• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Stream Error

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
First I've heard of something like this. One thing that might cause that is if your time is slightly off from internet time. There's a setting to keep them in sync in the control panel. I'd investigate that as a possibility.

There's also a very slight chance that two things are set to go off at 6pm CST. Perhaps there's a conflict between them? Just a random shot in the dark, but maybe.

Other than that, it's an odd one.

AJ

StarLoad

I do see this on occasion as the timers reset for the game day but not every time. 1 click and its back in business and the reloading of the game is probably a good thing

Ed

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
When an event is going, there is a good chance of a stream error if you are in the game when the new game day starts. The game has done this for years now.

YarL

I get stream errors. I’ll ask my fellowship when I get one of those (and lots of other error messages). They don’t see them. Leads me to think the problem is local to me.

OP, if you stream video, do you ever get problems with stutters in watching that video? If so, the problem might be on your end.

What might be helpful to me and others, is a definition of the “stream error” message from the Developers as to what that Error Message (and others) actually mean. Is that defined somewhere like the wiki or in a FAQ? Under what circumstances do you get different error messages?

I have also been noticing freezes in the game. I hit a button and nothing happens.

There is an age old problem (for me) that an automatic battle takes many seconds to resolve. After 30 seconds I find some way to exit the app and restart it. Is that a streaming issue?

YarL

Over on ElvenStats, I see error messages when building FS statistics that it could not retrieve certain data to build the list (history of player points). Could that be an indication of server (or streaming) problems on Inno’s side? Maybe this is useful info to the developers?

YarL

The fellowship message system (where you can’t send a new message) seems to be acting up again for me lately. Is that a streaming issue?

defiantoneks

i'm only talking about the stream errors that are labeled in game as such. you get the pop-up that clearly states streaming error, cant process, etc. Will take a snap next time it happens. And no I dont really have issues with other sites, video, etc. I stream all of my tv and its fine. It especially doesnt glitch at precise times as Elvenar does, like at start of New Day or Spire Open.

YarL

Historical note. I used to play a computer game 40 years ago (Beyond the Stellar Empire, lasted ~20 years) where players interacted over the internet via email. There was a player who would intercept email messages from players and keep a copy for himself. He was literally checking every email message on the internet that passed through his server to see if was from a player in the game and intercept it if it was.

The number of servers on the internet were (far) less than a thousand, and he had access to a relatively important server hubs. He was checking every email that passed through it and making a copy of it for himself if it was from a player of the game. So I guess even in the pioneer days of the internet, things were not pure, let alone perfect.

Lesson: nothing on the internet is private. Also, the internet was developed by DARPA and US universities. Privacy was not a design goal. My knowledge of data packets moving around the internet and mobile communications systems is 25 years old, but the guy who invented SMS sat down the hall from me. It’s all a miracle (or magic) to me it all works as well as it does.

Sweetp

Ex-Team Member
@defiantoneks
As this doesn't appear to happen to all players, stream errors normally happen when your system and the Inno servers get out of sync. You can close the browser and restart. Sometimes that's not even needed.
Once they get in sync everything will work as normal

defiantoneks

browser was quit, updated, and restarted.
and now, new day:
Screen Shot 2023-01-08 at 6.01.05 PM.png

defiantoneks

@defiantoneks
As this doesn't appear to happen to all players, stream errors normally happen when your system and the Inno servers get out of sync. You can close the browser and restart. Sometimes that's not even needed.
please see my last. and apparently some people think this is normal and expected. see above.

free-spirit

apparently some people think this is normal and expected. see above.
Because it is? At least on PC. The gameday resets at 7 PM Eastern every day. You reported a Stream error at exactly 7 PM Eastern. Players that are not online at that precise time wouldn't need to refresh, but it has been like this since I started playing in 2015, always coinciding with the gameday reset.

defiantoneks

Because it is? At least on PC. The gameday resets at 7 PM Eastern every day. You reported a Stream error at exactly 7 PM Eastern. Players that are not online at that precise time wouldn't need to refresh, but it has been like this since I started playing in 2015, always coinciding with the gameday reset.
if it was normal and expected it would not be labeled as an ERROR.