• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Got blueprints? We do! Stabby Horse is Seeking Members to share in them.

LutherTheHairy

Stabby Horse...Kickin' A** and takin' names!

Screen Shot 2021-05-23 at 8.49.31 AM.png

We are mostly chapter III to VIII cities. We welcome all including 1s and 2s with lots of questions answered and tips, and all the goods you need to grow. (It is easy for a chap VII or VIII city to fill uneven trades for a smaller buddy). We also have some fun in chat.

Tournaments are going well, 10 chests out of the last 5 tournaments (and 8s and 9s for a long time prior to that.) That is5 royal restoration tiles each week and a blueprint towards upgrading your favorite event building or magic workshop/residence.

We would like cities that are biased toward Tier one goods production, but this is not essential. We could use planks and silk ant the moment.

See below for tournaments requirements. We want somewhat active players.

For spire we would like to teach you how to go higher at low cost in troops and negotiations goods.

---------------
"Just trying to help out.”

Come join us! Seeking active tournament players and.or planks or silk producers!

Spire: We find our way into 6-7 of the fellowship awards in Spire (into High Halls) for participants with our casual play. We hit copper always and would like to hit silver and get those bonus 75 diamonds, so if you can get to the end of the Gateway, that is a plus! We can teach you how.

Tournaments: We regularly score 10 chests in tournament (blueprints!), though a slip to 9 is not impossible. We are seeking active tournament players to help defray costs for the fellowship. Active = score 1600 points if you have 6 or more provinces you can open. If you have a new city and don’t have 6 provinces yet, that is fine as long as you generally do most of the rounds.

***We will help all players with tournament catering via uneven trades as this is cheaper for the fellowship than n a few of us taking on high numbered provinces for more points*** We can also coach you in troop selection and manual fighting.

Everyone has off weeks where maybe they can’t be online enough to score well. *** If you participate at all we do ask you score at least 120 pts.*** That is just 4 provinces first round and is pretty easy.

Trading: We don’t have restrictive trading rules. We encourage offering and taking even trades for internal members (Trying to help out, right?) but this is not a rule! If you need something, post the trade and ask in chat, and it generally gets filled within a few hours. We love to help early chapter cities (2-3) by granting their uneven trades as they need them. Cross tier trades are fine too.

Chat is active, and lots of advice as you learn and grow. Some players are on a lot. We see little drama.

We may kick people out if they are inactive for at least a month and did not warn us (e.g. “hey, work is getting busy”).

---------

Join us! Reply here or send me, Lilleana, BrinDarby, Glynni, Fairy Angelica, or Archmage Void81 a message in the game if you have questions.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-10-10 at 5.01.29 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-10-10 at 5.01.29 PM.png
    264 KB · Views: 133
  • Screen Shot 2020-12-13 at 3.56.40 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-12-13 at 3.56.40 PM.png
    472 KB · Views: 120
  • Screen Shot 2020-12-13 at 3.45.42 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-12-13 at 3.45.42 PM.png
    166.4 KB · Views: 124
  • Screen Shot 2021-04-04 at 3.18.51 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-04-04 at 3.18.51 PM.png
    307.7 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:

LutherTheHairy

Updating....we got semi-organized (we were learning as we went!) and did REALLY well in the fellowship adventure for our "weight" (measured by total ranking points of the fellowship members). We placed 211 out of 1427 fellowships. Meanwhile our world ranking is 1177 and most fellowships near us in the FA rank in the top 500. chairman looks like an outstanding group too. Scrolling up and down, a screen or two, no one else did so well with such a low world ranking. So we are a good bunch.

We have had some membership shifts and here is where we currently stand. We could use planks and marble still, (planks is deceptively high as we have two members there who have been inactive for a couple weeks ) .

1598724771163.png

Screen Shot 2020-08-29 at 11.20.36 AM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-08-28 at 7.03.45 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-08-28 at 7.03.45 PM.png
    69.1 KB · Views: 73

Henroo

Oh Wise One
@LutherTheHairy A few months ago, I would have been interested in a merger. However my Khel FS has prospered in recent months and now has 24 members. So we are now too big for you to merge into us. But I do have a suggestion which might help with your trading issues. From the graphics you are posting, it looks like your FS is heavy is steel production. Do any of your members have a good neighborhood where they have good, available trading partners outside of the fellowship? If so, they could trade large amounts of steel to their neighbors in exchange for the marble and planks your FS needs. They then trade the planks and marble they just got from neighbors to FS members for steel. Then repeat the process...

I am marble boosted, but there was a time when my FS was critically short of steel producers. For 2 or 3 months, I met the steel needs of my FS by trading massive amounts of marble for steel with my neighbors (I had 2 large steel boosted neighbors who took my trades) and then meeting all the trade requests from the FS for steel. Fortunately, we now have some more steel players and I no longer have to do so. But all it takes is having a few good neighbors with the right boosts.

Last edited:

LutherTheHairy

Do any of your members have a good neighborhood where they have good, available trading partners outside of the fellowship?

Ah... yes... that is a good idea. Thank you.

