• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

(Spoilers) Rise of the Phoenix Event Guide

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
NOTE: THIS IS THE 2017 EVENT!

Link to share with your fellowship:
tinyurl.com/soggyrise

Most of this is copied over from Beta, (special thanks to Jasper, Dony, Crazywizard, and the rest of the Beta gang)
I have added my "walkthrough" so you will be able to prepare for each quest before they come up.
As it is now, the first 70 quests are known, and it looks like you need at least
  • 10 tier 1 boosted
  • 12 workshops
to start. Around quest #50 you will need
  • 14 Tier 1 boosted
  • 8 workshops(more would be better of course)
One big change from previous events is that the "scout a province" also has the option to "upgrade a building to level 12+" instead, so if you have just unlocked a tech, you might want to hold off on upgrading until then.

I'll be posting the list here, and updating it, I'll also do the online googlesheet so you can make a copy and edit as you go.

Prep List (before the event starts)
Start 2 PoP spells, only collect them when a quest asks for it,
and always queue another one.
set 4 tier 1 boosted to 3h for #20
set 3 tier 1 boosted to 9h for #21
set 2 tier 1 boosted to 1 day for #22
set 1 tier 1 boosted to 2 day for #31
train 60 troops for #19
set 3 workshops to groceries (9h)
set 5 workshops to bread (1h)
set 1 workshops to beverages (5min)
set 2 workshops to simple tools (15min)
set 1 workshop to toolbox (1 day)

Link to Walkthrough
Quest list
  1. Produce Beverages [5 m] 1 time
  2. Produce Simple Tools [15 m] 2 times
  3. Gain 20 Culture
  4. Gain 10 Population
  5. Spend 1 Knowledge Points
  6. Move 1 Building
  7. Upgrade 2 Buildings to level 2 or higher
  8. Gain 200 Coins
  9. Gain 100 Supplies
  10. Produce Bread [1 h] 5 times
  11. Produce Simple Tools [15 m] 8 times
  12. Produce Basket of Groceries [9 h] 3 times
  13. Produce Beverages [5 m] 25 times
  14. Research 1 technology or upgrade 1 building to level 12 or higher
  15. Spend 5 Knowledge Points
  16. Accept 5 Trades Offers / Place 5 1 (bug) Trade Offers
  17. Gain 16 Relics
  18. Solve 12 Encounters or buy 12 Knowledge Points
  19. Train 60 Units
  20. Produce [Bonus Tier 1: 3 h] 4 times
  21. Produce [Bonus Tier 1: 9 h] 3 times
  22. Produce [Bonus Tier 1: 1 d] 2 times
  23. Scout 1 Province or upgrade 1 building to level 10 or higher
  24. Gain 300 Coins
  25. Gain 200 Supplies
  26. Train 100 Units
  27. Gain Power of Provision Spell 1 time
  28. Gain 50 Marble
  29. Gain 50 Steel
  30. Gain 50 Wood
  31. Produce [Bonus Tier 1: 2 d] 1 times
  32. Produce [Bonus Tier 1: 3 h] 5 times
  33. Spend 7 KP
  34. Produce Simple Tools [15 m] 20 times
  35. Produce Toolbox [1 d] 2 time
  36. Gain Power of Provision Spell 1 time
  37. Gain 20 Relics
  38. Solve 14 Encounters or buy 14 Knowledge Points
  39. Train 120 Units
  40. Produce [Bonus Tier 1: 3 h] 6 times
  41. Produce [Bonus Tier 1: 9 h] 5 times
  42. Produce [Bonus Tier 1: 1 d] 3 times
  43. Scout 2 Provinces or upgrade 2 building to level 10 or higher
  44. Gain 10 Crystals
  45. Gain 10 Scrolls
  46. Gain 10 Silk
  47. Upgrade 3 Buildings to level 3 or higher
  48. Gain 400 Coins
  49. Gain 300 Supplies
  50. Produce Bread [1 h] 8 times
  51. Produce Simple Tools [15 m] 25 times
  52. Produce Basket of Groceries [9 h] 5 times
  53. Produce Beverages [5 m] 35 time
  54. Research 1 technology or upgrade 1 building to level 12 or higher
  55. Spend 10 Knowledge Points
  56. Buy 8 Knowledge Points
  57. Gain Power of Provision Spell 2 time
  58. Gain 100 Marble
  59. Gain 100 Steel
  60. Gain 100 Wood
  61. Produce [Bonus Tier 1: 2 d] 3 times
  62. Produce [Bonus Tier 1: 3 h] 15 times
  63. Spend 13 Knowledge Points
  64. Produce Simple Tools [15 m] 50 times
  65. Produce Toolbox [1 d] 5 times
  66. Gain Power of Provision Spell 3 time
  67. Upgrade 4 Buildings to level 4 or higher
  68. Gain 1000 Coins
  69. Gain 500 Supplies
  70. Produce Bread [1 h] 12 times
  71. Produce Simple Tools [15 m] 70 times
  72. Produce Basket of Groceries [9 h] 8 times
  73. Produce Beverages [5 m] 60 time
  74. Research 2 technology or upgrade 2 building to level 12 or higher
  75. Spend 20 Knowledge Points
  76. Buy 16 Knowledge Points
  77. Gain 32 Relics
  78. Solve 20 Encounters or buy 20 Knowledge Points
  79. Train 200 Units
  80. Produce [Bonus Tier 1: 3 h] 9 times
  81. Produce [Bonus Tier 1: 9 h] 7 times
  82. Produce [Bonus Tier 1: 1 d] 5 times
  83. Scout 2 Provinces or upgrade 2 building to level 10 or higher
  84. Gain 40 crystal
  85. gain 40 scrolls
  86. gain 40 silk
  87. Congratulations!

