• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Spooktacular Halloween Event!

ChiefObie

I object your naming the prize building; Windmill of Evil. I do not celebrate Evil, do not want Evil built in my lands, and dislike the mindset that reinforces.
As an alternative, I ask Inno to consider: Worrisome Windmill.

Or maybe we should just call the game Evilnar?

They should have stopped with "Haunted Windmill"

DeletedUser4366

I'm currently scouting are still labelled 'very easy' with just over 30 hours' scout time.

Congrats @qaccy - either this means you are one of a handful of elite artful goldilocks players or you have invested with diamonds for your many expansions and buildings at some point in time. Not sure which one you fall into but great to hear.

Perhaps you're putting too much importance on scouting to the effect of all but locking yourself out of event quests most of the time?

My assertion is from a player that has been in the top 200 for a while, and does not use diamonds. I too am almost finished Half-flings, and have found it very challenging to have the space to continue. I do finish almost all events, with 20 buildings in my inventory; I used the double nuts to get all 3 bldgs in last quest; and I have filled up the rune shards for every AW with the exception of the halflings ones, while being able to only place 5 of them. So I'm not in the goldilocks zone, not even close. I do not mind doing a few scouting missions, and I am not the only person that has commented in this very forum about the 40 encounters. Looking forward to you productively questioning the playing style of those players as well.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
I am in Arendyll and having the problem with the small amount of marble again. I traded for 3400 marble and it didn't show. I refreshed my page as I was told to do. But nothing!
Are you picking up a trade or is someone picking up yours? If someone is picking up yours, you may need to open trader to get the goods to credit to your inventory and the quest. If you're picking up a trade, I got nothing...

DeletedUser4382

Do we really need to resolve 40 encounters? that's 5 provinces....at 70 hours to scout each.... :eek::eek::eek:
hm.... are u guys serious about this?
or players who are that far out on the map should just skip this event? :(

Right?! And I just discovered that I am no longer given the option to scout anything labeled as "very hard." That's all I have available. I'm SO frustrated.

DeletedUser7370

The only problem I have with this is that we just finished a Special Event and now we've got another Special Event. I wish that Inno would understand that when there are constant Special Events they soon stop feeling Special.
I had this same problem with another game. I told them it was a problem. Thousands of other users told them it was a problem. The devs did not listen. I quit playing that game.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I'm not saying it's for everyone, but if you adapt your cities to be more geared towards events, then they won't seem as closely packed together. I finished the Eldrasil event quite soon, so for me it seems like there was almost a 1 month gap between events.
Same goes for a suspected FA or whatever comes next- I'll be done with Halloween 27h after it started, so even if the next thing happens immediately following this, I'll have a ten day break.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I'm not saying it's for everyone, but if you adapt your cities to be more geared towards events, then they won't seem as closely packed together.
I disagree. I too have reserved lots of space, and was able to get through Eldrasil in less than a week, but they still feel too close together. Admittedly, the failed Fellowship Adventure just before Eldrasil is likely coloring that perception, but the very fact that they failed on something that wasn't even it's initial instance seems indicative that the team is taking on too much. I favor quality over quantity, and the Halloween event does not say "quality" to me.

Risen Malchiah

I disagree. I too have reserved lots of space, and was able to get through Eldrasil in less than a week, but they still feel too close together. Admittedly, the failed Fellowship Adventure just before Eldrasil is likely coloring that perception, but the very fact that they failed on something that wasn't even it's initial instance seems indicative that the team is taking on too much. I favor quality over quantity, and the Halloween event does not say "quality" to me.
The Halloween event obviously makes sense to be around Halloween. It actually seems like it started somewhat late. I suspect Eldrasil's and Halloween were meant to be earlier, but got pushed back to make room for Masquerade and FA. What amazes me is that we were supposed to have 2 FAs which would have sandwiched all this together even more. And we'll probably have a new FA before the winter.

My completely unsubstantiated hunch is that there are separate people working on these events. Team A gives us Eldrasil's with attainable grand prizes, no required encounters to solve over 26 days, and 20-hr instants. Team B gives us Fellowship Adventures, Halloween with 40 required encounters to solve in 13 days, and 3-min instants. Nothing else adequately explains this disconnect to me.

