• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

squad size upgrades

• Thread starter DeletedUser15476
  • Start date

Chrizty

Thanks guys you rock! so glad to now the scouting world has nothing to do with the tourney as far as easy/med/hard. yea Soggy I ment the "Advanced Scouts" tech sorry I worded that wrong.:confused:

It was my goal for 1000 points but I get that easy enough so m now challenging myself for a 1600 goal,,I can get though not easy long as I get online enough to keep my army's going and do the 6 rounds in 6 prov's.. I find myself catering more with it so I have some work to do, either upgrade my armories soon as I do the research. or add a 6th armory...there is also a few AWs I need...Ill get there :)
Ive seen some get a 4000 score and Im like, That will be my goal someday!! :D

Yes Kctanzen I have noticed the more rounds you do the harder. also same with provs..there is a big difference in like the first few provs, ill have a good bit of army but in the 10 or up my army lowers. I checked this once on day 2 of a tourney after opening up 10 provs.
I have weighed the options of opening up more provs and doing less rounds for my goal.. but often the 60 point in the 6th round over runs anything I was trying to do lol
I thought if I did less rounds I would have more time to train troops,, but what's the point if I'm fighting more provs .

DeletedUser20709

Excellent intel in this thread, can't believe I hadn't seen it. Thank you to all the contributors. ;)

A few notes I would like to add / clarify about squad sizes / tourney difficulty :

==== The battles are *exactly* the same for a base squad size of 100 or 1000.

--- Every province in round one starts at a percentage of your base squad size and remains at that level for each round of that specific province for the tourney, unless you take a squad upgrade in the middle of tourney.
--- Each province increases a bit in the percentage, until around 16 or so where is equals one full squad for each slot we use - and continues to increase at that same rate the more provinces you choose to battle.
-- The enemy scales at a fixed rate based on the round of the province.
-- Starting at about 85% and increasing each round by about 15%, until round 6 is roughly the enemy is roughly 160% our beginning size.
-- There are a few oddballs in that mix, province 5 and 7 come to mind for sure, where the starting size is much larger.

=== Loss rates are pretty much static across any squad size, not taking into account various wonders or battle boosters.

=== The difficulty isn't so much the battle .. but replacing the losses to continue gathering goodies in the rest of that week's tourney.
-- Far faster / less costly to replace 10% squad loss when your squad size is only 100 .. versus 1000.

== Squad size also is part of the catering equation in tourneys, but I don't know the specific math for that calculation.

Hope this helps folks make a better informed choice :)

Outstanding breakdown @kctanzen. You too @SoggyShorts. I'm a numbers guy. Everything makes more sense when I canz sees it in math form....lol :p:D

Mykan

Oh Wise One
--- Every province in round one starts at a percentage of your base squad size and remains at that level for each round of that specific province for the tourney, unless you take a squad upgrade in the middle of tourney.
--- Each province increases a bit in the percentage, until around 16 or so where is equals one full squad for each slot we use - and continues to increase at that same rate the more provinces you choose to battle.

The percentage starts at 5% and increases by that each round, so by round 20 you are at a full squad size (20 x 5% = 100% or 1 squad). From memory there is a minimum squad size of 6 so a person with a small enough full squad size will likely get some variance as a result of the minimum possible amount.

SilverbugLuxor

I have skipped several open squad size upgrades, if I do not go back and do them will it make any difference if I start now? I'm about to enter the Elements. I have several buildings to make troops so I can do battle but I'm not sure if missing those upgrades is hurting or not. I would like to battle more.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I have skipped several open squad size upgrades, if I do not go back and do them will it make any difference if I start now? I'm about to enter the Elements. I have several buildings to make troops so I can do battle but I'm not sure if missing those upgrades is hurting or not. I would like to battle more.
DO NOT go back and take those techs.
You can only do a handful of world map fights per day where they help you, but you can do hundreds per week in the tournament where they hurt you.

Socrates28

I just tested this assertion that increasing your squad size will increase negotiating costs - it did not. I have before and after screenshots to prove it. However, I need to test this for tournaments - which there isn't one right now. I really question the logic of increasing catering costs with larger squad sizes. I can see linking catering costs with chapters or other progress, but linking it to squad size just negates the benefit of said upgrade. I'll let you know on Tuesday.
The point I would make is that after you scouted a province it battle parameters would be set. If you then did an upgrade on your ss, none of that would change.

DeletedUser20709

This seems like a good place to ask a question, since it covers the same material. IF I skip a squad upgrade in the tech tree, how does that affect the next squad upgrade I am forced to unlock? For example, if the unlocked SU (Squad Upgrade) has no value on the next upgrade, thats a good thing, BUT if the SU I skipped, has no bearing on the next upgrade...I would like to know that...IE
I skip an upgrade and the next upgrade gives me 200 per squad. My concern is that if I would have unlocked the previous upgrade, would THAT 200 upgrade be different? Bottom line...does skipping an SU have any affect on the next SU?

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Bottom line...does skipping an SU have any affect on the next SU?
No.
Each SS tech increases your SS by 3xtech name
E.G.
"Squad Size upgrade 23" increases your SS by 3x23
"Squad Size upgrade 4" increases your SS by 3x4
Note: It's the name that matters, not how many you have unlocked so SS tech 23 will always increase your SS by 69 regardless of any skipped techs.