I have 4 marble cities in my discovered area. How do I trade with them in particular? I know my trades will show up higher on their list since there won't be the trader fee, but is there something else we can do to trade with neighbors specifically?

Two cities are far more advanced ( Orcs in looks like but one might be transitioning to or from that chapter..not sure how to tell) and two look like chapter 1 (I am chapter III. Most of us are 2-3 maybe some have hit IV).

Any ideas are welcome. Thank you!

Last edited:

Henroo

Oh Wise One
@LutherTheHairy You can't tell from just looking at a city on the map if it is active or not. What I would suggest is to tell your members to pay attention to their traders. If they see a person in their trader who is offering planks or marble for trade without fee, then it means that player is likely boosted in that good and is inside their free trading radius. They should jump on those trades and perhaps send that player a brief, friendly message indicating that they would be interested in future trades. The really big players tend to post big trades of 10K or more. If one of your players has such a neighbor it might take a concerted effort to to get them the goods to accept a single large trade. But if you can do so, a few large trades such as this could meet many of the needs for a smaller FS.

LutherTheHairy

If one of your players has such a neighbor it might take a concerted effort to to get them the goods to accept a single large trade.

That is a good idea. We could do lopsided trades within the fellowship so one person builds up a big supply to execute the large trade and then distributes the new material through reverse lopsided trades.

I can see the value in sending friendly messages to people in our neighbor radius, but don't all the trades still show up in the master list so how do we trade specifically with that person unless we coordinate timing? Is there a way to send a trade offer specifically to them?

Related question...Does province difficulty change with radius, or number of provinces scouted? There are a couple of regular traders in big cities just outside of my neighbor radius. Is it possible to scout a lane of provinces to touch these cities, or do I have to pretty much stick with the radial approach?

Henroo

Oh Wise One
I can see the value in sending friendly messages to people in our neighbor radius, but don't all the trades still show up in the master list so how do we trade specifically with that person unless we coordinate timing? Is there a way to send a trade offer specifically to them?

Related question...Does province difficulty change with radius, or number of provinces scouted? There are a couple of regular traders in big cities just outside of my neighbor radius. Is it possible to scout a lane of provinces to touch these cities, or do I have to pretty much stick with the radial approach?
No, there is no way to earmark a trade for a specific person. But: if a member posts a trade intended for 1 neighbor and it gets accepted by somebody else, it really does not matter who takes it. The trade was accepted. What really matters is having good neighbors who are willing to take your trades. If you have 2 or more such creatures, it really does not matter which of them takes your trades.

And yes, province difficulty does increase on both accounts. Every province you scout makes the next one slightly more expensive. And the difficulty of map provinces is based entirely on how much it cost to scout the province. And the further away from your city you get, the more a province costs to scout. Which once again will increase difficulty.

LutherTheHairy

Darn. I would LOVE to get some of these higher chapter cities into my trading zone . I could hit the thousands of units they want...but it is hard to stomach that 50% fee when the trades are so large.

Kekune

Darn. I would LOVE to get some of these higher chapter cities into my trading zone . I could hit the thousands of units they want...but it is hard to stomach that 50% fee when the trades are so large.
If they're big enough, you might be in their zone. A bigger city will have discovered more territory, so they might be able to take your trades without a fee. Try posting them just to see. Try writing to the bigger city to see if they're friendly, and maybe they'd start looking out for you. Big cities may simply not see your small trades unless they're actively looking for them.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
I have looked at your fellowship list and I have looked at my world map. Sorry, I don't see any of you in my trading range. If I did, I would have tried to help you out.

Iyapo1

Something you might try to get the attention of big traders:
Put up the biggest trade you can and let it sit for as long as you can.

It is like an advertisement. Big traders might just pay the price to discover you if they see it and need it.

LutherTheHairy

It is like an advertisement. Big traders might just pay the price to discover you if they see it and need it.

Thanks. I did put up and close on some of a few thousand (3000 steel for 2500 wood, and 3000 steel for 2300 marble and 1250 steel for 1000 wood) but I have not cracked 10k yet. Will this help me attract them in the future for smaller trades do you think?

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
In looking at your fs in elvenstats.com, I'm impressed by the level of active players. Usually in "lower" ranked small fellowships you have a bunch of inactives and a modest amount of active players. You have very few, according to elvenstats.com, inactives and that's great. If you haven't visited elvenstats.com you should. You can get all kinds of information about other fellowships and players from it. Of course, the usual caveat is that sometimes things are up to date and some of the calculations are more educated guesses than anything, but it's a great "base line" to start with, especially if you are trying to find players/mergers.

AJ

LutherTheHairy

Thanks @ajqtrz for the tip.

I have been using elvenstats. Someone here, maybe a recent member, got me interested in it. I have noticed some aspects of it are hard to interpre (and some of it flat out wrong).

Yes, we have a couple of flatlines, however, until we need space for new members, I figure keep them on board in the event they come back . We had one person who had not played at all in 3 weeks show up a bit. We will see if they remain...

BrinDarby

We have a couple openings, Silk :silk: boosted a ++
Seeking active players any size .... Spire junkies welcome.
Very few rules, mainly a just a desire to play.