• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Still more questions regarding the RR Spell

DeletedUser19346

I do finally see the RR spell in the Magic Academy. However, it required a blueprint to craft it. I was told the blueprint is only available when you reach the 10th chest. Our small fellowship is never going to reach the 10th chest. Is there another way to gain the RR spell? I have Magic residences and Workshops that I spent a lot of money on and I'm really upset that they are just sitting there taking up all that space and the benefit is negligible now. I had over 10 residences and 10 workshops. I have spent even more money trading two of them in for one of the higher level ones. because I needed the space. I've been waiting for this stupid spell to upgrade what I have left. There's a lot of money being lost here and I'm really upset about it.

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
I am sad to say that the RR spells (even though we can get them now in the tournaments) will not upgrade the magic buildings, they will only upgrade event buildings at this time. Blueprints and diamonds are still the only ways that we can upgrade magic buildings at the moment. The developers had said that the RR spells would upgrade magic buildings in place of blueprints, but then on beta they were only willing to let players that had blueprints trade them for 10 RR spells (this is the crafting recipe that you are seeing in the magic academy now) . This caused an uproar because using RR spells takes 1 RR spell for every space of the footprint of the building and players that have magic buildings bigger then 10 spaces would then have to use more then the required 1 blueprint to upgrade said building. So instead of making 10RR spells the max you would need to upgrade a magic building they decided to just leave blueprints as the only way other then diamonds to upgrade magic buildings! I think this was the wrong way to deal with the problem, but it is their game and they can do what they wish with it. I myself will not buy any magic building until there is another way to upgrade them than diamonds and blueprints as my FS can not reach the tenth chest. I will be advising all my FS members (and any players here on the forum) not to invest in them also until there is a more reasonable way to upgrade them!

Edit I still hold out hope that they will make a recipe to craft that will change 10 RR spells into blueprints, but If the cost in spell fragments and catalysts are as high as they are for exchanging blueprints for RR spells it will be hardly worth the cost to make them! IMO!

Last edited:

DeletedUser19346

I am sad to say that the RR spells (even though we can get them now in the tournaments) will not upgrade the magic buildings, they will only upgrade event buildings at this time. Blueprints and diamonds are still the only ways that we can upgrade magic buildings at the moment. The developers had said that the RR spells would upgrade magic buildings in place of blueprints, but then on beta they were only willing to let players that had blueprints trade them for 10 RR spells (this is the crafting recipe that you are seeing in the magic academy now) . This caused an uproar because using RR spells takes 1 RR spell for every space of the footprint of the building and players that have magic buildings bigger then 10 spaces would then have to use more then the required 1 blueprint to upgrade said building. So instead of making 10RR spells the max you would need to upgrade a magic building they decided to just leave blueprints as the only way other then diamonds to upgrade magic buildings! I think this was the wrong way to deal with the problem, but it is their game and they can do what they wish with it. I myself will not buy any magic building until there is another way to upgrade them than diamonds and blueprints as my FS can not reach the tenth chest. I will be advising all my FS members (and any players here on the forum) not to invest in them also until there is a more reasonable way to upgrade them!

Edit I still hold out hope that they will make a recipe to craft that will change 10 RR spells into blueprints, but If the cost in spell fragments and catalysts are as high as they are for exchanging blueprints for RR spells it will be hardly worth the cost to make them! IMO!

They should inform people that it's not likely they would be able to upgrade one. Or at least admit it's going to take a lot longer than it's worth. I really am angry about all the money I wasted on Diamonds to buy the stupid things. Wish someone had warned me!

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
While this was still being tested on Beta, the word coming out was that the Royal Restoration would only be for the event buildings and the Blueprint would only be for the magic buildings, with no mixing between the two.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
While this was still being tested on Beta, the word coming out was that the Royal Restoration would only be for the event buildings and the Blueprint would only be for the magic buildings, with no mixing between the two.
That's already changed, though, since you can turn Blueprints into RR via crafting.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
That's already changed, though, since you can turn Blueprints into RR via crafting.

But they are still being kept separate. Otherwise you could use one BP and 6 RR to upgrade a 16 square event building without having to wait for the crafting recipe. Or you could use RRs to upgrade a magic building, which you cannot.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
But they are still being kept separate. Otherwise you could use one BP and 6 RR to upgrade a 16 square event building without having to wait for the crafting recipe. Or you could use RRs to upgrade a magic building, which you cannot.
I'm just saying that the ability to craft one into another is already a form of "mixing between the two." Which means it's not unreasonable to hope for crafting in the other direction.

Matrickz

Ditch your small fellowship. 10 chests doesn't take that much.

