• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Spire?

DeletedUser20951

I tend to think of it as abstract 'facts'....At any rate, you are not the only one to notice such 'abnormalities' in the algorithims OR, lack there of!
"Abstract 'facts'"! : D Love it! With how widespread the total absence of actual random algorithms is, it boggles my mind that the problem hasn't been resolved, although I am aware that identifying what's going wrong doesn't always point right to the cause of the effect.
Perhaps the devs have some sort of algorithm that is designed to irritate the crap out of us?
This! MY VOTE GOES TO INTENTIONAL IRRITATION. Only thing that would make any logical sense, it is. *squints*

GlamDoll

Perhaps the devs have some sort of algorithm that is designed to irritate the crap out of us?

Along with all of your post, I suspect that Inno has algorithms within algorithms.....and so on & so on.....or, WORSE!

On a much poignant point, the game is not what it was, a year ago (or less), let alone before then! If that doesn't shake people awake! I doubt anything could, at this point!

But, per usual, I am always awaiting Inno to prove us gamers wrong, that have an affinity for such things.

It's funny that when something needs to be random, it generally isn't with INNO.

Generally??? Generally?? I love ya!! But c'mon!!!! This is extremely specific!!! And I am still being vague.

That Autumn Event was full of random that WASN'T, by a long shot.

I don't like to rock-the-boat, but, let's speak candidly....was it truly even a long shot? If someone asked me that question, it is a resounding NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Again, I love ya! And I know what you did in another thread. Kudos to ya!

`.~

Deja-vu...Yes! They got pee pee hurt, because they could not out game us. So, they took Chess & applied the rules of checkers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is all.

I have a sayin'...."If you're gonna hang with the big dawgs, ya can't be pizzin' like a puppy!

"Abstract 'facts'"! : D Love it!

Awe! :) `.~

DeletedUser3468

Wish I could have picked 3 or 4 of the choices but since I only had 2 I went with Yes and No. I love it. I hate it. I find it incredibly addictive to play and once I start, I keep going to the point of running out of troops (only fight the single wave ones, not the multiple wave ones... not that crazy!:p) And I tend to lose track of just how much I'm wagering when I do the negotiations. Yes, I've gotten some of the good stuff but for the most part what I win isn't worth what I pay... but it's FUN! :confused::confused::confused:

For the record, if I could have picked 4 choices the other 2 would have been the last 2. I mean, Soggy and Mel Brooks??? How could I not pick one or both???:p:p:p

And yes, I suppose I could have gone with not ready to commit but what fun would that have been?;)

qaccy

Reading over this thread, I have to wonder...how could Inno design the Spire's rewards to be so 'annoying' to receive if they're as incompetent as people want to say they are? I don't think we can really have both of these claims be true, so it doesn't really add up properly to me.

Black watch

Reading over this thread, I have to wonder...how could Inno design the Spire's rewards to be so 'annoying' to receive if they're as incompetent as people want to say they are? I don't think we can really have both of these claims be true, so it doesn't really add up properly to me.

I actually like my Spire set. It gives me shards so I don't have to get rid of buildings or spells I didn't want to get rid of. AND it gives me Scrolls at a rate of another fully upgraded factory.
What I don't like is the fact that I keep getting the same things in the same spots now like clockwork.
Also. The prizes are basically the same for all the levels. The genie is an exception.
For something that gets harder the higher you go, you would think the prizes would reflect that effort. But I wind up with more of the same that I already have at a debilitating rate.
So...
If the prizes reflected the effort and changed, the higher you get, wow, I'd love that.
I still think they cost in troops or goods needs to be ADJUSTED... It's really hard to see those losses and get more of what you can get in level one.
But over all, it's okay. I usually just stay on the first level and shun the other two now.
Why bother?

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
For something that gets harder the higher you go, you would think the prizes would reflect that effort. But I wind up with more of the same that I already have at a debilitating rate.
So...
If the prizes reflected the effort and changed, the higher you get, wow, I'd love that.
I still think they cost in troops or goods needs to be ADJUSTED... It's really hard to see those losses and get more of what you can get in level one.
But over all, it's okay. I usually just stay on the first level and shun the other two now.
Why bother?

Remember that after all the initial massive complaints about the Spire, the 1st floor got tweaked to have better prizes and was made slightly easier. So do not give up hope that this will eventually happen with the 2nd and 3rd floors. I cannot say anything about the 3rd floor, because I have never seen it, but I did complete the 1st floor last week with enough time to open the door to the 2nd floor, so I scanned the prizes and saw the 2nd floor boss now has a chance to award a Magic Workshop, the way the 1st floor boss can now award a Magic Residence. So does this mean the 3rd floor boss has a chance at both?

Black watch

Remember that after all the initial massive complaints about the Spire, the 1st floor got tweaked to have better prizes and was made slightly easier. So do not give up hope that this will eventually happen with the 2nd and 3rd floors. I cannot say anything about the 3rd floor, because I have never seen it, but I did complete the 1st floor last week with enough time to open the door to the 2nd floor, so I scanned the prizes and saw the 2nd floor boss now has a chance to award a Magic Workshop, the way the 1st floor boss can now award a Magic Residence. So does this mean the 3rd floor boss has a chance at both?

Good post, I didn't know it'd been tweaked in the rewards dept. I know the fights got trimmed a little and it's noticable. Perhaps I'll try the second floor again. I must have just done my last check just before the changes. Thanks for the note.

The Unbeliever

As someone who also plays FoE and loves the weekly Guild Expeditions, which the Spire is just a ported version of, I can safely say that our version here is still a flaming sack of Ork poo...

It costs way too much, the rewards vs. the effort suck, and it's almost impossible for anyone with a life outside of Elvenar to get through everything without being forced to waste time instants.
Oh, and the negotiation is fething broken since we have no way to gain a 4th turn for the 6+ option negotiations!!

I don't know why or how they could have screwed this thing up as hard as they did - all they had to do was basically copy the FoE version;
- Lv.1 = lost cost, minimal rewards.
- Lv.2 = a little below current Lv.1 costs, but similar rewards.
- Lv.3 = somewhat expensive, but lots of chances at kp's, CC's, bigger time instants + better odds at Spire exclusive buildings, higher diamond payouts vs. Bosses, etc...

As it is, I do just the initial 4 encounters because they're fairly cheap, and I can get a 50/50 or so shot at a 'tellyporta' spell.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I think have enough spire bits and pieces for an average output/square/day* to be interesting:
XX/square - what
534 - Culture
341 - scrolls (T2)
250 - mana
95 - gum (T2S)
65 - bismuth (T3S)
16 - Spell fragments
0.02 - Catalysts

71 - Population * (permanent, not daily)
-------------------------
That's 2 libraries, 3 moonstone gates, 1 endless scroll, 5 gum trees, and 4 mana plants

* day is 21 hours, so in theory you could get more, but in practice over time you'll probably get almost exactly one collect per day, which is better than most daily producers where you probably lose one collection every two to four weeks (or more)

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I don't think I'm especially lucky. I've been through all stages three times, and have spent significant troops and resources getting there.

DeletedUser23049

I don't think I'm especially lucky. I've been through all stages three times, and have spent significant troops and resources getting there.
well i've all most spent 10$ on it i'll not spend a penny more. an this will make my 3rd time an i still need gate an library

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Third time doing the first stage, or third time doing all three stages? Because if it's the former, then I've done that pretty much every week.