DeletedUser7177

Are you picking up a trade or is someone picking up yours? If someone is picking up yours, you may need to open trader to get the goods to credit to your inventory and the quest. If you're picking up a trade, I got nothing...
I am picking up a trade. I have been off of the computer for awhile. I tried again to pick up some marble, but it didn't register. I didn't get any marble showing in my reserve either. :(

Risen Malchiah

@Night Star You're the 3rd person I've seen mention the marble quest. I didn't have the issue so I can only guess. Try closing the browser, then relog to see if it registered. Otherwise, try the wholesaler to work around what appears to be a glitch for some people. The others who had this issues didn't say what fixed it other than it eventually got fixed. If yours doesn't work, then I suggest opening a support ticket.

DeletedUser12904

Crash and Lord Pumpkin - we want your feedback!

Dear Humans and Elves,

As you have already seen, our Halloween event has been announced. We would love to hear your feedback in this discussion thread.

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

It is a joke and a slap in the face of the players. The rewards are pure crap and shows a lack of a thought process.

DeletedUser3297

It was actually a fun event to do. I think the Windmill of Evil is a very neat building to look at and it goes so well with last years Daunting Pumpkins. I am glad this was an easy event to get done as well, I figure if I was not between chapters it would have only take 4 days to complete anyway.

All the instants were also great prizes even if a lot of them were 3 minute ones, but even those add up quick :)

DeletedUser4372

here is a copy paste of end of halloween event.

26 Solve 17 Encounters 1 Knowledge Point -(this alone is 3 maps. unless you are in newbieville, this is the deal killer all by itself).

27 Produce Toolbox 7 times Workshop 1 day 3 Magical Manufactoring Enchantments

28 Produce Simple Tools 37 times Workshop 15 mins 3 Ensorcelled Endowment Enchantments

29 Scout 1 Province 3 Power of Provision Enchantments

Upgrade 4 Buildings to Level 5 or higher (again, must be on a low map, or be ready to level 4 building just to lvl 5 for this one quest) The sheer amount of population i would need to upgrade 4 buildings in a row, the time would be about 24 hours for each building at my levels.

31 Solve 23 Encounters Coin Rain - 10% (This on top of the 17 encounters just 5 quests ago? REMEMBER, this event must have 3 quests done a day on average)

32 Gain 29 Relics Supply Windfall - 10%
This is just silly, for the kind of buildings they give? WHY? would anyone work to get this? when i see the buildings after this, i will only think, another sucker spent way too much in diamonds and not see any kind of a winner.

SoggyShorts

Upgrade 4 Buildings to Level 5 or higher (again, must be on a low map, or be ready to level 4 building just to lvl 5 for this one quest) The sheer amount of population i would need to upgrade 4 buildings in a row, the time would be about 24 hours for each building at my levels.
1 residence and 1 marble should do the trick. Just upgrade them to 4 now, and when you reach the quest go to 5, and then 6.
Shouldn't take more than a few hours.
32 Gain 29 Relics Supply Windfall - 10%
This is just silly, for the kind of buildings they give? WHY? would anyone work to get this? when i see the buildings after this, i will only think, another sucker spent way too much in diamonds and not see any kind of a winner.
If you prepare your city a little bit in advance you should be able to get the first ~20 quests done in a day. If you do, then you have over 10 days to scout a few provinces, and as long as you have some time left in the marble tournament, the final quest should complete itself.

Check the link in my signature for more tips on how I complete events like this in about a day.

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
I am not sure what is up either, they had started to become good (or I should say better then they were) with giving alternative quests when asking for scouting and encounter quests a few events ago, but now it seems they forgot how to do that. After a well done event (Eldrasil's) this one just doesn't seem as well done. Timing is bad too, I just did the quest as they came and I will get the quest to get 19 relics about 10 hours after the tourney finishes. So I will have to wait until the next one starts or scout 3 more provinces. (happened the same in beta to me as well). I am with Risen Malchiah that this event (Halloween) wasn't done by the same people that did Eldrasil's.

SoggyShorts

I am with Risen Malchiah that this event (Halloween) wasn't done by the same people that did Eldrasil's.
The more you compare events, the more this makes sense. We really seemed to be on the right track with quest requirements, but suddenly they are making the same mistakes they used to. The wild swings in instant rewards is odd as well.
FA: 4th place on the server = 1x14h instant
Eldrasil = 200-500h+ of instants (depending on choices)
Halloween= 15h total instants