• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Spooktacular Halloween Event!

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
So far, the event art is inspired and desirable. The quests, as available on Beta so far, continue to be tedious and banal. the story-lines are marginally better than they were a year ago, but generally seem lacking in inspiration. The increased frequency of events is overloading some people and becoming tiresome. There needs to additional engaging content that is fully optional (does not get in your face, like the events do, if you choose to not participate).

Risen Malchiah

I'm concerned by a trend in these mini-events. The "Gain XX relics" and "Solve XX encounters" quests are excessively high for an event with such a short duration. Solving encounters will be problematic for anyone with days-long scout times and if players are unlucky enough to get the gain relics quests on the weekend, it will be especially harsh.

Also, you'd be surprised how many solo players I've encountered who are clearly active (with current event buildings) and after talking with them, many simply didn't know that the tournaments even exist! These events can be detrimental to these solo players and will push them into expanding well beyond their means, making them lose interest in the game out of the belief that it's too difficult.

I recommend including a reminder in every event announcement that events are easier if players join or start a fellowship so they have access to the tournaments. And please reduce the number of encounters required for events with less than 2 weeks duration.

Last edited:

SassKatt

Do we really need to resolve 40 encounters? that's 5 provinces....at 70 hours to scout each.... :eek::eek::eek:
hm.... are u guys serious about this?
or players who are that far out on the map should just skip this event? :(
I thought the whole idea was to get us to slow down our expansion to what was needed per chapter. These events, ALL events are pushing me way out of the zone that I should have scouted and completed per chapter. Short events coupled with very long scout times makes them impossible to do. NOT COOL!!!!

DeletedUser6219

Can you seriously not wait a couple of weeks before ANOTHER event? The scheduling of events is starting to make the game less desirable as it takes away from being able to do things on our own time. Maybe it's just me, but I think whoever is in charge of scheduling these events needs to slow it down some.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Can you seriously not wait a couple of weeks before ANOTHER event? The scheduling of events is starting to make the game less desirable as it takes away from being able to do things on our own time. Maybe it's just me, but I think whoever is in charge of scheduling these events needs to slow it down some.
Realistically, some artist has been working on these for weeks, if not longer. It's not like they can just drop a Halloween event in late November. They'd have to push it out to next year, which would be a waste of resources and disappointing for an artist.
I thought the whole idea was to get us to slow down our expansion to what was needed per chapter.
More accurately, everything that Inno does is to get us to buy diamonds. They are in the business of selling us diamonds. Everything they do that can be done without diamonds is nothing but an advertisement for diamonds. Once we understand that, there's really nothing surprising about very many of their decisions.

DeletedUser4898

More accurately, everything that Inno does is to get us to buy diamonds. They are in the business of selling us diamonds. Everything they do that can be done without diamonds is nothing but an advertisement for diamonds. Once we understand that, there's really nothing surprising about very many of their decisions.
This statement is correct , however , reality is a bit more complicated since it is obvious that they can not sell diamonds to someone who no longer plays the the game. The game simplified so that it would be easier to win prices would be boring to many , frustration is perhaps a sign of complexity. They are very interested in what makes people enjoy the game and stay and play. Why do you play ? To build a pretty city ? NO
Then why?

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Life is always more complicated. I'm only saying that they want us to slow down our expansion, unless we are paying diamonds to do it, so that we will buy more diamonds.

DeletedUser6219

Realistically, some artist has been working on these for weeks, if not longer. It's not like they can just drop a Halloween event in late November. They'd have to push it out to next year, which would be a waste of resources and disappointing for an artist.

Then maybe the Fall event should have been a week sooner? I dunno it just seems that planning and forethought are areas where Inno lacks as of late.

DeletedUser4898

There are some tricks , ways to get things without using the usual amount of time or energy but you need to find them.. one example the event asks you to to gain XX of marble and xx is a big number. Trade for an amount of marble. then offer to trade that marble at a ridiculous price that no one will take. Then get out of the trader and do something unrelated then go back and cancel your offer and gain your marble back and then do it again. It does not say accumulate it says gain.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Then maybe the Fall event should have been a week sooner? I dunno it just seems that planning and forethought are areas where Inno lacks as of late.
Probably. I complained elsewhere that there are too many events coming too quickly. I think they got excited about having new content, including Fellowship adventures, and over-committed. It's easy to forget they're just human beings.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
There are some tricks , ways to get things without using the usual amount of time or energy but you need to find them.. one example the event asks you to to gain XX of marble and xx is a big number. Trade for an amount of marble. then offer to trade that marble at a ridiculous price that no one will take. Then get out of the trader and do something unrelated then go back and cancel your offer and gain your marble back and then do it again. It does not say accumulate it says gain.
Actually, the latest update fixed this trick. At least it doesn't work on the Beta server any more.

DeletedUser4898

Aw they fixed the trick? I have all these new buildings sitting waiting in storage and no space to sit them on and 6 Wonders and no books to raise them up and soldiers that cant win a fight and low available population but all the residence are maxed out until I can do some research way off in the future so what is my incentive to play another quest. Unless I either use diamonds or quit or burn old buildings and that is where they want me. Makes sense to me. No more diamonds. Burned my Wonky Walter tent and his monkeys yesterday.