• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Spire squad size calc - we need your data!

• Thread starter Deleted User - 3932582
  • Start date

DeletedUser5371

do you use elvenstats.com to get data on players...they only update weekly i think....but it is a lot of data

Deleted User - 3932582

do you use elvenstats.com to get data on players...they only update weekly i think....but it is a lot of data
I use data that players report in this thread ;)

But if I want to dig into more specific, I can use elvenarchitect via elvenstats. These update real-time.

DeletedUser5371

i just completed 5 more provinces and checked my stats without fighting in spire yet and got this
15/35/588/274/4626=> 3802/1689 [2020-03-29]

Deleted User - 3932582

i just completed 5 more provinces and checked my stats without fighting in spire yet and got this
15/35/588/274/4626=> 3802/1689 [2020-03-29]
Well, that was a bit wasteful for this purpose ;) Once Spire is spawned on Sunday, the squad size is fixed for this week. All the changes will get reflected only in the next week's Spire.

kctanzen

Two weeks of data points.
Some variability between weeks due to event happenings / wonder changes.
I listed the first encounter and also the first encounter after the first gate since the rest of the floor was the same for me after that.

13 / 31 / 486 / 203 / 2268 / 2572 / 1142 -- floor 1 gate 1 March 23
13 / 31 / 486 / 203 / 2268 / 5143 / 5709 -- floor 1 gate 2 March 23

13 / 31 / 496 / 204 / 2406 / 2609 / 1159 -- floor 1 gate 1 March 29
13 / 31 / 496 / 204 / 2406 / 5217 / 5791 -- floor 1 gate 2 March 29

Socrates28

This is a great datapoint actually, assuming it's not a copy paste error ;) Your squad sizes stayed exactly the same week over week. This means several things right away:
- Number of open provinces is likely NOT a factor in Spire SS (or it is so small that 2 provinces do not move the needle)
- There are no Spire SS changes week over week due to different difficulty / tournament alignment etc (and I already have another datapoint from @samidodamage to confirm that)
The good news is no copy paste error. The post is correct as is. :)

Deleted User - 3932582

I think we're getting somewhere ;) There are several results here that were quite unexpected given the data collected so far. Looking at some of the cities involved, it now seems quite likely that number of expansions plays significant role in the calculation of Spire SS. To the tune of +1 extra expansion ~= +20 Spire base SS. Controlling for that, end-game data starts to line up surprisingly well (not perfect yet, but it looks much better now on residuals).

This also means that we need to collect number of expansions in addition to what we're already collecting. For people reporting, can you please report on how many expansions do you have open? Ideally, if you remember how this looked like in the past week(s), that would be great. Probably the easiest reliable way to find out this number is to load your current city in Elvenarchitect, and look at Report->Coverage->Unlocked, and divide this number by 25. Do not use number of expansions on Elvenstats as who knows when exactly do they update this data. I'll also update the first post.

@Dadnaz looks like an outlier now, with significantly lower Spire SS numbers than anticipated (comparing to peers @Rusty01 and @qaccy). So not sure what is that much different here...

Deleted User - 1599294

Currently at 3100 unlocked tiles = 124 expansions (10 premium + 47 research which leaves 67 from exploration) Week 1 and 2, I reported 477 completed provinces and 480 for week 3. I am currently at 482 completed, which should play into next week's numbers, plus any additional opened between now and then.

Deleted User - 3932582

Currently at 3100 unlocked tiles = 124 expansions (10 premium + 47 research which leaves 67 from exploration) Week 1 and 2, I reported 477 completed provinces and 480 for week 3. I am currently at 482 completed, which should play into next week's numbers, plus any additional opened between now and then.
Do you happen to remember if you've been at the same 124 two previous weeks, or were there any changes there?

Deleted User - 3932582

@Dadnaz looks like an outlier now, with significantly lower Spire SS numbers than anticipated (comparing to peers @Rusty01 and @qaccy). So not sure what is that much different here...
Sorry, that was my mistake - put wrong number of expansions here. After correcting for that, results look pretty good!

qaccy

137 expansions unlocked here. I did obtain both the second expansion in Chapter 15 and a premium expansion fairly recently, but back then I wasn't in the mindset of tracking whether or not it would affect Spire growth. Best I can do in that regard now is wait until I can unlock another premium expansion, which...won't be for another couple months at least, probably. :(