Thanks again to Jasper for compiling this on Beta)
Event rewards

Last edited:

DeletedUser6368

These quests will now make me quit playing. WHY!! change, oh yeah! to accommodate the ones spending $1000's of dollars for diamonds, these quest don't help me 1 bit.
And what the heck is 4 tier boosted I only have 1, 2 and 3 tier boosted

DeletedUser3468

Sounds like this is going to be another fun one. I probably won't get too far with it since I have to use hubby's computer after he goes to bed and I really have to start getting to bed earlier than 3 am if I'm going to be able to get up by 6 am on 4/11. (This is probably already TMI so I won't take the explanation any further! :p) On the other hand, hubby did indicate that, if I asked nicely, he might let me use his computer during the day too...

Pity my old desktop computer has a horrible virus that I've been unable to get rid of, is still running XP, and doesn't have the right drive (or memory!) for me to transfer my copy of Windows 7 to it or I'd be using it right now! :rolleyes: Yup, getting really tired of using hubby's computer... :D

Also, a big thanks to Soggy for his work on the guides! They will be a big help getting me as far as I can get!

Istaru

Since there are daily prizes, does that mean we are hunting for Easter eggs, the way we had to collect snow crystals?

Also, the combo culture + population prizes listed for this event are kind of disappointing after the winter event. Not much population on offer. Some of the pure culture items have a nice amount of culture, but most of the prizes are kind of ugly. I'm guessing that the third grand prize will be unreachable again.

I don't know, but I may not bust my butt as hard to complete these, given how frustrating it was to complete all of the winter event quests and still not get the only decent grand prize. Some of the daily prizes I got during that event were better than the first two grand prizes.

Last edited:

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Since there are daily prizes, does that mean we are hunting for Easter eggs, the way we had to collect snow crystals?
Yes.
the combo culture + population prizes listed for this event are kind of disappointing after the winter event.
I think this is more a reflection of how overpowered some of the winter prizes were. For example the 15 winter stars I got in chapter 7 are better than chapter 9 houses in pop/square, don't need a road, and give culture instead of taking culture

I'm guessing that the third grand prize will be unreachable again. I don't know, but I may not bust my butt as hard to complete these, given how frustrating it was to complete all of the winter event quests and still not get the only decent grand prize. Some of the daily prizes I got during that event were better than the first two grand prizes.
EDIT:
14 less main story quests, 7 less daily quests, 7 less days for collecting essences on the map, last prize require same 800 feather as in winter event

The prize I'm interested in the most is the orc's nest. That building makes orcs for free, so a non-combat player can replace armories provided they are in chapter 8 or higher.
The travelling merchant (effectively a non-boosted goods producer) is a strange choice, as it is much worse than just building your boosted goods, and even if it wasn't, I thought they nerfed the wholesaler to promote trades....

Last edited:

DeletedUser3640

Hmm...

"Fire Tower" - might be good in earlier stages of the game, scales really bad towards the end though, pass;
"Traveling Merchant" - all of them are just a joke, pass;
"Burning Easter Egg" - 4.4k culture for a 3x3 buldings is kinda insane...but it doesn't give any mana, so...pass;
"Orc Nest" - tricky, but useless, basically it's a 4x2 building that produces really small amount of orcs - no, thank you, pass (1k culture is same as zero in chapter 10, so don't even bring that out);
"Grounds of the Orc Strategist" - tempting, really tempting, culture building that produces troops.... and 300 heavy ranged units per day are not that bad actually;
"Sculpture of Phoenix" - burning easter egg that didn't get enough vitamins, pass;
"Phoenix Cult" - numbers look okay + it's going to be a nice reminder for "advanced" players that they completely wasted their money on snails, and just because of that - love it.

DeletedUser5776

Thanks for this! Are all of the rewards known? Whats the best cult/pop item on a per-square basis? If its only the ones that are listed, I imagine its the "Phoenix Cult", since, well, there's not a whole lot to choose from lol...