• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Starting a racing city!

Iyapo1

I would move on. Example: I am at a chapter 2 declinable(not a recyclable) that will pay me 1200 marble for upgrading 2 manufactories...the darling little buildings only make 25 marble in 9 hours, so this quest pays out well!

How did you keep your generic chapter 1 quest cycle? By not advancing the story quests beyond the Advanced Scout mission?

Zoof

I would move on. Example: I am at a chapter 2 declinable(not a recyclable) that will pay me 1200 marble for upgrading 2 manufactories...the darling little buildings only make 25 marble in 9 hours, so this quest pays out well!

How did you keep your generic chapter 1 quest cycle? By not advancing the story quests beyond the Advanced Scout mission?
Ah, not exactly? The final story quest that transitions the chapter 1 quest cycle is the MA quest that asks you to use a PoP spell. At least that was what Gems of Knowledge said when I looked that one up. So yeah, I'm pretty much locked out of boosting my workshops 'till I get tired of forever clicking to cycle

Iyapo1

Zoof...there are diamonds in those quests. You are in chapter 4 so...300 diamonds. I mean you didnt lose them but you locked them away from you!

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
You would be welcome in Starship Valiant- We aren't gold Spire but we are silver and 10+. We have room and I'd make a special effort to help/allow you to stay even if you don't meet the minimums. Don't know your in game name and can't find you in the search, so let me know if you are interested.

AJ

Iyapo1

Compared to chapter 1...chapter 2 is like hitting a wall, it is kind of funny. Massive slowdown once you have cleared your first 13 provinces.

I must confess that I have spent a few diamonds. So far I got the extra builder(I dont have speedups yet and I can not race with two builders), upgraded my Magic Academy(the quest taking 16 hours for a PoP spell was a crime against the racing world). I also dropped three premium expansions because I cant overscout yet and I was out of room..... :)

Then I needed 180 marble to upgrade my manufactories...and I only had enough marble to upgrade 3!!!! A kind hearted FS member passed me 10k of each T1 to help me run faster!

So now I am cycling the quests as abusively as possible and trying to slide into chapter 3 asap!

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
You haven’t answered the tourney requirement yet. That would affect how fast you can run too, no?

Iyapo1

Thank you for the offer Aj! I made rash promises and Derp took me in...now I just need to get my bitty to the Spire asap...I need speedup timers!

Also thx for the reminder about my name...anyone who wants to look me up and offer up speed-racer ideas my name is
iyapo1 there is no L in iyapo1 the font is just funky.
and this racer is on Khel.

Iyapo1

@crackie This is a new city, i cant start overscouting until chapter 4 ish so my tournament average will stay pretty low(right now I have 1 tent!) until chapter 5 or 6, even then it will not be extreme. I would say probably no more than a 2-3k average once I start rolling, maybe more or less, by chapter 6 it will depend on how my speedup timers are holding up for pushing guest race goods. I am only going to tournament as i can for the KP so...unknown and flexible but not a huge priority.

Zoof

Compared to chapter 1...chapter 2 is like hitting a wall, it is kind of funny. Massive slowdown once you have cleared your first 13 provinces.

I must confess that I have spent a few diamonds. So far I got the extra builder(I dont have speedups yet and I can not race with two builders), upgraded my Magic Academy(the quest taking 16 hours for a PoP spell was a crime against the racing world). I also dropped three premium expansions because I cant overscout yet and I was out of room..... :)

Then I needed 180 marble to upgrade my manufactories...and I only had enough marble to upgrade 3!!!! A kind hearted FS member passed me 10k of each T1 to help me run faster!

So now I am cycling the quests as abusively as possible and trying to slide into chapter 3 asap!
1. Gonna have to agree with you there. The KP requirement from chapter 1 to chapter 2 stops being one of those teeny kiddie inflatable pools and starts being one of those real pools manned by real lifeguards. Granted, it's still the shallows, but you can see the terrifying abyss just a few steps... thataway

2. A confession of sorts about my city too, which I mentioned in another thread. Taking the stockpile of diamonds from my fairly well-established chapter 8 city and applying it to my baby city was a bit of a boon. I did not get the extra builder (though perhaps I should?) but I instead maxed out Magic Academy the same day it became available to me. Ohhhh my poor relics... I also pushed one or maybe two premium expansions for the same reason you did.

