• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Stuck at my current stage

DeletedUser25344

I need more people to upgrade any buildings and I dont have enough space to upgrade my houses to level 5 from level 4. Also I cant get anymore land expansions currently because my troops get defeated in every battle

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
On battle
When you are "young" it is often easier to bribe than to fight.
The best advice, that comes up often, join a good fellowship. The bigger cities can help you with resources to use for that.

As far as population. That is a common problem for newer cities. Sometimes you have to take it slow. Also remember that quality beats quantity. If you have 12 Plank factories, you might find that selling four of them to make space and get resources to upgrade the other four will put you farther ahead.

Also

Upgrade your Main Hall every chance you get.
Make that a priority.

Fayeanne

Upgrading the Main Hall costs population. ;)

You will get more land expansions through the technology tree as well, not just from clearing provinces. So you aren't permanently stuck. Until then, it's true, you may need to sell a building or two to make space temporarily. Or perhaps rearrange the city to be more space-efficient.

Remember the game is a marathon, not a sprint. :)

AtaguS

Remember the game is a marathon, not a sprint. :)
Such good advice. It's easy to want to sprint, and I'm sure Inno knows that. But things get so much more chill when you pace yourself. It's one reason I actually like the events and FAs...they force me to slow down and remember that.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I need more people to upgrade any buildings and I dont have enough space to upgrade my houses to level 5 from level 4. Also I cant get anymore land expansions currently because my troops get defeated in every battle
If there is space in your city wasted on nonboosted items, you might want to sell those and concentrate only on your boosts. You can trade for whatever else you need and people will pick up trades fairly quickly if they are good trades. For example, I almost always trade 1000 of my boosted item for 950 of my nonboosts. It's only a five percent discount, not that much so it doesn't hurt me, but my trades get snapped up pretty quickly while the one star and sometimes even two star sit for a while. While still in chapter one, concentrate on your tier one boost (whichever it is, planks, steel or marble.) I was able to build up pretty quickly by doing that. Oh and make sure you don't overscout. Those overscouted provinces will not change to an easier level after you research ... they will stay the difficult level. But if you wait until you've researched, those provinces will get easier to scout and win, making them much more do-able later. Good luck!

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
You have quite a lot of extra road. Road on the outside is only feeding one building, while it could feed two in the middle. Also, put big buildings and culture that doesn't need a road on the outside of your city, to avoid wasting road by running it past them.

Consider turning this:
1581701903702.png

into this:
1581702625147.png

Which gets a bunch more room for upgrading houses or building more.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
Ash made some good points
I would also mention
Unless they are there to fulfill Event tasks
You should dump your Plank and Steel factories
Your boosts are Marble, Silk, Gems, and that's all you should build. Produce your boosts and trade for the other goods.

I also have a personal problem with that orphan marble mine Ash stuck over on the left side.
For me it is easier to keep like buildings together.