• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Squad size upgrade question

• Thread starter Deleted User - 4366037
  • Start date

Deleted User - 4366037

I am currently working on a squad size upgrade in the research tree, and I was wondering whether anyone knew exactly when the upgrade would affect the tournament. Since this tournament is already ongoing, would there be no effect until the next one? What about if the tourney provinces are all ready to fight (i.e., not counting down on timers), so the enemy squad sizes are shown? If I complete that research, the would the enemy squad sizes (and negotiation goods) automatically and immediately increase as well? I would like to strategize here a bit if it is possible.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I think it's on the next provinces which are "prepared." The provinces ready to solve won't change, but the ones still on countdown will be.

Deleted User - 4366037

I think it's on the next provinces which are "prepared." The provinces ready to solve won't change, but the ones still on countdown will be.
Gotcha. I will plan around that then. Thanks!

Deleted User - 4366037

Fyi, for anyone else curious about this question, I tested it out last evening and researching the squad size upgrade did immediately cause both my squad size and the enemy's squad size to increase on the tournament provinces that were ready to fight. So you are better off finishing off that round before activating the research.

iven

? so when you increase your squad size the squad size of the provinces increase also ?

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
? so when you increase your squad size the squad size of the provinces increase also ?
When you increase your squad size, it helps you fight in your territory when you are expanding your territory, but it hurts you in the tournaments, because the enemy gets stronger in the tournament provinces. So for a big tourney player who already has enough map filled out, a lot of the high level players seem to say that they skip the increase squad size research. I'm not there yet, so I need those increases. I have a lot more map to fill out and I'm only in Dwarves, but that's what they say in the forum. I'm sure one of the higher players will be in to better answer your question.

CrazyWizard

Oh Wise One
Yup if you like tournaments, you best reseach as less SS upgrades as possible, (some can be ignored while still progressing ytough the reseach tree)
This will hurt you on the world map, but you can easily negotiate those encounters instead.

This will make the tournaments a lot easier to complete as both yours and you enemy's SS will be lower. reducing the unit losses overall.

Kekune

So for a big tourney player who already has enough map filled out, a lot of the high level players seem to say that they skip the increase squad size research. I'm not there yet, so I need those increases. I have a lot more map to fill out and I'm only in Dwarves,
By the time you're a "big tourney player" there aren't many more upgrades to skip, lol. I think it's better framed as a short-term sacrifice in order to gain a long-term benefit. And actually, if you consider all the extra benefits you get from better tourney performance, I'm not sure it's a sacrifice at all.

On my main city, which is now in ch 15, I've skipped upgrades since I learned about that connection to tournament difficulty, around the end of ch 5. In cities I've started since then, I skipped every one. It was worth it to me in the long run. I clear far more tourney encounters in a given week than I do map encounters, so I'd rather the tourney be cheaper.