• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Starting a racing city!

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Also, if I did, which world would you all recommend? I was thinking beta would be exciting but not sure yet. Right now I'm in US6 Sinya Arda.
Yavimaya, beta is nice to get previews of events, but I gave up my city there because of a number of reasons. I didn't find the fellowship I wanted (probably because of my own laziness in searching for one.) I decided to revive an old ID that my son got for me that I was too busy to use back then (2016 or 17, I think). It was always meant to be mine, but when I didn't have time for it, he played that ID to chapter 4 before abandoning it, and I asked Elvenar to restore it to me maybe a year ago, since we couldn't remember the password and the email was bad too, lol. They restored it and were really nice about it.

I kind of stumbled onto a good fellowship with it. (Actually, Henroo invited me there, so that was the no-work way of finding a good fellowship, lol.) I think if you are really serious about a second city, you can find a good fellowship on any world, beta included. One thing I learned, playing solo is really, really hard when you're just starting out.

Yavimaya

Scroll-Keeper
Yavimaya, beta is nice to get previews of events, but I gave up my city there because of a number of reasons. I didn't find the fellowship I wanted (probably because of my own laziness in searching for one.) I decided to revive an old ID that my son got for me that I was too busy to use back then (2016 or 17, I think). It was always meant to be mine, but when I didn't have time for it, he played that ID to chapter 4 before abandoning it, and I asked Elvenar to restore it to me maybe a year ago, since we couldn't remember the password and the email was bad too, lol. They restored it and were really nice about it.

I kind of stumbled onto a good fellowship with it. (Actually, Henroo invited me there, so that was the no-work way of finding a good fellowship, lol.) I think if you are really serious about a second city, you can find a good fellowship on any world, beta included. One thing I learned, playing solo is really, really hard when you're just starting out.
Ty for the advice!

CrazyWizard

Oh Wise One
Don't think that's a bug. They're testing changes to chap 1-5 right now for new cities. It's live on EN, although they're calling the changes "minor differences". I would like a minor difference in the amount of Pet Food I have too.
yeah it's not minor, on the other hand it is.
They slashed the KP requirment for the first 5 chapters by a lot, more than 50%.
So you'll get to those chapters faster than you can blink an eye.

Unfortunately the communication is ver poor, becasue the emphasis is on "minor" and not on how extreme they cut into the chapter requirments the only thing people see now is tournament en spire are delayed to chapter 4/5 WAAAAH! instead of the fact that pretty much unlock the spire as fast as you did before.

They are just streamlining and trying to improve new player retention. it can be somewhat slow, and overwhelming when you open the game for the first time. the game basics, crafting, tournament, spire it's a lot to take in.

So they decided to speed up the pace of the first 5 chapter a lot, and introduce each of the extra game mechanics 1 by 1 in an orderly fashion, by a proper research instead of " it's just there for no good reason" and what should i do?

You also prevent them from throwing there "starting recources like 100 HM/LM and LR in tournament/spire when they really need it on the world map to unlock provinces so they can build up resources. and not be stuck for weeks rebuilding that initial stock.

We have to remember that most players arent like us.

CrazyWizard

Oh Wise One
:eek: They're not???
nope most players do not read the forums, so not do there research. play less active, and do not get into a very supportive fellowship.
Your game experience is very dependeble on these factors. if you are lucky enough to get into an active fellowship with a good mentor your experience is so much differert then when you join an inactive fellowship. or a fellowship with similar new people.

Some people read, some are just lucky to get into the right fellowship at start the rest has a totally different experience.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
I have a lot of gum tree and mana plants. About 28 mana plants and 35 gum trees. They are 1x1 of course and the most powerful producers of gum and mana. But they offer one other advantage: they are flexible and allow me to shape my farm any way I want. It's like having a flexible border on one side of my city and enables me to shape things and use space a lot more efficiently. So 1x1 buildings not only produce more but add flexibility to your layout.

AJ
I agree. And I also have fairly large Moonstone sets from back when it was in the Spire. But that is no longer an option for new players. Now they must make their Moonstone set in the magic academy and are limited to 1 copy of each building.

Zoof

67 days in and my experimental cater-only city is getting close to being found lacking in provinces needed to unlock chapter 5.
A the moment, I'm running a 7 province tourney, 148 KP remaining on my tech tree until ch 5 Advanced Scouts needs 7 more provinces completed. I've bottomed out on goods at the moment and may need to start cross-tier trading something fierce. Mathing it all out... 7 provinces provides 56 KP. Tournament at this point will give off 8+8+8+5 = 29KP. That brings me down to 63KP required. Less the 2 carting libraries that I have, this gives me about 2.5 to 3 days to somehow come up with the goods needed to complete those provinces before I need to start putting KP someplace else (which goes against the whole "racing" thing).

What exciting times to be had! @Iyapo1 , how far have you gotten on your city?

