• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Spire

The Spire has become a lose-lose proposition. The cost in supplies, goods, troops, and time reductions far out weighs the rewards. PP's and coins are a terrible reward from any of the Boss's. What happened to the Mystery Chest's? I have gone an entire Spire without getting a single one. An artifact from 2-3 years ago as the prize for the 3rd floor Boss? Garbage is what we have been getting for the past 6 months from the Spire. I refuse to use Diamonds in the spire. Now all of the Fellowships require Spire as a minimum to join.

INNO you need to get your act together and at least dangle a carrot for us to make the Spire worth while, unless you are hoping we have to BUY DIAMONDS to finish. Shame.

MisstressAbigail

I definitely agree that Spire rewards have deteriorated significantly. I used to track 1 good week followed by 2 bad weeks.
On a good week I would get 2 or 3 buildings such as a couple of dwarven armorer and a moonstone building
Today artifacts come up quite often which for me is very random and quite useless. Armorers are coming up less frequently.

Smooper

I don't spend diamonds in the Spire, I win them. Find a gameplay style that allows you to get to the top of the spire without spending. Also I don't go every week and there are fellowships which only have Spire push weeks. Time on the Spire is the killer for me. Also I place several military buildings and until I can get my fighting to the level where I don't need to place them I can't afford to go to the top every week. The prizes are good for me, though. I don't really do the mind numbing events so getting the artifacts this way is good plus chances for Dwarven Armory, Magical residences or workshops and Genies too.

Deleted User - 849777001

I've gotten good at catering to those boogers...but their return truly is depressing!
At least I have found a place to whittle down my maxed out "coins and supplies" without dumping them on the Trader...it makes me feel like I have accomplished something.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I find the 15 minutes per week spent on the spire to be the best reward per input in the game.
Profits are well over a thousand diamonds per month, and the surplus of timer instants is awesome.

Perhaps you need to consider a different strategy?
Are you fighting and using military 5-day buildings on 2 consecutive spires for double efficiency?
Are you in a gold spire FS to get the extra 275 diamonds every week?

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
There has been no Spire format changes since Jan 2021 when Moonstone sets were removed and artifacts were introduced in scheduled cycles. I am sorry to hear your possible singular focus for DAs has led to disappointment or it took two years to realize this, but at least nothing happens if you decide to start ignoring the Spire. Artifacts from the past may have no benefit to you personally, but does not mean they make for bad prizes though. Due to the Moonstone sets being taken out of the Spire, a lot of people I know are starved for spell frags with newer cities. It also provides an avenue for players who missed events to acquired buildings from the past or allow players with multiple bases to complete multiple sets. As an archmage, I like knowing newer players have the opportunity to acquire/evolve buildings like Witch Hut without necessarily needing to spend a fortune like they would a Fire Phoenix or Brown Bear, which can now only be acquired from crafting in MA. Letting newer players acquire old event buildings is beneficial to the FS. This game is open-ended enough to have room for people to ignore Spire, but it'll be hard pressed to find someone in a competitive FS that actually think Spire is worthless, esp top tourney players and FA groups.

Sneffy

I spire prizes have become outdated, at least some of them. I was much happier with more DA and fewer artifacts.
The diamond return is useful. And I complete the spire every week. However, the prizes are not as good as they were.

iamthouth

Tetris Master
Spire is worth it for me. I top it each week (and I'm in a Gold Spire Fellowship), and cater the whole way. I wait between each round, so never spend any time boosters on it.

I've kept track since Sept 2022, I average +391 diamonds week on week from Spire prizes and Genies that I win, after accounting for spending 25 diamonds to buy a fourth round about 12-13 times each week.

Moho

Chef
Spire is worth it for me. I top it each week (and I'm in a Gold Spire Fellowship), and cater the whole way. I wait between each round, so never spend any time boosters on it.
I feel the same way. I enjoy fighting the Spire and the prizes resulting from the fact that everyone in my fellowship reaches the top are quite substantial. I use time boosters even when I occasionally cater the Spire and I can still afford this type of run in three different cities. I think it's worth it if you manage your game well.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
The spire is not for those who are going to give up after a few weeks of abuse from the RNG gods. It is a long-term proposition. If you do it consistently over the course of 6 months, don't give up, don't hate the fact that you aren't getting good things every single week, you will find that the spire far, far, far outweighs anything else in the game in beneficial assets.

