• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Spire Squad Size

DeletedUser

Hi, I am having a little bit of difficulty with the Spire, because my Squad Size is 294 and just 4 battles into the Spire it is asking for a Squad Size of 588. It will quickly eat up all my troops.

Anyone know how exactly the Spire Squad Size is calculated? Is there any way to reduce it?

Deleted User - 3932582

I don't think Spire SS calculations were ever disclosed (not that I know at least) - we know that there are some non-trivial calculations in there, including AW levels. Having said that, looking at the SS numbers I assume that this is for chapter 4-5, correct? Well, that's a period in chapter progress where fighting sucks in general. You troops are weak, and you have very limited capability to replenish them quickly. This is irrespective of the Spire, which only makes things worse. There is not much you can do about that except rush forward where you will get troop upgrades and faster production.

On the other hand, if you insist on playing Spire at this stage, you may want to do more negotiation. It is relatively cheap that that point in time. I did complete the full Spire once with chapter 4 city doing pure negotiation, and with couple of diamond drops for boss fights (which was covered by the diamonds won from the Spire itself). Not something I would do on a weekly basis, but negotiating 1-1.5 Spire levels every week is certainly doable without draining the troops.

DeletedUser

Thanks, yeah I just went from Chapter V to Dwarves today. Today is my 76th day. I can get 3,510 in the Tournaments pretty easily.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I have a normal squad size of 3984. I have all the upgrades through chapter 14. After the first four fights, my spire squad size currently jumps to around 5500 or so for the rest of the first floor. I am at the fifth fight on the second floor and my Spire squad size is currently up to 7860, or almost double my normal squad size. Since my Spire squad for most of the first floor is a little less than 1 1/2 times my normal squad, I am surprised that yours is double instead.