• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Stand Alone Races

Gath Of Baal

Hello Elvenar Forums. I have been wondering why Dwarves, Faries and the new Orcs and Goblins cannot be stand alone playable races instead of additions to the existing Elves and Humans?
I understand that to keep people interested in the game they keep adding new content to the existing races so that you can keep progressing your cities, but other things can be added more geared towards that specific race and not make people have to pick looks of their cities over game progression..
I play humans because I like the old world look of the buildings... I play elves because I like the whole nature look to the buildings... Having to change everything to progress in the game really gets away from why I picked to play them.
Instead of adding Dwarves, Faries and orcs to the races. For humans add things like Chivalry, Technology, Alchemy knowledge trees in order to keep the look and keep improving upon the existing stuff you already have. For elves add stuff like Herbalism, Nature lore, Earth, water, air and fire magic knowledge trees or something to be able to progress your town and not loose the nature look of it.
I know in a few of the videos I watched about upcoming additions, I heard them say something to the sum of "orcs dwarves have been done hundreds of times in other games" Yes that might be so, but to my game play knowledge this is the first time they will have been done in a fantasy city builder game that does not revolve around pvp... So go for it.
"adding new races means having to add new worlds so people can play those races".. no just add a feature that allows us to delete a city on an existing world.. If you are like me I have all 5 worlds full but some of my cities are really underdeveloped so I could stand to loose 1 or 2 to start a new race. And by doing it this way you are sure to have an even spread of new races to the existing worlds
Why do we have to play a "Good" race? lol.. I would love to build a undead city that every building is made up of bone. And the units would be simple to balance Instead of barbarians/sword dancer you would have skeletal warriors same stats just different name and graphics.. Instead of archer/crossbowmen you would have skeletal archers again same stats.... Instead of Dogs /treants you would have something like undead bear or werewolf that you could balance between speed and strength to fall in the middle somewhere from the dogs and treants.... Instead of golems/paladins you could go with a minotaur or Skeletal giant or something and Instead of sorceress/priest, you could go with vampire or necromancer with a unique spell like heal a unit or raise 1 skeleton or something..
My first time posting on this forum and sorry for the length of it, once I stated it just kept goin lol