• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Standardized Event Buildings(with tiers)

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Summary
Make the daily rewards from events more interchangeable by standardizing the benefits that they provide to your city.

Motive
Variety without penalty. I, and presumably others, often compare current offerings to my existing stash. It's really hard to replace an old 3x3 building that gives me 6,200 pop with a cool new one that gives 5,900 pop, or conversely, it's hard to hang onto an old one with lower stats despite using RR spells to keep the chapter current.

Update: Also, under the current system many players pick the "best" building by stats in an event and then simply use all of their currency on that day, ignoring the other ~30 days. I get that, because why would you pick a weaker prize if the odds of winning are the same?
So, key to this concept would be that "better" buildings are rare, and harder to get.

Details
The game already has rarity tiers such as Legendary, Epic, and Rare (as seen in the bottom left corner of some buildings in the summoning tab), so I propose that event buildings such as those offered as daily exclusives be normalized within each tier.

E.G. a Winter Star & Goblin Gift would both be Legendary Tier and each would give the same population & culture per square.

This of course raises the question of "why would anyone want an Epic building then?" So, a secondary consideration is the actual rarity of event rewards (see possible downside #1 below)

Here's an example of the current rewards
Pop per square
689 Goblin gift shop
667 Father tree of candy canes
656 Winter star
658 Infirmary of white flame

625 Frostberry bar
600 igloo festival
589 winter pond habitat
567 red forest
511 ancient pond statue

Under the new system the
All 3 Legendary will be 680 pop/sq, 5% chance in event ches*t, 2 RR/sq to upgrade
All 3 Epics will be 650, pop/sq, 10% chance in event chest*, 1 RR/sq to upgrade
All 3 Rares will be 580 pop/sq, 20% chance in event chest*, 0.5 RR/sq to upgrade
*Clarification: Different days would have different prizes just like now- I'm not suggesting multiple buildings in one prize chest
All chapter 17 event daily prize buildings* that are 3x3 would be

Tier, pop/culture
Legendary 6,000/1,400 or 0/14,000
or
Epic 5,500/1,300 or 0/13,000
or
Rare 5,000/1,200 or 0/12000

When a Legendary daily exclusive event prize is offered, the chance to win is 5% in the "chest", but if an Epic is offered the chance that day is 10%, if it's a Rare prize the chance would be 20%

This way, in an event you could "expect" to win 16 Rare, or 8 Epic, or 4 Legendary prizes depending on which day(s) you spend your currency.

Possible downsides
1. Similar to the current situation some buildings would have much more desirable stats than others.
The only solution to this I've thought of is to actually increase the rarity of buildings with a higher "rarity" so that winning an Epic daily exclusive is [twice] as easy as winning a Legendary one. This could be accomplished either by giving 2 epics vs 1 legendary or tweaking the % chance in the "chest" each day based on the rarity tier.​
2. Stagnation: If players remain in the same chapter for too long they may feel that event rewards are pointless if they already have "enough" legendary buildings.
Again, increasing the rarity of the "best" buildings could offset this, and players could also solve it by progressing through the chapters.​
3. Reduced need for RR spells. If every event offers rewards with the same stats then instead of using RRs a player can wait just a month.
Simple fix: Not all tiers of all buildings need to be offered in all events, and the chance to win top-tier buildings can also be tweaked.​

Last edited:

Astram

Forum Moderator
Elvenar Team
Interesting Idea. Regarding the Downside #2 Since I know you were stopped in a chapter for a long time and others are or have been do you think that the game should recognize this fact or ignore it as it is not the intent of the game? I guess you can say its a penalty for stopping. Thereby making it a positive?

SoggyShorts

Since I know you were stopped in a chapter for a long time and others are or have been do you think that the game should recognize this fact or ignore it as it is not the intent of the game? I guess you can say its a penalty for stopping. Thereby making it a positive?
Great question.

If you're parked for over a year you could replace some buildings seasonally for a more thematic city, or work on replacing Epics with Legendaries. The stagnation issue that already exists for parked players shouldn't get worse with this idea at least. I think.

