• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Storefronts and Malls

• Thread starter DeletedUser4027
  • Start date

Good Idea?

• Yes

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Maybe

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • No

Votes: 4 66.7%

• Total voters

DeletedUser4027

I think it would be very useful to individual cities to be able to have Storefronts or Malls available for fellowship members to exclusively trade with (Within World Limits) Storefronts could be used to sell Goods and Supplies for Coin. Malls could be used for Fellowship internal trades.

As Archmage, I have gotten complaints about my fellowship members needing goods during chat sessions and trades will be posted on the world trade market and are scooped up immediately before my fellowship can respond. You can almost call the Trader "Wall Street" in a sense. I want to help my fellowship grow just as much as any Archmage but my members seem to get discouraged when trades are lost to 1 star traders....you know who you are.

Another advantage to the exclusivity of a storefront or mall would be that these building or commerce centers would attract more visitation from nearby neighbors who could freely purchase items for a fair price and possibly help boost fellowships to capacity.

I would hope that the developers could design buildings for Archmages and Mages-IE:Storefronts and Malls and for Ambassadors - Malls. Also within the Storefronts would be an Realty area for Ambassadors and Fellows to purchase their new businesses...after all, whoever heard of a city without commerce and only trading. I also think that the Initial Storefronts should be offered to all Archmages of all fellowships at no cost to help promote this concept to each individual fellowship member.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
This is a variation on a frequently requested "allow FS only trades" idea. It provides significant advantages to the largest most active fellowships, while making it even harder for those who aren't in one, and for that reason, I'm generally opposed.

If you have trouble stocking up smaller players, instead of offering three star trades, have them post 1 star trades for you to take.

DeletedUser4027

This is a variation on a frequently requested "allow FS only trades" idea. It provides significant advantages to the largest most active fellowships, while making it even harder for those who aren't in one, and for that reason, I'm generally opposed.

If you have trouble stocking up smaller players, instead of offering three star trades, have them post 1 star trades for you to take.

Good point...I'll try that. But I still think it would be a draw for players inside and outside the fellowship.

DeletedUser

No need to add another building to the city...all they have to do is add a little check box to the Trader menu where you make your trade offer. Check that box and your trade is available only to Fellowship members. This is the interface for the market we have in Forge of Empires:

FOE Trader Interface.png

Shouldn't be that hard for them to do here.

DeletedUser4027

No need to add another building to the city...all they have to do is add a little check box to the Trader menu where you make your trade offer. Check that box and your trade is available only to Fellowship members. This is the interface for the market we have in Forge of Empires:

View attachment 2348

Shouldn't be that hard for them to do here.
That's what I'm talking about. That would work. Good suggestion.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence

The problem is that the game is full of dead cities, so there are far fewer traders available than there should be. If you can make trades FS only, that would further reduce the number of trades out there, discouraging new players, and anyone not in a FS.