• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Squad Size?

• Thread starter DeletedUser5776
  • Start date

DeletedUser5776

First, sorry if this has been answered anywhere, I looked but couldn't find it.

How much should the "Squad Size Limit Increase" technology give? For the quest for the second increase, the text told me it "increased by 12, doubling our attack power" or something. However, it only added +3.

When I look through the release notes, the notes for 1.15 (https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/release-notes-version-1-15.4194/) said this:

"Squad Size Increase technologies now give 3x their number of increase to your maximum squad size, rather than the fixed +12 that they would give until now".

So what SHOULD it be? Litterally +3 units, as happens in the game? x3 as the 1.15 update says? Or something else?

My squad size after researching the second increase is only 15, and I'm fighting squads in the provinces that are like 6x+ that.

Thanks!

DeletedUser3087

Open up the barracks and the squad size is shown, now in the research tree find the next squad upgrade. What ever upgrade number it says when you research that tech your squad size will increase 3x that upgrade number. You may be confusing squad size with training size.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
This is a table from my guide, might help you. You can see what squad size increase each tech gives and what your cumulative total will be if you have all prior techs and the max possible squad size by era.
Squad_Sizes.jpg

DeletedUser2870

@Mykan
Correct, except for one thing: Not all squadsize increases are required tech, so if one skips one or more of those the squads will get to be other sizes

DeletedUser5776

Thank you everyone, it does make perfect sense now. Thanks!

turfboss

I understand the above answer - but where do I find the information @Mykan posted concerning not all upgrades being controlled by tech - I am at tech 2 and working to finish chapter 1 but I cannot fight any of the battles in the provinces since sending my 5 squads at 15 each against even two or three of some of the opposition (squad size 50 to 90) is always a lost battle - since those troops cost both hard resources and development time.
Like the comment above about the diamond purchases - I refuse to buy diamonds just to progress in the game at the pace I would like to - better to wait for my city to grow to produce the required resources and then negotiate the relics rather than develop troops to send to slaughter.