is a downside to this idea, other than the devs having to do more coding.

CrusaderMichael

Soggyshorts... "Possible Downside: A player may think it's awesome there's a shop for this sort of thing, then pull his hair out once he finds out it's a shop unlike any other, where you get to Elvenar-Wait possibly 24 weeks to get what you want, so he leaves the game after banging his head on a table for an hour, and never returns."

Yer idea is great except one thing, in your years of playing Elvenar you have forgotten how bad it is to make people wait SOOOOO long for something so little. Or more likely you just decided The Devs Of Waitness, won't accept a non-Elvenar-Wait shop.

You never know till you try man.

Your idea's good, but think way more like the rabbit... not the turtle.

Most people just aren't geared to wait this long no matter how use to it this player base is. It's not ideal even for us.

The end.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Your idea's good, but think way more like the rabbit... not the turtle.
Ah I see. Well, I don't think you've offered a viable alternative, so just listing
"The idea doesn't give players access to everything they could possibly want 24/7/365"
as a possible downside doesn't make any sense to me.

For all the crap I give them, inno does know a bit about how to make a game successful, and I'm fairly convinced that giving players absolutely everything all of the time doesn't fit with the F2P microtransaction business model.

BTW, you know that the turtle won that race, right?

Morbus

I think this idea is outstanding. From reading the explanation it sounds like the current system stays exactly the same...open the chests with similar random prizes...and the same possibility of mystery chests. The chests would no longer have Artifacts/Moonstone stuff and possibly have some other type of prize to replace where/when the artifacts come up now. A new separate point system would be added and work the same as the current team purple mercury points. This addition would allow us to select which artifacts/moonstone/other set we want.

I like this ALOT. I keep winning Stonehenge Artifacts and it pissed me off because I've long ago decided not to build stonehenge. I'd like to win something else OR be able to choose my artifact...I would choose regular Phoenix Artifacts mostly...although it sounds like your rotating which artifacts/sets would be available...why not make them all available and let us really buy what we want?

Erivan

Voted in favor, though with apprehension.. I wouldn't mind eliminating the disappointment of getting a crummy reward from a gate chest, but also fear the potential costs of the rare, coveted drops and the loss of the "good weeks" when you win lots of awesome rewards.

I have thought (and seen it be crazy successful on another game, Rocket League) that setting up a trading system so players can trade rewards would be successful here and potentially really drive up Inno's diamond sales as well. So if you have too many artifacts, trade them for a genie with another player, etc... This would create it's own economy of rewards, and help all players satisfy their style of play.

*Side note: didn't the rare drop for the 2nd spire encounter used to be 20% for 3x2hr tmTime Boosts instead of one? Seems backwards and broken?

~Cheers!

SoggyShorts

And it only took them about a year to get things closer to how you felt it should work, for you to come back from your break from the game. ;)
This game isn't designed to make money off me, if it was they'd have skins, avatars, and other cosmetic microtransactions and let us gift diamonds to other players (for real money, not alt pushing). They'd also add new server leagues that are $xxx to enter with zero pay to win and a ranking system that makes sense.

To be clear, since you've brought this up before, I left because I beat the game. I cleared the final chapter (at the time) and was told it would be several months with nothing to do before the next one.
I presented a list of small QOL improvements that I hoped they would work on while I was gone, and they did implement about half of them. The most important being the reduction from 4 to 1 tournament encounters since that was just hella boring and with the new and interesting spire made the end game interesting even without chapters to enjoy.
Still, if it wasn't for Covid I would not have stayed this long.

Last edited:

SoggyShorts

Voted in favor, though with apprehension.. I wouldn't mind eliminating the disappointment of getting a crummy reward from a gate chest, but also fear the potential costs of the rare, coveted drops and the loss of the "good weeks" when you win lots of awesome rewards.
You would still have all the same chests and random prizes as before, artifacts just wouldn't be one of the possible prizes, those and only those would be available in a separate shop.
setting up a trading system so players can trade rewards
Sadly trading like that is impossible really hard to set up due to cheating and inno's lack of desire to police it. Players already make multiple accounts to run the spire and feed diamonds to their "main" accounts.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
To be clear, since you've brought this up before, I left because I beat the game. I cleared the final chapter (at the time) and was told it would be several months with nothing to do before the next one.
I presented a list of small QOL improvements that I hoped they would work on while I was gone, and they did implement about half of them. The most important being the reduction from 4 to 1 tournament encounters since that was just hella boring and with the new and interesting spire made the end game interesting even without chapters to enjoy.

That may be how you meant it, but I was not the only one here who thought you had posted a list of demands and then stormed off, refusing to come back until the game was changed.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
That may be how you meant it, but I was not the only one here who thought you had posted a list of demands and then stormed off, refusing to come back until the game was changed.
I didn't read it that way at all.
I saw the man getting worn by the same rounds of arguments. I saw that he was disgusted by some proposed changes. I thought he posted his list of items on his 'to do' agenda, since he wouldn't be around to advocate for them.

CrusaderMichael

Spire Shop = Very Much So Yes

Spire Shop With Months Long Waits For Artifacts = Very much So No

Mhmm, I get to vote twice.

#CuzHuman