• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Starting Sentient goods production

turfboss

How does one start sentient goods production - I am well into chapter 12 - and have upgraded my steel factories for level 24 - production says they should be producing sentient goods - and it looks like they are ready to but they are not - I am only getting regular goods production. My boosts for all regular goods is at 796% and the boost for the gum tree sentient good is at 700% but there is no output by the factory for the sentient goods - I have completed the tech for early elemental manifistations and the tech for canals - am working on the tech for the portal but I cannot activate any of these because they all require some sentient good that I do not have and cannot see how to get. I realize I am missing something but I cannot find anything in the Wiki and there is no search function here on the forum that I can find to see if someone has already asked this question.

Thanks for any directions -

turfboss

turfboss

sorry I did find the link to search so am doing that now - but unless I find something I will still need help

Pheryll

Set Designer
Planks manufactories produce the tree gum that you are boosted in. Your steel manufactories which have a boost to normal production do not have a boost to sentient production. That is why some early quests tell you to upgrade a plank manufactory.

turfboss

Thanks - and yes I think I understand that - the question is how do I get my steel factory to produce the sentient good (platinum) I need to activate the techs requiring platnium as one of the activation goods. BTW I have not received any quests in this chapter yet to do anything meaningful - the quests think I am still in Chapter 11 and are asking me to install buildings which I have already deleted when I left the last chapter.

Pheryll

Set Designer
The normal 1 day and 2 day options are replaced with 3 hour and 9 hour sentient options once a manufactory reaches level 24. If you are seeing the 1 and 2 day options still, then you are experiencing a bug.

turfboss

The normal 1 day and 2 day options are replaced with 3 hour and 9 hour sentient options once a manufactory reaches level 24. If you are seeing the 1 and 2 day options still, then you are experiencing a bug.
Thank you - that is what I was missing - I was just clicking on the normal 3 hour production till this evening when I was ready to set the 9 hour for overnight and saw your message - so OK now I underestand - DUH - how my steel factories produce sentient goods. Another input told me I really need to build a marble AND A planks factory to level 24 or above to produce the other needed sentient goods because I wont be able to produce enough Platinum with my 6 steel actories to trade efficiently in order to move forward at a reasonable rate because the sentinent goods produced in my steel factories is not boosted (the boost for the tree gum is in a planks factory) and so even though those are non-boosted regular factories in my city (for regular goods) it is where the boosted sentient good I need to trade with come from.

So if I understand "samidodamage" I need to build one ( or two?? or more?? - how many do you all suggest??) planks factories to obtain the tree gum outputs. Am I on the right track here?? I need the tree gum boosted factory (a planks facility??) but not the marble factory since I can trade for the outputs from that factory with my boosted tree gum outputs and I can also trade for added Platinum since that sentient good is not boosted in my steel factories -

Again thanks for the responses - they get me started on the right track

Pheryll

Set Designer
The major thing you want to do is to research and upgrade your trader. From there you can just produce your boosted sentient good and trade for the rest. So you want steel manufactories for your main boost, and probably just one plank manufactory for your sentient boost.

NightshadeCS

You are boosted in steel, scrolls, and dust. Your Sentient Tier 1 boost is in Tree Gum (made in a planks manufactory). You will want to build and upgrade 2 plank manus to level 24 so that you can produce tree gum and then trade for moonstone and platinum.

Sentient Goods.jpg

turfboss

Got it - thanks for the inputs -
You are boosted in steel, scrolls, and dust. Your Sentient Tier 1 boost is in Tree Gum (made in a planks manufactory). You will want to build and upgrade 2 plank manus to level 24 so that you can produce tree gum and then trade for moonstone and platinum.

View attachment 5738
Thank you NightshadeCS -- Yes - this is the original answer I was hoping for and I figured from other responses how to get started and I guessed that I would need two Planks factories to produce a needed about of Tree Gum (Pheryll had suggested one would be enough but other inputs suggested two) -- so I am well on the way to building two such factories and am currently working on upgrades to get to 24.

Thanks for the reply -

NightshadeCS

Got it - thanks for the inputs -

Thank you NightshadeCS -- Yes - this is the original answer I was hoping for and I figured from other responses how to get started and I guessed that I would need two Planks factories to produce a needed about of Tree Gum (Pheryll had suggested one would be enough but other inputs suggested two) -- so I am well on the way to building two such factories and am currently working on upgrades to get to 24.

Thanks for the reply -
Glad you were able to work that out! In reading the responses, it seemed a little hard to follow, so I wanted to condense some advice into a clear statement. It will be helpful to others, hopefully! :D:D:D:oops::oops: