• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Spreadsheets of Manufactory Efficiency by Chapter, Revised and Complete

BrinDarby

@MaidenFair ,
The only reason I ask'd is because @ some levels, it sure seems
on a per pop/culture basis, its more efficient to place more smaller
manu ( not max lvl ), yet that has the negative of not as efficient
per square. ( spacewise ) and thus thats where your calc comes in
and takes into account all the associated "costs" of the manu.

Save space on the manu , or save space on need'n pop/culture for the Manu.

MaidenFair

Chef - Head Philologist
I see I missed a few replies to this, whoops! @ed1960, @Gkyr, and @Hueanthar thank you for your kind words! The elven manufactories are finished and linked now, for those of you who were awaiting them. :D

@Mykan
Once you hit chapter 8 or 222 provinces you will need them. There are a orc nests that can be crafted (maybe build some in chapter 7 and plan to upgrade with RR) as an alternative. I have not run the numbers for orc production, only training size. The interesting thing with orc production is an orc nest provide culture as well so even if an armory were better it may still come down to how close and the value of the culture if it saves using other spots for culture.
I'm halfway through 9 now, doing okay so far on just the Echoes, an Orc Ship, and a partially evolved Witch's Hut (this I did add about a week ago when I realised my reserve was trending downwards). I also have a few orc nests in inventory in case I need them. I haven't put the numbers into a neat spreadsheet but when I was doing planning several chapters ago, I found that armories are actually the least efficient way to get orcs, by a lot. The best armory I could have right now is a level 23, which would give me 640 orcs a day, or only 1.07 orcs/square/hour (based on the basic footprint, 5x5, not taking into account the pop and culture it also needs). An orc nest, otoh, gives me 450 a day, or 2.34 orcs/square/hour, plus it doesn't need the boatloads of population and culture the armory does. Since I don't need the extra training size, orc nests or event buildings are definitely the way to go.
Have you ever done this for supplies? I have all the tables I need but just haven't had the motivation to do it yet. Apparently I did run a table for it, just never studied it obviously.
Haha! I have not done it for supplies so far. Is your table shareable? I'd love to see it.

And @BrinDarby
@MaidenFair ,
The only reason I ask'd is because @ some levels, it sure seems
on a per pop/culture basis, its more efficient to place more smaller
manu ( not max lvl ), yet that has the negative of not as efficient
per square. ( spacewise ) and thus thats where your calc comes in
and takes into account all the associated "costs" of the manu.

Save space on the manu , or save space on need'n pop/culture for the Manu.
Exactly. You will have more squares devoted to the manufactories themselves, yet since the pop/culture needs increase so drastically (and not proportionately to production increases!), you can in some cases actually save space in the city overall with smaller manufactories, without sacrificing production. Yay for extra squares! ;)