• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Stand alone game client?

Risen Malchiah

So I've played the game in Chrome, IE, Opera, Firefox and Waterfox and in both Flash and HTML versions. On my older PC, the game seems to run better in some browsers, worse in others, but overall performs far better with Flash. The HTML version is still just too glitchy, but of course the Flash version is being phased out (and the browsers force us to "enable" it every single time we load the game.)

I've been wondering if there was ever talk of Elvenar being made available in a stand-alone game client outside a browser? Yes, I know it's a browser-game at heart, but if I could have a dedicated game that's separate from the browser, it might run more efficiently (and have less browser-related issues). Does anyone know if this was something that was ever brought up before?

DeletedUser2959

I wouldn't expect it. Browsers do the heavy lifting of compatibility and graphics susbsystem communication. They'd have to license a platform or create their own, then build the game on top of it. That's a pretty hefty investment and I don't think they'd be able to monetize it very well.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
So I've played the game in Chrome, IE, Opera, Firefox and Waterfox and in both Flash and HTML versions. On my older PC, the game seems to run better in some browsers, worse in others, but overall performs far better with Flash. The HTML version is still just too glitchy, but of course the Flash version is being phased out (and the browsers force us to "enable" it every single time we load the game.)

I've been wondering if there was ever talk of Elvenar being made available in a stand-alone game client outside a browser? Yes, I know it's a browser-game at heart, but if I could have a dedicated game that's separate from the browser, it might run more efficiently (and have less browser-related issues). Does anyone know if this was something that was ever brought up before?

I am pretty sure that the devs would just point you to the android or ios app of the game as what you want, even if it is not.

Risen Malchiah

Haha thanks Hurtball. :p Buying a new laptop isn't quite what I had in mind.

Well, I figured it didn't hurt to ask. I thought maybe the devs would already have an in-house game client and perhaps it could be made into a playable version for the public. If one were to exist, it would let us escape the glitchy HTML version which will soon be the only one available.

qaccy

I haven't really experienced too many issues with the HTML version. Of course it's not perfect, but neither is the Flash version and things are always continually being worked on. I will say though that some issues may be specific to the game, which usually get fixed (sometimes it takes a while), while some may be due to issues with the device the game's being played on and those are a lot harder if not impossible to correct unless Inno's able to reproduce it somehow on their end.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
How is this for html5 issues. My girlfriend and I each have one city. We play on the same computer, same internet connection, same browser, but different US servers. She sees a lot more of the glitches than I ever do. Html5 runs almost perfect for me, but not her. So it seems some of the issues may also be server-specific in the interaction with html5.

Risen Malchiah

Yeah, that is odd. I was going to ask if you're using the same browser, but realized you said that already. (Though if you each used different browsers, it would save time signing in.)

For me, the HTML version is very sluggish and has a lot of flickering as I scroll around and click things. Sometimes flashes of text and other graphics will appear on top of the city, but they're very brief so I've never gotten a screenshot of it. Also, when I manually log out of the game in Chrome after playing a while, the browser locks up. I have none of those issues with Flash (though Firefox will sometimes fail to load my entire city and requires a refresh, but after that, the game runs perfectly for hours).

DeletedUser20951

Thank you. I worry, with the naysayers around, that most issues will not be addressed. Even though they should be.