Seriously???? That is your answer or solution??? The whole point of the game is fun and that includes playing the game with people you have known in game for months or years. Not changing for a chest loot. They just need to make it available in some other fashion like a random 5-10% chest award

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
The whole point of the game is fun and that includes playing the game with people you have known in game for months or years. Not changing for a chest loot. They just need to make it available in some other fashion like a random 5-10% chest award
To be more realistic, there are two viewpoints for the game, owners and players.

The owners viewpoint is that the whole point of the game is to make money.
No two players are identical, so the point of view of the players is their own, and none is more correct than any other.

So, while the whole point of the game is almost certainly "fun" (because fun makes more money), that might or might not entail playing the game with people you have known for years. And it might or might not entail changing for chest loot., so that part of your statement is incorrect.

As for needing to make it available in some other way, the owners only "need" to do that if they think they will make more money by doing it than by not doing it. I hope they do, but they don;t need to.

DeletedUser9601

Seriously???? That is your answer or solution??? The whole point of the game is fun and that includes playing the game with people you have known in game for months or years. Not changing for a chest loot. They just need to make it available in some other fashion like a random 5-10% chest award

Yes.
What is the point of RR? Its either entirely aesthetic, because you like a particular building, or its for improving your city.
If its the former, then even in a 5 person FS, or a solo FS, you will be able to level a particular building, albeit slowly. And you can't have 10 "favorite" buildings, because c'mon. That's never been event buildings.

If its the latter, then you have a choice to make. Do you want to maximize your city growth? If yes, then you should be looking for a better FS, not only for RR spells, but for the KP, the enchantments, the AW runes, the FA advancement, the trade options, the information sharing, and all the other reasons why a 25-person FS of motivated players outperforms a 5 person FS of in-game friends with varying levels of focus of advancement.

The original post was about how A. OP bought a lot of magic buildings, and can't upgrade them without a blueprint, and there's no compelling reason why it should, and B. How RR spells are available, but in lesser amounts than if you have surplus blueprints to convert to RR via your MA.

Point A has never been up for discussion, and there's no reason to expect Inno to change it.
Point B, well you can still pretty easily upgrade a building. It might take a few weeks or a few months, but that's the tradeoff you have to live with. Play with your small FS and it takes longer. Take some leadership role, recruit another 15 people and steadily hit 7-8 chests, and it goes faster. Go to a 10-chest FS and it goes by very fast. How much do you care about 1 event building in the context of your entire city? For most of us, its not that important? So why is it such a hardship if you get so much value out of being in a small FS with your buddies?

DeletedUser19346

Totally Agree. That's why I ignored this comment!

DeletedUser19346

Yes.
What is the point of RR? Its either entirely aesthetic, because you like a particular building, or its for improving your city.
If its the former, then even in a 5 person FS, or a solo FS, you will be able to level a particular building, albeit slowly. And you can't have 10 "favorite" buildings, because c'mon. That's never been event buildings.

If its the latter, then you have a choice to make. Do you want to maximize your city growth? If yes, then you should be looking for a better FS, not only for RR spells, but for the KP, the enchantments, the AW runes, the FA advancement, the trade options, the information sharing, and all the other reasons why a 25-person FS of motivated players outperforms a 5 person FS of in-game friends with varying levels of focus of advancement.

The original post was about how A. OP bought a lot of magic buildings, and can't upgrade them without a blueprint, and there's no compelling reason why it should, and B. How RR spells are available, but in lesser amounts than if you have surplus blueprints to convert to RR via your MA.

Point A has never been up for discussion, and there's no reason to expect Inno to change it.
Point B, well you can still pretty easily upgrade a building. It might take a few weeks or a few months, but that's the tradeoff you have to live with. Play with your small FS and it takes longer. Take some leadership role, recruit another 15 people and steadily hit 7-8 chests, and it goes faster. Go to a 10-chest FS and it goes by very fast. How much do you care about 1 event building in the context of your entire city? For most of us, its not that important? So why is it such a hardship if you get so much value out of being in a small FS with your buddies?

My original post was We are not informed before purchasing these residences that we can't upgrade them without being in a huge fellowship and making it to the 10th chest. Also, I was informed by Support that they WERE going to make RR available to upgraded Magic Residences and workshops. Apparently, they changed their minds while I waited months for it so I could do that.Also, I don't see how I can even slowly upgrade them If I cant get the blueprints I need to create a single RR spell in the MA.

DeletedUser19346

To be more realistic, there are two viewpoints for the game, owners and players.

The owners viewpoint is that the whole point of the game is to make money.
No two players are identical, so the point of view of the players is their own, and none is more correct than any other.

