• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Storage

Lilleana

Can you please incorporate some type of Storage? It would be much better for trying to reconstruct cities. Being able to even have a "store all" button so we may be able to completely renovate. It can be a quest building. Tap for features. Features can be separated by category and stored.

Last edited:

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
teleport.png

You get them from the spire each week which is accessible after chapter 3.

Also, www.elvenarchitect.com is awesome.

Yogi Dave

Can you please incorporate some type of Storage? It would be much better for trying to reconstruct cities.
First, welcome to the forum. Always good to see someone new joining in the discussions.

Part of the game play of Elvenar is city arrangement and is considered a fundamental aspect. It is intended to for you to have to move your buildings around in your city while reorganizing it. It's part of the planning, the fun and frustration of the game. Of course, as @SoggyShorts points out, that has been mitigated to an extent with the teleport ability. The site he mentions is indeed awesome. There is another site, www.elvenstats.com which can take your current city and import it into ElvanArchitect for you.

This idea along with being able to rotate building is one we have all thought of and we've been told they will never be done. In fact, the moderator of this section has listed them in Ideas and Suggestion Forum Guides as having been " categorically ruled out by the Development Team since, if they were implemented, they would change the essence of Elvenar."

Lilleana

First, welcome to the forum. Always good to see someone new joining in the discussions.

Part of the game play of Elvenar is city arrangement and is considered a fundamental aspect. It is intended to for you to have to move your buildings around in your city while reorganizing it. It's part of the planning, the fun and frustration of the game. Of course, as @SoggyShorts points out, that has been mitigated to an extent with the teleport ability. The site he mentions is indeed awesome. There is another site, www.elvenstats.com which can take your current city and import it into ElvanArchitect for you.

This idea along with being able to rotate building is one we have all thought of and we've been told they will never be done. In fact, the moderator of this section has listed them in Ideas and Suggestion Forum Guides as having been " categorically ruled out by the Development Team since, if they were implemented, they would change the essence of Elvenar."
Yes. I Understand that. Rotation would be nice. But game evolution is also nice, and important when developers are trying to gain players and spenders. They should really take some of those things into consideration instead of being rigid. I am new, so I don't know about portals and things yet, but I am learning fast.

shimmerfly

@Lilleana
I think every player may have wondered the same thing. No storage, no room to put anything, can't rotate the building etc. And 'where in the heck am I supposed to put this'??
The game was designed to be frustrating??
I thought my population was jumping off the dang cliff when I started. As you play longer ( and we hope you do) you will understand that this is a slow, kind of strategic Building game. Remember there are good people here to help.

GlamDoll

Being able to rotate buildings would be fantastic! (I know nothing of code, so IDK if it could be a feature here).
As much as I like the idea, even if I had to pay 1000 diamonds for it, IDK if I would do it...

I have played 'tetris' so much with my city on Elven Architect, that I know how I want to layout my city & where most of my buildings will go.
It helps me with being patient til I have enough space in my city to 'fix' it...and I thought I had my city streamlined. >...>

I need at least 12-15 of those Teleport spells & hopefully it will give me enough grid space to shuffle everything around & get my roads right.
It would be faster & easier if I could just pay & have everything other than a few select buildings (Main Hall/Magic Academy/Builder/AWs/Etc.) be teleported into inventory but I agree with other's here & it would take away much of what I am looking forward to...

Which is to always make my city better than it was, whenever & however I can.

:)

NightshadeCS

The fact that buildings don't rotate is an integral part of the game mechanic. You will notice as you upgrade that sometimes a building will simply flip orientation from one upgrade to the next, i.e., from a 5x7 to a 7x5. This is presented as a challenge to rearrange things so that you can fit everything in. Also, the game artwork is 2D, even though the appearance is 3D. The buildings are not rendered as a whole 3D piece that can just be rotated to see another view. If the devs were to add building rotation, they would have to put their artwork team on the job of creating 3 additional views of every single building in the game. That would take some time.

Some tips for rearranging: Take a look at your culture buildings and see if anything needs to be sold and replaced with something better. That will clear out some space to move things around.

Sell a section of road, or move those tiles into little holes to free up some movement space. There is very little chance you will be able to keep everything connected and running while you do a big rearrange.

Consider placing some AWs behind your Main Hall with a single square of road to connect them. AWs never change size or shape, and you will very rarely decide to sell one, so it provides a nice chunk that never has to be moved around (until you get a Main Hall size upgrade, that is).

Once you get to guest races in Chapter 6, you will have buildings that you place only for that chapter and then sell them all at the end of that chapter. This provides a nice chunk of land to use for a big rearrange before getting into the next chapter. Just make sure you take a look at buildings you may want to upgrade, also, as they could suddenly change shape on you and throw the whole thing out of whack again (technical term).

For those of you who really want to feel sorry for us oldies, those Teleport spells are a very recent addition. We all had to rearrange without even that benefit! I know FoE (another Inno game) has a reconstruct mode, which I loved, but this game is a bit different in its aims, and we have all been shot down on that suggestion before.

Yogi Dave

For those of you who really want to feel sorry for us oldies, those Teleport spells are a very recent addition. We all had to rearrange without even that benefit!
Not only that, but ElvenStats wasn't around so we had to painfully put our current city plan into ElvenArchitect. I'm sure those who've been around longer than me didn't even have ElvenArchitect to help.

The game and tools for it continue to evolve. And yes, @shimmerfly , I think the game was designed to have an element of frustration. All good puzzles have that aspect to them. Has anyone played this game for 6 months or more not been frustrated by something? Anyone? Anyone? Buelle?