• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Streamlining helping Fellowship Members

DeletedUser594

Ultimately I would like the option of of a single click help button next to a players name.

Currently it is a slow and drawn out process to give help to fellowship members. If you start from the fellowship icon you have to go through multiple steps and after giving help you have to start from scratch for the next person.
Returning help through the notification list is is even slower as you end by giving help in their city and then have to go back to your city to re-open the list. It would great if we automatically jumped back to where we were on the list at least.
Streamlining these processes would be greatly helpful
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser771

I absolutely agree.. maybe even have a bar that can be opened up and closed that runs along the side with the new chat bar. Have a tab with the list of your neighbors where you can open it and click aid for it to help automatically or have the button to visit them next to their names... having the aide button turn gray after you have aided them so you know who you have helped already.

DeletedUser672

I absolutely agree.. maybe even have a bar that can be opened up and closed that runs along the side with the new chat bar. Have a tab with the list of your neighbors where you can open it and click aid for it to help automatically or have the button to visit them next to their names... having the aide button turn gray after you have aided them so you know who you have helped already.
I agree, doing help for fellowship or world neighbors should be simplified. FOE has a list at the bottom of the screen and you click one time to get to their cities.

DeletedUser

you can reopen the list by clicking the fellowship icon when you at your fellows city. you don't have to go back to your own city each time. :D

DeletedUser

Even so, it is a bit tedious. While I absolutely do not want this game to be a clone of FoE, I'd like to see a more streamlined way to visit our fellowships at least, if not our neighbors.

DeletedUser560

I agree it is tedious to go to the fellowship tab, then member tab, then scroll the list/pages, then get to their city...realize there is still 2 hours yet before you can buff them..then have to do the whole thing again later. A grayed out name or check mark would be helpful of who you have visited, a timer (like on the city) next to the name in the list would be even nice.

DeletedUser828

That would work fine if there were not three different ways to help your fellowship when you visit. The whole process should take no longer than 10 minutes top. You can visit your fellowship every 23 hours, so if you make a habit of doing your visits around the same time everyday, you won't have continue visiting over and over to see if you can help. Seems like you are making this task much harder on yourself than it has to be. It's just a matter of setting a schedule to visit daily, then poof they are done in no time.

DeletedUser61

It would be pretty easy to use an Aid algorithm similar to what we have in Forge of Empires.
  1. Buff the Builder if there are any remaining spots. (Builder buffs are retained until they are actually used.)
  2. Buff the Cultural buildings, in the reverse order of what's on the build menu. (Culture buffs expire after 8 hours.)
  3. Buff the Main Hall. (The Main Hall can be buffed an unlimited number of times, except while it's being upgraded.)
And we'd just design our cites accordingly.

I'd actually prefer that the algorithmic Aid used the hand symbol in the Notification list, so that your neighbors will be included, but that's a detail.

DeletedUser560

That would work fine if there were not three different ways to help your fellowship when you visit. The whole process should take no longer than 10 minutes top. You can visit your fellowship every 23 hours, so if you make a habit of doing your visits around the same time everyday, you won't have continue visiting over and over to see if you can help. Seems like you are making this task much harder on yourself than it has to be. It's just a matter of setting a schedule to visit daily, then poof they are done in no time.

Yes I go by a schedule lol, but schedules change, whether for work hours, things to do, or just a page having to reload and you don't want to wait. Then I may be helping boost culture in the early evening for some, others in the morning...

DeletedUser828

Than you just have to keep up on the different times you choose to visit your Fellowship members, which as I said it sounds like you are just making it more difficult than it has to be. I would chose a time of day, that you know you have 10 minutes to do visits, and stick to that time frame. It just seems like it would make it easier for you if you did that. If your pages are loading at a slow pace, try playing on a different browser, some work faster than others.
In my Fellowship we have all chose a time of day to do them, whether it be Mornings, Afternoons, or Evenings because not everyone plays at the same time of day. We did this to try and spread the visits to help boost Culture throughout the day.

DeletedUser

E-I-G-H-T, 8 CLICKS from the fellowship tab to the last players on the 3rd page. Eight clicks to aid a player is Beyond ridiculous!

DeletedUser61

Start in a visited city:
  1. Click the shield in their profile
  2. Click Members
  3. Click the Last Page Arrow
  4. Click the Next Member (you can still see the name of the previous city)
  5. Click Visit
  6. Click the Hands
S-I-X, 6 clicks

My preference would be to use the Notification Log, rather than the Fellowship Roster, and click on a dynamic Hands Icon that indicates if it's been 23+ hours since I visited a city that visited me.
  • Clicking the Hand Idon could take you directly to that city WITH help enabled
  • Exiting the city (or clicking on the notification log if that easier to program) would take you BACK to the most recent location in Notification Log,
T-W-O, 2 clicks.

DeletedUser482

When you are on page 2 of your fellowship members, you have to click past page 1 to get there, so that adds an extra click. When you're on page 3 you have to do the same. It can speed things up if you use the globe first and visit members who are reachable on your map. Then when I click the shield I can skip the members I already visited via the map.

What would speed things up a lot is this: Have a tab for page 1 of members, another for page 2 and another tab for page 3. Then if you are on page 2 or 3, you don't have to keep clicking to go past pages 1 or 1 and 2. You just click back into the same tab where you are on the list.

Deleted User - 107391

Start in a visited city:
  1. Click the shield in their profile
  2. Click Members
  3. Click the Last Page Arrow
  4. Click the Next Member (you can still see the name of the previous city)
  5. Click Visit
  6. Click the Hands
S-I-X, 6 clicks

My preference would be to use the Notification Log, rather than the Fellowship Roster, and click on a dynamic Hands Icon that indicates if it's been 23+ hours since I visited a city that visited me.
  • Exiting the city (or clicking on the notification log if that easier to program) would take you BACK to the most recent location in Notification Log,
T-W-O, 2 clicks.

