• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Starting a racing city!

Maeryn

I have hit chapter 5 and will open the spire Today!

Under the new tech tree it takes 21 days to open the Spire. I was only over scouted by 8 provinces going into chapter 5.

The early chapter over scouting difficulty has been eased with the new tech tree. New players can still dig a hole but it is not like it used to be. Even with FS goods help, the lack of coins and supplies will limit a players ability to over scout and clear province's. In my opinion the new tech tree is an overall win!
How much help did you get from your FS? And, how many kp were you buying a day? Did you need to buy diamonds?

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Under the new tech tree it takes 21 days to open the Spire.
But that is veteran Flower Goblin with racing stripe speed. A typical new player will take a lot longer than a month. However, this is a racing city thread so it is about how fast it can be done if you play heartily everyday.

How much help did you get from your FS? And, how many kp were you buying a day? Did you need to buy diamonds?
The options of assistance from big brother and sister ants or feeling every nook and cranny of a new fresh start were offered. The Flower Goblin chose pain diligence and self-sufficiency. I can confirm she did not receive a beginner's handout.

Iyapo

Personal Conductor
I purchased both new player offers, the 9.99 offer that comes with the builder (and enough diamonds to get 2 expansions) and the follow up 9.99 offer with the expansion in it(+2 magic houses an magic workshop and a handful of troop instants). This let me drop 3 extra expansions which is a massive boon. I offset that advantage by not accepting Fellowship help.

I purchased as much KP as I could afford. My current cost per KP is @ 70k coins, 680 T1, 540 T2, and 260 T3.

I agree with @crackie , a brand new player would take a little longer.
I have run at least 7 new cities through various game changes so I know what to build, when to upgrade, when to spell and how to root KP out of corners.
My second crafted item in the Magic Academy was the coldfire phoenix(+5 KP per scout) followed by pet food.

Iyapo

Personal Conductor
My city is not in great shape going that fast.

Upgrades are not done on my T1s, T3s, Workshops, Residences, or Main Hall. I also have 4 un-filled technologies in my research tree. I skipped 2 city expansion techs because I bought 3 expansion, and I skipped 2 Squad size increases because I am a Merch-ant.

I am in a gold spire, I will probably spend 100% of my expected diamond wins just to hit the top, and unless that baby starts giving me speedup timers, I might not have time to make it to the top this week at all. A city going a little slower would be in a better position to actually take on the spire.

Iyapo

Personal Conductor
@Alram
The Anthill™ is a gold spire, 14+ chest, FA loving, wonder flipping, snack chasing group. I try doing all of that on fumes and I am going to make oleic acid. Never a good thing among ants.

I have to catch up my tech and my up grades. The cauldron is right here, unfilled techs = less diplomas. So, not racing at the expense of my city. I need to fill the tanks.

Last edited:

Tuschunreal

looked up how to fuel ants...but found out someone wants to use ants to fuel autos....https://www.greencarcongress.com/2014/01/20140102-ants.html

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
The Anthill™ is a gold spire, 14+ chest, FA loving, wonder flipping, snack chasing group. I try doing all of that on fumes and I am going to make oleic acid. Never a good thing among ants.
Well, I know for a fact that they're not all FA loving. Some have been known to timely flee the country when FA arrives. And the Queen has us focused on collecting snacks or else we'd get sidetracked Scooby Dooing hard truths, like who is Shannon Egan?

The Anthill has the corner of the Forum Market now, 10+ frequent Forum posters are in that FS.
The Anthill™ has the corner on terrible cooks too. That's why we have to hoard snacks or someone has to cook, which will inevitably smoke out the colony or sicken everyone.

Silly Bubbles

You cant pop them all
Racing city definitely needs to focus just on research and space. Everything else is secondary. It took me a nearly a year to start getting to the top of the Spire every week. Tournament suffered for a very long time and started improving after a year and half. But it's definitely doable to finish 20 chapters in two and half years.

Iyapo

Personal Conductor
My CH5 racing city
You started a racing city? Details?

My baby is almost in chapter 6, I will post an update on it in a few days. I had to slow my KP gain down in order to stabalize gold spire ability, but I think I have it kicked. I spent money though, so a ftp player would have additional challenges(space).

BrinDarby

You started a racing city?
I did, then you stopped before you started again,
and I got mix'd up in a Tift with the AM, last FA.
I had paused once hitt'n CH5, but after that ....
debaucle, I lost interest and am using it as a test
city, for a perm FA city perhaps, iono..... its in Sinya.

( edit - "paused" only to catch city up to CH )

Iyapo

Personal Conductor
I have been playing this city for 37 days and I just opened Chapter 6!(17 days in chapter 5)

My city is in good shape because I slowed down my KP gain during chapter 5 to focus on getting my production high enough to gold spire.
I finished the chapter with 101/100 cleared provinces because I could not afford to clear more and gold spire
My highest relic boost is 412% and my tournament performance is going to be inconsistent until I get my boosts up to 700%.
My Golden Abyss is at level 10 and holding because I can't afford the next upgrade yet.

lol...

Moving on now...

Iyapo

Personal Conductor
I wanted a more rounded idea of exactly how long it takes to get a new city(with the new tech tree) to the spire.
My first city on Ceravyn took 21 days, I spent money but accepted no help from my fellowship(more info on that city above, it is still in dwarves so no update on it yet)

My second city on Fely took 18 days, I spent no money but accepted approx 1m goods from my fellowship(special thank you to @Alram for helping me with this experiment). Upon reaching the Spire I still had around 300k goods which will allow me to actually climb the spire instead of just look at it. This city does not have the manufacturing capabilites to sustain Spire as is, but it will take less than a week to make it self sufficient. It is a diamond mine and will not progress further.

My third city on Sinya(also a diamond mine that will not go past chapter 5), did not get any help and did not spend any money. It hit chapter 4 at 16 days and I will give an update on it as soon as it reaches the spire.