I've gone three or four weeks in a row where the only thing I was getting was portal profits and artifacts (I have 17 watchful owl artifacts in ADDITION to a fully maxed one in my city.) Do I get mad? Nope ... disappointed, sure, but I know that's the way it goes. Inno can't give away the candy store every week or even every month. There has to be some weeks diamonds, some weeks dust.

I don't spend diamonds except for the ones I know I'm going to get back that week ... and even then, not as many. I would never throw away diamonds on a throwaway spirit (a lower level or non-door spirit.) If you do that, then of course you won't be happy. The best thing to do in the spire is to WITHDRAW if, after the first guess, you find yourself with a bad hand. Better to withdraw and try again than to waste even more goods and be unhappy. Good luck to you, and stick with it. You'll be far happier in the end.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
It is the only thing in the game that lets a free player be like a premium player, hard to say that isn't worth it. The spire comes in stages and there are 3 difficulty and reward settings so if gold is not it for you then focus on an easier setting. There are plenty of 10 chest fellowships that are not requiring spire and lots that are silver or bronze achievers. If you want a non-10 chest fellowship then the choice is even bigger.

I also wonder how much is people just starting to figure out that progression = harder spire and harder tournament. I have noticed the odd comment of late where this seems to be just starting to be noticed by some players.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
I am not a big fan of the spire. It just isn’t worth it to me to cater or battle all 3 levels. I am actually tired of it enough that I have only been doing level 1. I am more than capable of going for all 3 levels every week but I just don’t see any reason to do something every week that I don’t enjoy. My FS gets silver level every week even with a minimum of 1st 4 chests rule. My FS members do what they want with it and I’m good with that :cool:

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I've kept track since Sept 2022, I average +391 diamonds week on week from Spire prizes and Genies that I win, after accounting for spending 25 diamonds to buy a fourth round about 12-13 times each week.
oooh so about 50% of the diamonds you get from the spire are spent in the spire? Autofight FTW!

The spire mini-game was fun for a minute, but we had a travel version of mastermind for roadtrips when I was a kid so I got over it pretty quickly.
Now I cater the tournament (3 clicks per encounter vs 8) and I autofight the spire. I don't even check to see what I'm up against in waves 2&3. It means I wipe ~2x per spire, but for me that's worth it to save the time.

iamthouth

Tetris Master
@SoggyShorts yes I'm thinking that long term success is based on fighting, I can't go as deep in tournament from catering as other fighters can. But I'll need to firstly build the fighting wonders and lvl them I think, and then add Mercenary Camp and Training Camp as well.

I could use less diamonds, and just do more rounds of catering, by restarting, but it will cost more resources, potentially then impacting tournament.

bkbajb

I find the 15 minutes per week spent on the spire to be the best reward per input in the game.
Profits are well over a thousand diamonds per month, and the surplus of timer instants is awesome.

Perhaps you need to consider a different strategy?
Are you fighting and using military 5-day buildings on 2 consecutive spires for double efficiency?
Are you in a gold spire FS to get the extra 275 diamonds every week?

I am right with you. I never cater and the PP's come in handy for the higher chapters. I put out my 5 day buildings on Tuesday and they last me the tournament and the spire. There are rewards that I get and do not need and I hope Inno allows us to craft them into something better but until then I will take the rewards. Yes being in a gold FS makes all of the difference

The spire is not for those who are going to give up after a few weeks of abuse from the RNG gods. It is a long-term proposition. If you do it consistently over the course of 6 months, don't give up, don't hate the fact that you aren't getting good things every single week, you will find that the spire far, far, far outweighs anything else in the game in beneficial assets
This. Also probably matters if your fellows are doing it. If a player is hitting the top of spire and they're in a bronze fellowship, they should consider moving, or indeed spire may be a drag. JUST the chests might no be worth it, but the team reward from gold are, 100%.