• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Spooktacular Halloween Event!

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Then maybe the Fall event should have been a week sooner? I dunno it just seems that planning and forethought are areas where Inno lacks as of late.
Probably. I complained elsewhere that there are too many events coming too quickly. I think they got excited about having new content, including Fellowship adventures, and over-committed. It's easy to forget they're just human beings.
Aider said:
Crash and Lord Pumpkin - we want your feedback!
he has unsealed the unholy codex. This dark book inherits evil magic and can even manipulate space-time
Now if that was one of the daily prizes, I might get excited

DeletedUser5800

I only have 3 words to say about this event: Clatto Verata Nicto.
Hopefully Crash remembers them...
Also, at the risk of far more than 3 words :p, the event I could care less about but the end prizes are the first thing I've ever been excited about so I have no complaints. :eek:
(other than any previous complaints that apply ;))

DeletedUser4955

:cool:
Ends Nov 9th!! That's my birthday!!
My birthday too.

Do we really need to resolve 40 encounters? that's 5 provinces....at 70 hours to scout each.... :eek::eek::eek:
hm.... are u guys serious about this?
or players who are that far out on the map should just skip this event? :(
Agreed, I'm just now recovering from earlier quests. I went through 2 chapters without adding but a few province and was still able to make the number needed for next the treasure chest.

There are some tricks , ways to get things without using the usual amount of time or energy but you need to find them.. one example the event asks you to to gain XX of marble and xx is a big number. Trade for an amount of marble. then offer to trade that marble at a ridiculous price that no one will take. Then get out of the trader and do something unrelated then go back and cancel your offer and gain your marble back and then do it again. It does not say accumulate it says gain.
That works? Cool...and very sneaky.

Aw they fixed the trick? I have all these new buildings sitting waiting in storage and no space to sit them on and 6 Wonders and no books to raise them up and soldiers that cant win a fight and low available population but all the residence are maxed out until I can do some research way off in the future so what is my incentive to play another quest. Unless I either use diamonds or quit or burn old buildings and that is where they want me. Makes sense to me. No more diamonds. Burned my Wonky Walter tent and his monkeys yesterday.
That is a perfect description of the game we love so well.:)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser9080

I only have 3 words to say about this event: Clatto Verata Nicto.
Hopefully Crash remembers them...
Also, at the risk of far more than 3 words :p, the event I could care less about but the end prizes are the first thing I've ever been excited about so I have no complaints. :eek:
(other than any previous complaints that apply ;))
Wouldn't that be "Klaatu Barada Nikto"???

And why does CRASH look suspiciously like ASH WILLIAMS???

Right down to the bloody Baseball bat!

:)

Tauriel Dragonwood

From the comments here, it seems the game devs did not change nor improve the Halloween Event. I am hoping I won’t be stuck on Quest 20: “Research 1 Technology or upgrade 1 Building to Level 20 or higher.” If the Orcs have not arrived in your city, you will not be able to upgrade a building to Level 20. The dwarves are visiting me and a lot of research cannot be unlocked until they produce enough granite and copper. Toward the end of the Dwarves Chapter, the amount of granite needed to research Dwarven Ancient Wonders is ridiculous.

I was warned not to over scout like I did in the Beta World. Found myself in the Dwarves Chapter but unable to fight nor negotiate because the provinces available are Very Hard and require Orcs. The quests in this event are demanding that you “Solve Encounters.” Fighting or negotiating in the tournaments do not solve encounters. If the quests haven’t changed, I would have to scout 7 provinces. Now isn't that going against what I was warned not to do?

So disappointed that the game devs cannot make an event that caters to all levels of players.

qaccy

So disappointed that the game devs cannot make an event that caters to all levels of players.

Eldrasil's Ascending was a very well-designed event regarding accessibility. Did you forget about that one?

Regarding this event, I have to say I may end up skipping it myself. I save provinces and their encounters exclusively for when events call for them to be completed, but if the numbers I'm seeing are accurate they seem rather high for the rewards on offer. Skipping an event isn't the end of the world, I at least understand that I'm not compelled to take part in them.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
The events are optional. Some like them and some do not. The biggest "complaint" I have is the "buy 17 KPs" type quests. Since KPs get increasingly more expensive, after a few such quests they can become cost prohibitive.
One idea that gets mentioned a lot, especially by @SoggyShorts is to reserve one of your boosted goods, and never buy kp with that except for events. That keeps the cost relatively low.

Last edited:

ChiefObie

One idea that gets mentioned a lot, especially by @SoggyShorts is to reserve one of your boosted goodds, and never buy kp with that except for events. That keeps the cost relatively low.

Now that you mention it, I remember seeing that post from SoggyShorts'. So that's why I've been saving my boosted goods KP purchase.

QUESTION: Do we have to complete ALL the quests to get both buildings, or is one building an intermediate prize?

DeletedUser4366

Yes 40 encounters is completely impossible for long time players without investing in diamonds. In fact, for that price, you can just buy buildings (with diamonds) that are superior. The event is therefore a non starter for me.

On a side note, it is hard for long time players to excite their lower ranked/newer fellowship members about an event that they themselves cannot succeed in.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Yes 40 encounters is completely impossible for long time players without investing in diamonds. In fact, for that price, you can just buy buildings (with diamonds) that are superior. The event is therefore a non starter for me.
I've been playing for a year and a half, and I'm 2 techs from finishing halflings.
I'll be finished the event when the tournament ends (around 27h after my first log in)
I have never bought a single diamond.

Even if your scout times are 80 hours and you had zero open provinces after the last event, it's doable.
Beta players announced the event 7 days before it came to Live, and it's over 12 days long.
that's 19 days to scout 5 provinces.