• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Storm or Aureate? Decisions, decisions.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Now that I'm getting some artifacts in the spire, I am sitting here wondering what to do with them. I leveled up my fire, and now I see aureate and storms popping up in crafting. I'm not sure which is better overall, in my situation. I have no room for an ETC, at the moment, and don't plan to get it anytime soon, so I'm not sure it's worth it to get a storm and have to constantly use MM spells. Therefore, I'm leaning toward an aureate, but part of me is wondering just how many goods it gives. When you feed it, does it boost ALL your factories, or just one kind or whatever? And by how much ... I get confused because I don't know whether the percentage would go on just the basic, or with the relic boost, or?

Does anyone have both? Which helps more, if you don't have an ETC? Thanks!

PS right now, I am in Elementals and have enough artifacts to level to only stage 7.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
If you use a lot of MM enchantments, then the Storm is a no-brainer. But then, Aureate is weak in general. The feed effect gives you bonus goods based on your base amount, not your boosted amount.

Iyapo1

The Aureate and the Storm provide similar feeding bonuses....but only in conjunction with MM spells. Feeding either of them and not using an MM spell=wasted pet food.

Most fighters like the storm phoenix base better.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
The Aureate and the Storm provide similar feeding bonuses....but only in conjunction with MM spells. Feeding either of them and not using an MM spell=wasted pet food.

Most fighters like the storm phoenix base better.

No, the Aureate has nothing to do with MMs. They will give you a small boost in goods when fed, no matter what.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Ok, I looked it up and I love the Aureate.

The Aureate
Level 31 Steel factory makes a max of 40K per day based on 3x5+1x9h or a realistic (for me) 25K per day (9hx2+3h)
Chapter 14 Aureate makes 25K T1 per day
And that's 2 chapters old, I'm in 16 now so it's gotta produce more (EA doesn't seem to want to tell me how much)

My level 31 steel takes up about 50 squares (25+2.5 roads+22.5 pop)
The aureate takes about 13 squares (16+2 roads - 5 pop)

So, for me, the Aureate has an efficiency of around 370%
-------------------------------------------------

The Storm

Some mana and supplies, worth about 12 squares plus 2 KP per day plus pop.
Maybe 100% efficiency.

I don't think that the feeding effect for the storm will ever make up the difference in my city YMMV

Soleil Nightbloom

I know that you’re asking about the aureate vs the storm phoenixes but what’s wrong with putting a second fire phoenix down in your city? Would that be a better boost for you or is it counter productive?

Iyapo1

No, the Aureate has nothing to do with MMs. They will give you a small boost in goods when fed, no matter what.
I was just talking about the feeding effect. The feeding effect of the Aureate looks smaller than the feeding effect of the storm. The storm requires an MM the Aureate does not but if you apply an MM then the Aureate feeding bonus = Storm feeding bonus ...or close enough.

Edit: someone mathed it somewhere but I cant find it, sorry

Last edited:

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
I went with Storm. In one city, I had it in my inventory along with some artifacts, and last Phoenix event converted enough artifacts to lvl it to 9 (got it to 10 with the Spire artifacts recently). I was close to the end of Ch15 there. I placed it in my 2nd city at an earlier chapter (elementals) because I could lvl it to 10 after that same event. I do have an ETC, so that changes things.
I placed it for the MM boost to sentients. I use it when I'm close to getting the sentients to unlock a tech so I can boost sentient production, trade as needed, and use the goods before the end of my day, avoiding decay. In the other city, I was able to get it to lvl 10 and did the same thing.
A bonus with the new FA bracelet badge is being able to make more bracelets.
I was not interested in the extra T1 goods provided by the Aureate; I have amassed quite an inventory of those and now basically keep most of my T1 factories in inventory except during an event. I'm not sure if it works on sentients (I *think* it would), but I value a boost to the MM effect over a boost to the base production amount.
**a plus for the Storm is it's a really pretty blue color**:D

Darielle

Thank you so much for the help guys. I would have been on sooner, but wouldn't you know it? Power outage, lol. Everything's fine here in Maine, though.

Darielle

If you use a lot of MM enchantments, then the Storm is a no-brainer. But then, Aureate is weak in general. The feed effect gives you bonus goods based on your base amount, not your boosted amount.
Ugh that was what I was afraid of. :( Thanks for letting me know.

Darielle

Ok, I looked it up and I love the Aureate.

The Aureate
Level 31 Steel factory makes a max of 40K per day based on 3x5+1x9h or a realistic (for me) 25K per day (9hx2+3h)
Chapter 14 Aureate makes 25K T1 per day
And that's 2 chapters old, I'm in 16 now so it's gotta produce more (EA doesn't seem to want to tell me how much)

My level 31 steel takes up about 50 squares (25+2.5 roads+22.5 pop)
The aureate takes about 13 squares (16+2 roads - 5 pop)

So, for me, the Aureate has an efficiency of around 370%
-------------------------------------------------

The Storm
Some mana and supplies, worth about 12 squares plus 2 KP per day plus pop.
Maybe 100% efficiency.

I don't think that the feeding effect for the storm will ever make up the difference in my city YMMV
Woah, that sounds great. Yeah, I guess it's important to look at the non-feeding bonuses.

Darielle

I know that you’re asking about the aureate vs the storm phoenixes but what’s wrong with putting a second fire phoenix down in your city? Would that be a better boost for you or is it counter productive?
Trouble is, I've never once seen a fire phoenix in the MA. I've seen both the others, but the fire doesn't seem to come up. I don't know why.

Just saw your second reply. Thank you for the link.

Soleil Nightbloom

Yeah, the fire phoenix is pretty scarce for me as well, don’t see it that much either. I never see the storm phoenix but always see the aureate phoenix. I hope the link helps you :)

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Yeah, the fire phoenix is pretty scarce for me as well, don’t see it that much either. I never see the storm phoenix but always see the aureate phoenix. I hope the link helps you :)

Anything in crafting that you can only have one of will no longer show up if you craft it and keep it in your inventory. So if you are waiting for the Fire to show up, craft the other two and the May Tree base and the four pieces of the chess set and that will increase the chance for the Fire to show up.

Darielle

Anything in crafting that you can only have one of will no longer show up if you craft it and keep it in your inventory. So if you are waiting for the Fire to show up, craft the other two and the May Tree base and the four pieces of the chess set and that will increase the chance for the Fire to show up.
Is the fire part of the rotation in the MA? I've never seen it, but that's great if it is. I have the complete chess set in inventory as well as the phx, but not the may tree base. I should have been able to see it at least once, I think, but I could be wrong.