So, while the whole point of the game is almost certainly "fun" (because fun makes more money), that might or might not entail playing the game with people you have known for years. And it might or might not entail changing for chest loot., so that part of your statement is incorrect.

As for needing to make it available in some other way, the owners only "need" to do that if they think they will make more money by doing it than by not doing it. I hope they do, but they don;t need to.

I thought the way they made their money was by creating happy players who stick with the game for the long term. If the players aren't happy, they will obviously lose players and, therefore, money.

DeletedUser19346

Sir Squirrel and Matricz seems to be the only ones answering that know how to at least pretend to care whether the players are happy with this game. I would have quit when I found this out if my Archmage hadn't talked me out of it. Because at Matricz said, We, in my fellowship, have become friends.

Vergazi

Sir Squirrel and Matricz seems to be the only ones answering that know how to at least pretend to care whether the players are happy with this game. I would have quit when I found this out if my Archmage hadn't talked me out of it. Because at Matricz said, We, in my fellowship, have become friends.
Happiness is very relative at times. Different players find one part of the game or other more fun that what other people find fun. Some people enjoy chatting on here with in-game friends and almost don't care how well they do in Tourneys or what have you.

One example would be in another game I will not name since it may be considered a competitor, but in it I had really enjoyed the Auction House aspect and crafting and trading items. I'd even stay up crafting pattern for epic gear and other oddball items just because it gave some people joy and that in turn was fun for me. Heck, I even enjoyed cruising around zones "farming" mats to craft my oddball recipes cause even that was fun in a way. All kinds of weird or fun stuff would happen or develop while I was out farming. I might end up helping a newbie with quests or just chatting with someone new to the game or really fun world pvp that might go on for an hour or more.

My whole main point though is that the GAME DESIGNERS and the OWNERS are not stupid people...many are gamers too. They know full well people differ and they are cognizant of the fact that they have to balance elements of the game so that EVERYONE has fun, not just one faction of players or the other. They will move Heaven and Earth to make players ( who after all are their customers ) happy, but if it impacts the bottom line too much to implement some change to the game or for technical reasons is undoable then it's just not likely to happen.

I apologize if I come off a bit preachy here...guess I'm just in a preachy mood atm..( smacks head with a rolled up newspaper ) Bad Vergazi! Bad! o_O

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I thought the way they made their money was by creating happy players who stick with the game for the long term. If the players aren't happy, they will obviously lose players and, therefore, money.
I already said the point is for it to be "fun". The error you are making is in presuming that what you want is the same was what tens of thousands of other players want. I care about the players as much as anyone else. I don't have to agree with anyone specific to do that. My experience with gaming is that:
  1. Hard is fun, as long as it isn't too hard.
  2. Games that make money for their owners are more likely to be well taken care of and have new, interesting content.
Because of those two things, I rarely agree with anyone who wants to make the game cheaper to play, or anyone who wants to change things in a way that has no effect other than making them easier.

Sometimes people who disagree with us have good reasons for disagreeing. You are free to disagree with me as much as you want, but please be aware that doesn't mean I don't care if players are happy. And please don't make pronouncements about who does or doesn't care about player happiness. I've been playing for more than two years, and I'm happy, and I want to stay happy by making sure there are lots of other happy players to play with. I could also be happier. I've also spent a few hundred dollars on diamonds, and some of them I wasted. Some of that waste was because I didn't understand what I was buying. Now I'm better at picking what to spend money on.

Matrickz

Blueprints are unobtanium If the requirement is to leave a FS I have been with for a year where is the fairness. I don't want free or to begrudge inno a profit Just have a pathway to blueprints other then chest 10 Maybe completing 3 pathways on a FS adventure

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Blueprints are unobtanium If the requirement is to leave a FS I have been with for a year where is the fairness. I don't want free or to begrudge inno a profit Just have a pathway to blueprints other then chest 10 Maybe completing 3 pathways on a FS adventure

The fairness is in that it was clearly way and each person makes a choice regarding their play style and time. I have been in 10 chest fellowship, medium ones, medium ones that grew to 10, 3 chest ones and no chest ones. Each group of players makes a choice, just like you choose a fellowship with daily visit, 3/4 or no visits. Every fellowship has the ability to go after 10 chests or even easier a couple RR, but it comes down to determination and effort verse reward.

Sometimes you may find you need to change fellowship even after a year as you might find you needs/wants have changed away from that group, or it away from you. I have walked away from 2 that I was in for well over a year (probably 2 years), funnily enough both had grown to 10 chest fellowships. One I left shortly after it got there, the other much later.

The bottom line is we have choices and we make decision based on what we feel is important.