3. Good fellowships are awesome! They helped me too, though at the time it was for the purpose of punching Spire in the nether regions. I may... uh. have misappropriated some of those resources...

4. Yay quest abuse! Free gold and supplies for doing the things you were already going to do anyway, then minimaxing it all :)

idk if you've answered this already in the thread, but are you going all out with the current event? I'm trying my best with it but am saving the event tokens for a more opportune time. I can only imagine the amount of KP I'll get on the side when I see a daily prize that I really want. Might even be able to earn enough to skip past much of chapter 4

Iyapo1

I am not going all out in the event. I am taking the quests as they come(because I have no speedup timers!) and picking up currency. I lucked out and won some supplies and coin rains already in chests. I have not claimed any of the grand prizes because I am really hoping I will hit chapter 3 before it ends. Right now I am sitting on my currency waiting for a pure culture building as a daily. No matter what it is, it will be better than this chapter 1 flying boat!

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
There are no real pure culture buildings as daily prizes in this event. The only pure culture prize, the Rod of Asclepius, is just a little 1x1 building that you win two of at a time. It was on day 4 and will be the daily again on day 13, or Saturday night. You might be better off just waiting until the final day and trying to win a bunch of the building that gives tier 1 boosted+1 goods. Then you could get something helpful for researching and upgrading faster and for trading.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
@Iyapo1 I took a look. I'm wondering if you have too few worshops and too many armories. I don't recommend any fighting (unless it's required) until after chapter 5. If you have 3 armories and 10 workshops I think it would be a better balance. My chapter 8 city in beta went through the first 5 chapters pretty quickly using 10 workshops, 22 residences, 3 armories, and the Golden Abyss. I also kept my roads up to date to cut down on the culture needed. You layout looks great and I like having as many T1 boosted as you can at first. Are you planning on keeping them once the T2 and T2 show up or replacing them with those? I find 6 T1 have turned out more than enough marble for me even when I cater everything. At least from chapter 5 onward I've never been short of goods. I'll keep watching, and cheering!

AJ

Iyapo1

I am rolling quests like mad which means I have way too many workshops(I have 8 atm)! When I get the T2s researched I will be getting rid of all my Armories and at least 3 Workshops.. Gold spire is pretty expensive so I am going to pack in as many manufactories as I can. I have 8 marble at the moment and will add more as I can.

Iyapo1

So... having this city is making me re-evaluate my hoarding habits!!

I am looking at things differently...like the events!
I love the 1x1s in the next event...I want hundreds! For the nook and cranny culture alone!...And then...ALL STOP...my racing city does not need 100s of little 1×1 culture buildings, my racing city needs KP, rains, and speedup timers.

This is leading me down a very different playstyle path.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
So... having this city is making me re-evaluate my hoarding habits!!

I am looking at things differently...like the events!
I love the 1x1s in the next event...I want hundreds! For the nook and cranny culture alone!...And then...ALL STOP...my racing city does not need 100s of little 1×1 culture buildings, my racing city needs KP, rains, and speedup timers.

This is leading me down a very different playstyle path.
I much prefer the Rainbow Flower Cage as a 1x1 building to the straight culture 1x1s. RFC is giving both population and culture. Also RFC is very good on a square for square basis and tends to outperform most of the larger pop/culture buildings. For example, the total output of 12 RFCs is usually going to be better than most of the 3x4 pop/culture buildings (assuming everything is the same level).

Iyapo1

@Henroo
I like rainbow flower cages. In this city I would craft one, if I saw it! Sadly it is going to take me months to clear the sets and pets and evolving building currently clogging the MA rotation. Ah well, I will just build culture buildings(eww!)