In general, I do not believe that the game should cater to players who choose not to progress. They need not be additionally penalized for parking, but rather incentivized to progress.

Last edited:

SoggyShorts

rarity.png
I dunno what mobile inventory looks like. I just heard there's a search feature which makes me red with envy (like green but :mad:)

Last edited:

BrinDarby

Another possible downside is loss of revenue due to
less upgrading with RRs, thus less diamons purchaces.
While its fun to collect "the best of the best" bldgs, as
Soggy and others do, to keep them CH relevant costs RRs.

Once you standardize them to x# of pop/culture/ect per tile,
you greatly reduce the need to upgrage bldgs with RRs.
Players will just replace thru future events.

SoggyShorts

Once you standardize them to x# of pop/culture/ect per tile,
you greatly reduce the need to upgrage bldgs with RRs.
How? I don't see it.

This proposal doesn't change the need for RR spells at all, RR's are still required to upgrade any building to the next chapter.
In fact, they could make it harder to have all top-tier buildings by increasing the RR cost on Legendaries...

Last edited:

BrinDarby

How? I don't see it.
ok, so if I understand you correctly..... you do Not want 2 ( or more )
different 3x3 bldgs ( pure culture as an example ) to have different
values of Culture ?? You would want any 3x3 pure culture bldg to be
standardized to an equal amount of Culture, Yes ????

SoggyShorts

You would want any 3x3 pure culture bldg to be
standardized to an equal amount of Culture, Yes ?
Not quite all the same, there would be tiers(levels)
For example:
All chapter 17 event daily prize buildings* that are 3x3 would be

Tier, pop/culture
Legendary 6,000/1,400 or 0/14,000
or
Epic 5,500/1,300 or 0/13,000
or
Rare 5,000/1,200 or 0/12000

When a Legendary daily exclusive event prize is offered, the chance to win is 5% in the "chest", but if an Epic is offered the chance that day is 10%, if it's a Rare prize the chance would be 20%

This way, in an event you could "expect" to win 16 Rare, or 8 Epic, or 4 Legendary prizes depending on which day(s) you spend your currency.

As for RR, nothing would change. When you move up a chapter your buildings still need 3x3 = 9 RR to go to the next chapter--- unless it is decided that Legendary buildings should cost more, like 3x3x2 = 18 RR**

*Buildings that give something other than pop&culture are not part of this idea proposal at all.
**Note all numbers are for illustrative purposes only, using round, easy numbers rather than balanced ones.

Last edited:

SoggyShorts

How is this different than simply eliminating 2/3rds of the rewards by making them all alike?
Currently, all rewards except 1 are effectively eliminated by being inferior.
This proposal changes that in 3 ways:

1: An entire selection of different buildings would be "the best" and they would still have unique art and be offered during different events.
2. I also believe that the odds of winning a prize should vary per tier so that I couldn't win 20 Legendary GGS as I have thereby making all subsequent prizes worthless for the past 2 years.
3. Lower-tier buildings could be cheaper to upgrade using fewer RRs making them serve a purpose other than spell fragments.

Here's an example of the current rewards
Pop per square
689 Goblin gift shop
667 Father tree of candy canes
656 Winter star
658 Infirmary of white flame

625 Frostberry bar
600 igloo festival
589 winter pond habitat
567 red forest
511 ancient pond statue

Under the new system the
All 3 Legendary will be 680 pop/sq, 5% chance in event ches*t, 2 RR/sq to upgrade
All 3 Epics will be 650, pop/sq, 10% chance in event chest*, 1 RR/sq to upgrade
All 3 Rares will be 580 pop/sq, 20% chance in event chest*, 0.5 RR/sq to upgrade
*Clarification: Different days would have different prizes just like now- I'm not suggesting multiple buildings in one prize chest

So the goal is to make other prizes viable choices rather than eliminating them.