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES
(Was that enthusiastic enough?)

When you are on page 2 of your fellowship members, you have to click past page 1 to get there, so that adds an extra click. ...

What would speed things up a lot is this: Have a tab for page 1 of members, another for page 2 and another tab for page 3. Then if you are on page 2 or 3, you don't have to keep clicking to go past pages 1 or 1 and 2. You just click back into the same tab where you are on the list.

I don't see that working.

DeletedUser1161

Start in a visited city:
T-W-O, 2 clicks.
I love this suggestion, except I usually give help through the Fellowship Roster because I like to visit all 24 fellows.

I'd suggest two similar modifications to the Fellowship Roster for those of us who like to help that way.
  1. Always open the fellowship roster to the tab/page we used last. (Defaulting to Overview in your own fellowship is silly anyway.)
  2. Put a column with a dynamic Hand Icon on the Fellowship Roster. As in Katwijk's suggestion for the Notification Log, clicking the Hand Icon takes you to the fellow's city with help enabled.
This would make it easy to run down the fellowship list. Click the shield, the roster opens to the Member page you were just looking at. Click hands if they are activated, you go to the city with help enabled. Click a building. THREE clicks rather than seven.

I'm neutral on an aid algorithm. It would be faster, but I enjoy taking moment to look at my fellows' cities while I choose a building. Smart folks put the buildings they prefer to have buffed close to the main hall anyway.

DeletedUser61

We can have it both ways.
  • Right now, when you're visiting a city and you click on the Rank in THEIR portrait, you get a list that's focused on THEIR name.
  • MATCH that behavior when you click on the Shield in THEIR portrait, except that you'd get a FELLOWSHIP list that's focused on their name.
  • It would be convenient, but not fundamentally necessary, to replicate the dynamic visited city hands in the Fellowship list, whereby clicking on the hands IN THE LIST would both take you to that city AND activate the buff icons.
  • While we're at it, we could do EXACTLY the same thing in the Notification List, although that would require an additional token in the visited city portrait. I'd just as soon NOT depend on a blind return.
This would enable you to walk the Rank, Fellowship, and Notification lists, with a TOTAL of three clicks for each city, once you're underway on your rotation
  • One click on the hands to visit their city
  • One click on whatever they want you to buff
  • One click on the Rank, Shield, or Notification icon to jump (back) to the associated list, which would be focused on that particular player.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted User - 107391

I love this suggestion, except I usually give help through the Fellowship Roster because I like to visit all 24 fellows..

YEP

I'd suggest two similar modifications to the Fellowship Roster for those of us who like to help that way.
  1. Always open the fellowship roster to the tab/page we used last. (Defaulting to Overview in your own fellowship is silly anyway.)
  2. Put a column with a dynamic Hand Icon on the Fellowship Roster. As in Katwijk's suggestion for the Notification Log, clicking the Hand Icon takes you to the fellow's city with help enabled..
YES YES YES!

This would make it easy to run down the fellowship list. Click the shield, the roster opens to the Member page you were just looking at. Click hands if they are activated, you go to the city with help enabled. Click a building. THREE clicks rather than seven..

*drools*

I'm neutral on an aid algorithm. It would be faster, but I enjoy taking moment to look at my fellows' cities while I choose a building. Smart folks put the buildings they prefer to have buffed close to the main hall anyway.

Really important, I think, to at least have a casual look at other cities in the fellowship.

DeletedUser1176

Two simple things to make the game a lot smoother without a huge game over haul:

1: visit next in alliance button. or 2 arrows <- -> to visit higher rank and lower rank than the person you are currently visiting.
2: when you are on alliance> members: a little handshake symbol next to all you have already visited. (preferably with a countdown on the 24 hours)

please and thank you !

DeletedUser594

I'm adding to this discussion to let the dev's know that this issue has now curtailed my spending. I play in every world, I spend in every world. I don't mind spending money on a product I enjoy. When I play a new world I join or form a fellowship, buy one or two extra builders and usually end up buying a few more items--actually I have bought a few more items on every world I've played. But that is ending. The problem for me now is that I am slowed down entirely too much by neighborly help. The help system is wonky and time consuming. That was ok when there was one or two cities but entirely too much with more. This posting is just to give you guys a heads up that this problem is directly impacting diamond purchases/spending for me personally.

DeletedUser61

Here's the technique that I use for my world rotations:
  • Start with the upper right city, and sequence Right to Left, Top to Bottom
  • Click on the city
  • Click the hands (why is this necessary??)
  • Click the (indicated) type of object
  • Click the WORLD icon at the bottom of the screen (This is the important concept)
  • Rinse and Repeat
The visitation awards, which are SUBSTANTIAL, depend solely on the on the level of OWN town hall, and if you're returning a visit you'll get supplies as well. Short of not visiting the cities at all, and using some sort of reduced value AID button, I don't really see how the neighborhood rotations can get any more efficient.

I think that ALL of the "hands" icon should DEFAULT to showing the buff icons. I don't understand why it needs to be clicked.

If clicking on the Fellowship icon returned us to the Fellowship list, focused on that player, it would be equally efficient.

We need an ADDITIONAL icon in the visited profile, that would likewise return us to the Negotiation List, and we need dynamic "hands" in all of the lists to indicate WHEN we can still buff someone. Similarly, the accepted trades need a separate symbol for a discoverer trader, and one that we can't reach.

FINALLY, I do agree with you that the "everybody aids everybody every day" policies are burdensome. I do a rotation when I have the time and/or need a few extra coin or supplies.