• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Squad Size Disadvantage

DeletedUser5978

Hello and Thank you for your assistance
I am a HUMAN in KLENONARR
I just started Era 4 - wisdom & wonder knowledge tree (on 1st branch of Tree)
I have a Level 14 Barracks (upgrading now to 15)
I have 5 Aromies at Level 8 (highest I can go currently)(research)
I have a Training ground at Level 4 (highest I can go currently)
Yet, the Squad Size's against mine out number mine (to win Province's for land expansions, relics etc)
129 (mine) vs 163 (theirs)
Is this the norm?
I am 5 Prov
rings away from my city. I tried to add pic's but couldn't figure it out, it keep stating unable to upload.
I have 60/70 won for Era-5's Advance Scout chest

Thank You for information/Advice

Mykan

Oh Wise One
I just started Era 4 - wisdom & wonder knowledge tree (on 1st branch of Tree)
Yet, the Squad Size's against mine out number mine (to win Province's for land expansions, relics etc)
129 (mine) vs 163 (theirs)
Is this the norm?
I am 5 Prov
rings away from my city.
I have 60/70 won for Era-5's Advance Scout chest

This is the key information. Your scouting technology and approach is key to keeping enemy squad sizes down (also cater costs). It appears you are tracking well there so the next thing is that you are near the start of the 4th era, there are a total of 4 squad size techs by the end of that era (from the start) so your total squad size will hit 240.

It is common to be a little outnumbered towards the start of an era but as you get those new squad size techs you quickly outnumber the enemy until you get into the next era. Your ability to fight past the number of chests for each era also increases as you get through each era.

DeletedUser2870

@Mykan is correct.
If you want to be able to fight you need to stay close between the numbers of chests of your present and the next chapter.
Once you go over too far the fights will get much, much harder.
Fights where you are outnumbered to up to about 1,5 : 1 are generally winnable. If you get outnumbered more than that it will become exponentially harder and you ll have more losses in troops even if you do win.
Anything beyond 2 : 1 is almost impossible anyway, so either you will want to wait with scouting until your squads get larger again, or you ll have to go on and cater all of them. However, if you choose that last option its pretty much forever so, unless at some point you wait with scouting ahead until you are once again between the numbers of provinces for the present and the next chapter.

DeletedUser5978

This is the key information. Your scouting technology and approach is key to keeping enemy squad sizes down (also cater costs). It appears you are tracking well there so the next thing is that you are near the start of the 4th era, there are a total of 4 squad size techs by the end of that era (from the start) so your total squad size will hit 240.

It is common to be a little outnumbered towards the start of an era but as you get those new squad size techs you quickly outnumber the enemy until you get into the next era. Your ability to fight past the number of chests for each era also increases as you get through each era.

Thank you for replying, the 2nd branch has a squad size upgrade, I was bummed, I was on my world and decided to see if my chances had changed but nope they had 329 level II troops :mad:, and 6 squads :(. I only a few Level II Squad members and 5 squads. :oops:
I've read a majority f your guides to and have shared with my fellowship. Thank you again, I will keep you updated..
Kimbella68o_O

DeletedUser5978

@Mykan is correct.
If you want to be able to fight you need to stay close between the numbers of chests of your present and the next chapter.
Once you go over too far the fights will get much, much harder.
Fights where you are outnumbered to up to about 1,5 : 1 are generally winnable. If you get outnumbered more than that it will become exponentially harder and you ll have more losses in troops even if you do win.
Anything beyond 2 : 1 is almost impossible anyway, so either you will want to wait with scouting until your squads get larger again, or you ll have to go on and cater all of them. However, if you choose that last option its pretty much forever so, unless at some point you wait with scouting ahead until you are once again between the numbers of provinces for the present and the next chapter.

Thanks for replying,
I just want land, peeps and culture...:D I get overzealous and gung hoo. I will not scout/concur anymore prov's till end. which will give me time to build up a massive amount of troops and there are multiple land expansions on the tree. So I should be good til the end. thanks again Dhurrin

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Thank you for replying, the 2nd branch has a squad size upgrade, I was bummed, I was on my world and decided to see if my chances had changed but nope they had 329 level II troops :mad:, and 6 squads :(.

The enemy squad sizes and troops are fixed once you scout a territory, only advanced scout tech reduces future costs. For example if you scout a ring 6 province before and after an advanced scout tech the second one will be cheaper than the first.

