• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Stream error and failure to load

• Thread starter DeletedUser2768
  • Start date

DeletedUser2768

Game version: v1.43.4
Game world: US5, US1, US7 (Forge of Empires too)
Browser + version: Chrome
Flash Player version: 27.0.0.187
Operating System: Windows 10
Screen resolution: 1366x768
Account name: RosehawkATA
Humans or Elves: Both

Reproducibility: 4/5 (1/5 = happened once; 2/5 = happens randomly; 3/5 = happens sometimes; 4/5 = happens often, but not always; 5/5 = happens always)

Quest title: N/A

Current situation:
Try to play the game in multiple tabs but can't due to repeated "stream error" messages and the game failing to load.

Expected situation:
To be able to play the game as often and as long as I so choose.

Reproduction Steps
Open game
2. Try to collect goods, T1, T2, T3, supplies, Orcs, whatever
3. Done image disappears from above factory, question marks do not appear
4. Keep playing
5. Game starts lagging
6. Stream error message
7. Take forever to reload game
8. Sometimes Server error at 11/whatever, sometimes game actually loads
9. repeat from step 2

My original post in General Discussion was a complaint, not a but report. Many players have reported this and we've been told it's a user error, not a game error. This only happens to me with YOUR games, nowhere else on the internet.

DeletedUser14718

Same is happening to me. Sometimes it can take a half hour before the game will let me back on.

DeletedUser2768

Seems to really be a problem after 9:00pm Pacific Time.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I'm not sure running multiple simultaneous instances within the same browser in tabs either is, or should be, intended. It's probably putting a heavy load on the browser to keep the network packets and cached files isolated to the correct tab, and means that the browser cache has to store buildings for each city, and would be thrashing the drive and emptying the cache more frequently. Making sure that works seems like a significant effort for the Inno programmers.

I'm not saying you shouldn't be doing it, but I (just a personal feeling) don't think they should be devoting a lot of resources to ensuring it works, vs. the other fixes they could be devoting time to.

If you are doing neighbor help, that's a ton of data. Flushing your cache frequently might improve things.

Xelenia

Ex-Team Member
Hello Everyone,

This is not a bug. At the current state of the game, it is not meant to be played in multiple instances in different tabs of a single browser. The different instances of the game will cancel each other out, and will not allow you to play the game how ever long you want as you pleases between the different tabs. Same reason you cannot play the same login on your browser as well as your mobile application at the same time. The game sync properly in one instances, and will not do so in multiple instances.

I will advice you strictly play the game in one instance and play it the way it is meant to be played to avoid creating unusual streaming errors.

~Xelenia

DeletedUser2768

Okay @Xelenia, I took your suggestion and I'm only playing in one tab/world at a time, and the Stream Error window is happening just as often, if not moreso. It takes me over an hour to collect and reset my factories due to this. Would someone PLEASE figure this out and fix it?

I'm less and less thrilled with this game every day. I've been playing for over a year now and I've gone from 3-hour sets to 9-hour sets, and I'm contemplating 24-hour sets now. This game just isn't fun when you spend 80% of your time loading the game, repeatedly.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
1. Open game
2. Try to collect goods, T1, T2, T3, supplies, Orcs, whatever
3. Done image disappears from above factory, question marks do not appear
4. Keep playing
5. Game starts lagging
6. Stream error message
7. Take forever to reload game
8. Sometimes Server error at 11/whatever, sometimes game actually loads
9. repeat from step 2
If the question marks aren't appearing, then maybe the client and the server are not communicating properly. Have you tried a network speed test of any kind? If you're on the app, it flashes an icon when the network is slow, but the browser version never says anything. Are you playing over wireless? If so, are you able to try a wired connection? Are you able to try in a different location (library or cafe?) Possibly the ports are not being allowed to communicate fully. Since v7, of Windows, Microsoft has done some weird things with networking, like reserving a bunch of bandwidth for it's own use, just-in-case. That could be causing trouble if there are also other devices. Some network configurations automatically hold all devices to the speed of the slowest device. If you happen to have an old ipod or something also accessing the network, that can cause speed problems even when you have lots of capacity.