• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Stop the repetition

JeanFritz

Yeah, so enough people have already said this, but you have to stop the stupid quest repetition. That "or 15 vapour" appended to the "Scout/Research" quest was nice, once or twice, but when more than 10 out of 20 quests in a row are "Scout/Research/Vapour", it just gets DUMB. Two in a row? On occasion, ok. Three in a row? No. FOUR IN A ROW? **** no.

So far this (Autumn) event, there have been at least two game updates with the opportunity to fix this, so that tells us Inno just don't care. Or, more accurately, only care about our money. Seriously, after that "Scout/Research/Vapour" nonsense paused (for a while), now it's "11 Relics" OVER AND OVER AND OVER. Come on, Inno--you tell us that we're scouting too far (Strafe muss sein! you scout too far, you get punished!), and then you REQUIRE us to scout further and further to finish the event... so, it really looks like the events (and event rewards) are now only for pay-to-win players, like the Spire of Eternal Debt.

If Inno doesn't want players to think of Elvenar as "for pay-to-win only", then you have to start listening--REALLY listening. Even the Support Staff are having problems with this.

Want an easy solution? How about this: try making event quests like the Fellowship Adventures. You already have the system in place (for FAs), and it would be crazy easy to scale difficulty: the first "stage" requires completing one of every quest (like earning badges in FA), and then you move to the the second "stage", which requires either a different (more challenging) set of quests, or the requirement to complete all of them twice, or even a mix of those two. You can even require the S/R/Vapour five times (I know you're sooo proud of that "solution"!), but because the FA badge system lets players complete the quests in any order, there's actually a chance that players will feel like they're making progress (instead of being stuck for two days because scouting takes so long and they can't afford more vapour after doing the same quest three times in a row).

Either that, or fix your randumb number generator. I don't know how you broke it in the first place, but these quests aren't random (unless you think "heads, I win; tails, you lose" is random). Elvenar is a great game, with amazing artwork--which gets completely wasted, because people don't want to play this stupidly frustrating event (like, half of my fellowship). Cheers.