You should find you can accelerate on expansion mid-late era. There is a lot more thought and strategy on timing expansion now then previous.

DeletedUser5978

The enemy squad sizes and troops are fixed once you scout a territory, only advanced scout tech reduces future costs. For example if you scout a ring 6 province before and after an advanced scout tech the second one will be cheaper than the first.

You should find you can accelerate on expansion mid-late era. There is a lot more thought and strategy on timing expansion now then previous.

Thankyou , I try to complete one ring at a time, while doing scouts. I get the Superior Armory in the next branch and a Cerberus promotion a few more branches over. I'm going focus on upgrading my peeps to level 15, workshops and magic dust. But (LOL) I am going to be peaking every once in a while. I will be back to update you.
Thank you
Kimbella68:)

DeletedUser5978

Mykan and Dhurrin,
Here's an update
I have a L-15 Barracks
I upgraded to squad size 10 (there are 2 more at the next to last branch) I am on the 4th out of the 7 branches
I need 7 more Provinces to unlock the Advance scout chest to next level
After activating the Squad size 10 (me being me) I looked for a fight and I am still overprowered 273 to 159 in 1 rung,:eek: 230 to 159 in another rung, 252 to 159 in the same rung. (I have check the majority of open Prov's and I am outnumbered).o_O
I sad...:(
So, I am waiting and I will keep you updated:)

DeletedUser2870

I know.
I have a test city in chapter 3 and still need 6 provinces to open the chest for the next chapter. But Im overmatched in my fights and so am waiting to gather goods. It takes forever and is no fun at all.
Especially in the early cities, with only few units available the new system sucks. My units have no defense against mistwalkers for instance.

DeletedUser3297

I started a test city on EN a few days ago. I was able to get the first 10 provinces, fighting mostly. They give you 50 squads of light ranged, light melee and heavy melee now, so it was nice. Treants worked great in the early encounters. But that 10th province was tough! I'll be scouting my 11th province tomorrow after I open the chest. Still have not encountered mist walkers yet.

DeletedUser2870

wait...they GIVE you 50 squads of each now? Ive been building troops forever in my small city and am nowhere near 50 squads.
Seems like a first admission that the system isnt working so well.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
They give you 50 squads of light ranged, light melee and heavy melee now, so it was nice. Treants worked great in the early encounters.

Is that a quest or you just start with that? Its a nice start, hope they give mages and heavy range in era 2 :rolleyes:

DeletedUser3297

wait...they GIVE you 50 squads of each now? Ive been building troops forever in my small city and am nowhere near 50 squads.
Seems like a first admission that the system isnt working so well.

There is what you get when you first start the game now :)

baKOxEN.png

DeletedUser2870

yup, tried it on beta. After a few initial tutorial quests you just get troops
50 squads (6) of sworddancers and archers each and 50 squads (1) of treants.

Good part is it helps a player get a start without spending a huge amount of time on building enough troops.

Bad part is, it encourages players to overscout and overconquer since there still is no ingame warning about that as far as I can see.

btw, facing mistwalkers in chapter 1 really is a bit weird. Sorry, but the allocation of enemy troops like that is just wrong. Id prefer the build-up of enemy troops to be a bit more in line with the players own troops.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4778

btw, facing mistwalkers in chapter 1 really is a bit weird

That's not just weird but plain unfair to small cities. An enemy that powerful with higher initiative than you is just wrong. I was hoping they would still have the wild archers but, from your comment, I guess they've phased out the old and weaker units. That's very bad and discouraging for new players.

DeletedUser2870

I already felt so facing them in my chapter 3 city.
Ive completed all the research but still need to conquer 5 provinces in order to open the chest for chapter 4, so Im supposed to be within the GZ zone. But facing 1 : 1,5 odds where the opposing units are also much more powerfull AND have a higher initiative really sucks.
So also on that level fighting is pretty much impossible. Really a big thumbs down on that because its a way of discouraging players. I need about a full day to build enough troops for just 2 encounters, because even if I do win I have 80-90 percent losses.

So 5 provinces=40 encounters=20 days. Really? That means what...20x24 kps to dump in wonders because the fighting cant be done with the available units. In bloody chapter 3!
Gee, I wonder why so many people quit early in the game.