Last edited:

BrinDarby

*Buildings that give something other than pop&culture are not part of this idea proposal at all.
Not quite all the same, there would be tiers(levels)

So this is basically , standardization of only pop/culture event bldgs... :rolleyes:
Meaning ur cool with WitchesHut being 5x more usefull
than most other troops based bldgs.... does that make it
then "Legendary" with all the same caviots for Pop/Cul bldgs ??

The whole point of standardization would be across all types.....
not just pop/culture bldgs. Also, why in your example do you
weight population so much more important than culture ??
So its pop makes it Epic, not its culture ??? uhhhhhhhh o_O

You also wanna make it harder and even more based on the RNG,
( more ppl gonna get hosed ) just cause a few ppl such as yourself
just --use-- the system to get 20 of 1 item ???? uhhh, Noooooo :eek:

I was on board with some type of standardization, but if its not across
the board, or doesn't help All players equally, then I cannot support that.

SoggyShorts

So this is basically , standardization of only pop/culture event bldgs... :rolleyes:
Meaning ur cool with WitchesHut being 5x more usefull
than most other troops based bldgs....
Baby steps Brin, I can't rebalance every single event prize on my first attempt.

THIS proposal covers both pure culture and hybrids because they are simple, no roads, no productions, no stages. Just pop and/or culture per square.
Other buildings that produce goods and troops will be more difficult to balance and can be dealt with later.
Also, why in your example do you
weight population so much more important than culture ?
I think you missed the part where I showed pure culture in the legendary tier in my example.
brin1.png

That's a culture building, and it's legendary. For chapter 16 a 3x3 with 6,000 pop is top-tier, as is one with 14,000 culture.
I'm not valuing one over the other, they are each "the best" of their kind and therefore Legendary.

Also, please don't get caught up in the numbers, as I said:
"**Note all numbers are for illustrative purposes only, using round, easy numbers rather than balanced ones."
This proposal is only about the concept, the exact balance of how powerful any given tier should be can be determined if the idea gains any traction.
You also wanna make it harder and even more based on the RNG,
( more ppl gonna get hosed )
Not quite. Players will be free to grab a whole crapload of Rare buildings, or a bunch of Epic ones, or fewer legendary ones.
Choices will dictate outcomes far more than RNG.
I was on board with some type of standardization, but if its not across
the board, or doesn't help All players equally, then I cannot support that.
Again, balancing every single building in the entire game starts with one step, demanding a total overhaul of everything all in one shot or deeming it unsupportable is a little extreme.

Last edited:

The Fairy

Scroll-Keeper, Buddy Fan Club Member
I have played another game where in the beginning each event offered "buildings" with different stats, so you could always hope for something better, but maybe the next event would have worse "buildings". So you had to decide if you wanted to go with what you were offered in the current event and push to get it if you liked it.

Then at some point they started offering the same "buildings" in each event, with the same stats but with a different skin. That became boring :( You didn't have to consider what you wanted anymore, and no need to push to get it, because if you didn't get it this event you could just wait and get it the next event (unless you cared about the skin).

So sorry, but I don't think standardizing the buildings is a good idea.

SoggyShorts

Then at some point they started offering the same "buildings" in each event, with the same stats but with a different skin. That became boring :( You didn't have to consider what you wanted anymore, and no need to push to get it, because if you didn't get it this event you could just wait and get it the next event (unless you cared about the skin).

So sorry, but I don't think standardizing the buildings is a good idea.
How is the current system where there is one building better than all others offered better?
In my proposal at least a few buildings would have the same stats and be viable.

Current system
Different skins + different stats
= only 1 building is good, rest are worse

Proposed system
Different skins, same stats
=multiple buildings are good
AND
With different tiers (some easier to get many of, some more expensive to upgrade etc)
= ALL buildings have usefulness.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
I like hybrids that have variety. I really dislike the buildings that offer too much population because they are really hard to justify selling or storing. So I can see why Soggy wants variety in the skins he sees. But I really love buildings like Venar's Rocks 3, Cozy Farm, Crab Hotel, Scream of Halloween, for example, because they give lots of culture along with the population. I don't see those buildings in this proposal. I also think that Elvenar offers variety of this type in each event, and I enjoy this feature.