Iyapo1

I am currently researching Ancient Wonders of the Tempest(the wonder tech) in chapter 3. I need 532 KP to get into chapter 4(includes advanced scout KP).
I am also 8 measly little steps away from gold spire this week.....loosing nails and taking it one step at a time between production runs. I have 6 tents this week but that is not universal as I do not have six of each province type cleared yet. I am at 46 of 50 cleared provinces and hanging back for the next event.

All in all, my baby city is rolling along and in 8 days it will be a month old

Iyapo1

Chapter 4! One month and 5 days.

I ended up overscouted by 6 provinces but I did not even scout into ring six until I opened my new chapter(which really helps with clearing costs). I waited till the spire started today to unlock the new chapter because my t3 production could not handle the spire. I need the extra time to get my chapter 4/ T3 upgrades researched an built.
I fed my coldfire phoenix and started power scouting ring six but again...I will not so much as dip my toe into ring seven until I hit chapter 5. So my tournament performance is going to be limited by my available tents.

I did not get all my chapter 3 upgrades done. I still have Main Hall, Workshop, and Residence upgrades to finish. I have T1 upgrades in chapter 4 and my eyes are all over @MaidenFair's manufactory charts(thank you for those, very helpful).

Iyapo1

Sadly, here ends the experiment.

I am taking a hiatus from the game. It was wonderful chatting with all of you but I have lost that loving feeling for the game. Take care all and best wishes.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan

I am taking a hiatus from the game. It was wonderful chatting with all of you but I have lost that loving feeling for the game. Take care all and best wishes.
Well that's not the Flower Goblin Epiphany we were expecting... :confused:
Can we refuse your resignation letter? Ok, fine...it's not always about what I want. We will miss you, Flower Goblin!

Yavimaya

Scroll-Keeper

I'm sorry to hear this but hope to see you in the future! Hopefully you will find a good game you enjoy for now! Please come visit us!

Zoof

Even though I didn't start the thread, I'd like to keep the spirit of it alive by reporting back on my experimental cater-only city (should I start my own thread for this?) As a note, I hadn't managed to get into the fellowship I'd started the city for (by no fault of theirs!) so my growth had been a little slow. Ish. Keeping up in maxing out tourney and getting a respectable height in Spire (first floor in lab, aiming to roll every week for both Magic Residence and Magic Workshop. So far obtained only one Magic Residence. I've been careful in not overscouting too far, and have been banking land expansions (11 in the wings!).

It has been 138 days since the day I established Rawrfwurfington in US3-Felyndral on Feb 27, 2022, and I had finished researching the Advanced Scouts tech at the start of chapter 7, establishing my foothold in the Fairies chapter proper.

To be honest, I hadn't been properly racing this city either. Leftover KP has been funneled into my only Ancient Wonder (Golden Abyss).

@Iyapo1 please come back for a visit; we miss you

Zoof

It has been 174 days since the establishment of Rawrfwurfington, First of Its Name, Present on Felyndral, Ensconced in the Fellowship Dedicated To The Fae, and Of No Particular Neighborly Help Preference. A presence has been firmly established in the Orcs chapter as of about 30 minutes ago. Aside from the slight detailed below, the cater-only philosophy of the city holds strong. It has thus far never completed a Tournament at less than 100% of its possible value, and is now fully completing every Spire. Things go well, and I may soon choose to open up the mystery that is contained in the stash of Portal Profit spells that I have collected since... uh. I'm not sure when. Either way. Orcs are stinky and I have a feeling that I don't want to deal with them any further than strictly necessary. Woodelves, as pompous as they may be, at least looks (and smells) better.

Is it cheating in a cater-only city to quick-clear 13 provinces in a single go (to advance to the next chapter) by mostly autofighting with troops summoned via instants? I've gathered up quite a lot of those. And speaking of troops, where the heck are they all shacking up at? There's no barracks or any other culture-hungry military thingies. Are they hiding out in the basements underneath every residence? Sleeping in hammocks in every manufactory and workshop? Littering the Main Hall with all their spare gear? Piling up excess slabs of metal near the gator pond behind the Hall? Truly a mystery for the ages.

quin629

. And speaking of troops, where the heck are they all shacking up at? There's no barracks or any other culture-hungry military thingies. Are they hiding out in the basements underneath every residence? Sleeping in hammocks in every manufactory and workshop? Littering the Main Hall with all their spare gear? Piling up excess slabs of metal near the gator pond behind the Hall? Truly a mystery for the ages.

Better keep your eyes open, Zoof. Quartering soldiers in private homes was one of the grievances of the American colonies that eventually led to the Revolutionary War. Enough so that the 3rd Amendment to the US Constitution banned the practice for the future. If you start to see unrest in the streets of your city, for pity's sake build a barracks just to get the soldiers out of those homes!

Iyapo

Personal Conductor
I have hit chapter 5 and will open the spire Today!

Under the new tech tree it takes 21 days to open the Spire. I was only over scouted by 8 provinces going into chapter 5.

The early chapter over scouting difficulty has been eased with the new tech tree. New players can still dig a hole but it is not like it used to be. Even with FS goods help, the lack of coins and supplies will limit a players ability to over scout and clear province's. In my opinion the new tech tree is an overall win!