• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Storage unit / shed

What do you think of this idea?

• yes

Votes: 12 54.5%
  • no

Votes: 10 45.5%

• Total voters

DeletedUser

I would like to see a building strictly for storing various "themed" buildings. Ex: Halloween buildings won during events. Once that season is over, we would be able to store those buildings to make room for any new building won/stored for the next season (i.e) Christmas. It would be great if we could put past, and currently won themed building in our cities without having to sell them to make room for everyday items of culture etc. I contacted support (about a year ago) for a storage/shed only to be told ...no. Everyday cultural buildings can be bought over and over, but the themed buildings are hard won. We should be able to keep them. I currently have none as I have had to sell them off for everyday/current chapter culture. The storage unit should not be overly large (due to space) BUT it should be able to hold 20 building regardless of size of building.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I contacted support (about a year ago) for a storage/shed only to be told ...no.
Nothing has changed in the last year that would make the devs change the answer.
The main challenge of the game is space. If you can put buildings in storage then that changes the difficulty of the game.
For example:
1.Quest asks for 20 toolboxes.
2. Take halloween buildings out of city and place into storage
3. Use free space to build a pile of level 1 workshops
4. Use those WS to complete quest
5. Nuke workshops and bring buildings back out of storage.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I did hear the developers nixed the "turn a building" idea. My thought was the developers skill set wasn't up to par to allow it
Nope. The buildings turning when upgrading is a core aspect of the game which forces you to design a new city every chapter.
rotated2.png

As you can see, a level 20 plank is the same size as a level 19, but the orientation changes 90 degrees, adding a challenge. If the game allowed you to simply rotate it back, there'd be no point.

Also, the buildings we see in game are just 2D images, so even if they did allow us to "rotate" them, we wouldn't really be taking a building and "turning" it, we would be swapping it out for a different 2D image.
No programming "skill set" required, just artist time.

shimmerfly

As I look closer I see that your not new. If I offended you it was not intentional. I assumed that because the extra storage has been mentioned many times before.
I can see now that you were not on the forum to see those! :oops:
Please accept my apology.

DeletedUser19019

I have even suggested a one hour building bank. that would be used during the redesigning phase of a town. You need extra space just to move building around to allow for an upgrade. So you have a small bank where 1 to 4 buildings can placed for 1 hour. This gives the player the space to move other building around. The player then replaces those banked buildings. If they do not place those buildings within the hour they are lost as a penalty - they get no coins, supplies, goods or population back as a penalty for using too much time. This idea was nixed as well

BunnyRose

I am not new to the game, but am new to the Forum. This is my first time commenting. Please be gentle, lol!

I was talking to my daughter about how so many people playing the game would like Inno to create a "storage area" where they could put buildings they can no longer keep, or use it to store buildings for a short time while they rearrange their buildings. I understand why Inno won't do that, it's part of the game giving up what you love in order to move onward and upward. I worked hard for quite a few of the buildings that I recently had to sell because, well, Woodelves, lol! I don't even remember the first ones I got in my very first event, and was thinking aloud about that when my daughter had a brilliant idea! She said to suggest to Inno that they create a "gallery", like a book, where pictures of all the different buildings you've won can be stored, like a photo album. When people are feeling nostalgic, they can go to the book and look at what they've won since they started playing. I tell you, sometimes someone OUTSIDE of whatever you're doing can come up with a great solution to a problem you've not been able to solve, lol!

DeletedUser3622

I don't think anyone really wants a place to swap buildings in and out of, this is more for aesthetics, right? I like the designs and looks of many of the buildings, why not just have a place to keep them after you need to remove them for more space? They lose all their stats, they can't be placed back in the city, but they are on display as a sort of sign of achievement (for those junkies) or a sign of status (I was here when Wonky Walter was a thing!) to keep for nostalgia etc.

shimmerfly

When people are feeling nostalgic, they can go to the book and look at what they've won since they started playing. I tell you, sometimes someone OUTSIDE of whatever you're doing can come up with a great solution to a problem you've not been able to solve, lol!
Great idea :D. it would be fun to be able to view what we've worked hard for!

Seraphimxx1

I would like to see a building strictly for storing various "themed" buildings. Ex: Halloween buildings won during events. Once that season is over, we would be able to store those buildings to make room for any new building won/stored for the next season (i.e) Christmas. It would be great if we could put past, and currently won themed building in our cities without having to sell them to make room for everyday items of culture etc. I contacted support (about a year ago) for a storage/shed only to be told ...no. Everyday cultural buildings can be bought over and over, but the themed buildings are hard won. We should be able to keep them. I currently have none as I have had to sell them off for everyday/current chapter culture. The storage unit should not be overly large (due to space) BUT it should be able to hold 20 building regardless of size of building.

:)Aloha Purfie,
Have you heard back from or received a response from Elvenar? I too (like many before me) would like to request for a storage box, space, room building ect...:)