• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Square Profile Icons

OIM20

Access details:
Version: v1.136.4-(0acbfbb) - html5 (2021-08-19 15:02)
World: Elcysandir, Sinya Arda, Harandar
Browser: Firefox 91.0.2 (64-bit)
Screen resolution: 2560 x 1600
Account name: OIM20
:elf:
Reproducibility: 4/5 = happens often, but not always

Active quests: I don't believe this is applicable since it's happening in each of the worlds and has been for the past week at least.

Current situation: Often, but not every time, the profile image will appear as a square instead of having the edges covered by the circular graphic.

Expected situation: The corners of the profile image should not be visible.

Reproduction steps: Unknown

Screen captures: I left the URL visible in the screen. These were taken today. I had to login to Elcy twice to get it to show the bug, so this does not happen every time, but it has been happening for a while now.
27 Aug 2021 profile pic square.jpg

OIM20

It's back. Currently only on Harandar - 19 Sept 2021 square profile icon - Harandar.jpg

Date and time stamp and URL showing server in screen capture.

Version v1.137.2-(b5d0ba0) - html5 (2021-09-02 09:31)
Browser: Firefox 92.0 64-bit

Everything else as far s access details is the same as before.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Speaking of profiles
My cities on live are displaying the wrong profile pic in the bubbles in my city after NH. Typically it shows a random face from the chapter the player is currently running.

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
Speaking of profiles
My cities on live are displaying the wrong profile pic in the bubbles in my city after NH. Typically it shows a random face from the chapter the player is currently running.
That's even stranger, are they square too? Browser or App? What cities? Have you cleared cache already?

Lelanya

Browser.
I cannot take screenshots because they disappear too fast; I have tried. Best I can do is screenshoot the false picture and the notification for the action.
Not sure on square issue.
Only happens on live realms, not on Beta. Does not matter if EN or US, always on live, never on Beta. So between that, and what my techie guy has to say about the 'clear cache' solution, I consider cache not relevant.

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
Browser.
I cannot take screenshots because they disappear too fast; I have tried. Best I can do is screenshoot the false picture and the notification for the action.
Not sure on square issue.
Only happens on live realms, not on Beta. Does not matter if EN or US, always on live, never on Beta. So between that, and what my techie guy has to say about the 'clear cache' solution, I consider cache not relevant.
I cannot report anything until after a cache clear. Thanks for the additional info though.

OIM20

@helya, I have a video of the phenomenon @Lelanya mentioned, but for some reason, even though it's fine on my PC, it looks like absolute crud whenever I upload it to DailyMotion. Below are stills from the video, so hopefully they help.
NH icon change-DTS.jpg <- server in URL, date/time stamp in lower right. Just for reference, since y'all need that stuff.
Maline-starter icon.jpg
<- The icon before mouse over
Maline-after mouse-over.jpg
<- The icon after mouse over, where it tells you who helped
Maline-notifications list.jpg <- My notifications list so you can see what Maline's current chosen icon is (the second one).
The only thing is, I'm pretty sure both of these are starter icons. But it still demonstrates the change @Lelanya mentioned, I think.

And, yes, they are square. :) (And why are thumbnail images opening in new tabs now? I thought I'd lost my whole drafted reply making sure everything was visible in the images.) Nevermind. Only did that in draft mode.

Lelanya

They are square, yep yep. I have some screenshots on my PC. Today, someone has a sense a humor, the red haired human girl always seems to be represented by the pleasant elven guy.

Also, it's not just starter pics; I got Needles archer, I've seen chapter specific faces for S&D the other day, and late game chapters as well, on the weekend.

Gotta tell ya, I have no fellows wearing the starter faces that I described above.

OIM20

@helya - you're welcome? (Happy to help with evidence, but I know finding yet another thing to add to your ever-growing list might not be something you're actually thankful for. *passes over more yummy goodness and a non-alcoholic beverage if it's still work hours - the libation of your choice if it isn't. ;) )

Not limited to Elcysandir, either. I accidentally moused-over in Sinya Arda before I screened, but I got Harandar. The neighbor in question has a profile icon from Fairies, but the one the game showed before mouse-over is a starter icon, like Lelanya referenced.
Liz246-starter icon.jpg Liz246-after mouse-over.jpg Liz246-notifications list.jpg
And a second example from Elcysandir:
Sabrina Cat-starter icon.jpg Sabrina Cat-after mouse-over.jpg Sabrina Cat-notifications list.jpg
If I can catch one in Sinya before I mouse over the screen trying to get to the mail button, I'll update the thread.
___________________________________________________​
@Lelanya - I think crossover between the races is even more of an issue than what I'm seeing with the various elf images being alternated. From what I can see on ElvenStats at a glance, your cities are all human except the one on EN1? All of my neighbors whose icons have shown this issue are elves. Does the crossover you mentioned include special images, like AW or event-won icons?

Because if it's an elf city showing a human starter image (or vice versa) that causes me greater concern than a read error that might be (possibly) related to a previous profile image associated with the account. Even if it was just the icon assigned at account creation, I can understand the system having an elf-to-elf read error like that. It's a glitch and needs fixed if that's what it's doing, but it's at least more comprehensible to me than an elf-to-human or a human-to-elf profile read error, because unless those are special images, one race can't choose the other race's icons as I understand it.

Lelanya

Screenshot (1712)_LI.jpg
Screenshot (1713)_LI.jpg
I have a Needles one, and one cross race, and these are from human cities on this server, Winyandor and Harandar. I have seen this in my elven cities, but all of those are on the EN server. This is why I discount cache, I don't know anyone currently sporting the handsome elven face.

OIM20

@helya, I have noticed that since the update, the faces in the neighborly help bubbles on the buildings are matching the faces currently chosen by the users giving the help. :) Granted, it's only been about 24 hours, so I will continue keeping track.

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
It wasn't listed as patched, but it's possible that they thought it was a small thing not worth including.