• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Stuck...how to get un-_____

• Thread starter Deleted User - 841850
  • Start date

Deleted User - 841850

Okay, I’m totally stuck! Could anyone please explain the thought process behind building placement, I’ve got this great city plan from Soggy Shorts, but can’t see my way to implementing it. First I have to mention that a lot of “life happens” stuff came down the pike and has kept me from the game. Then when I did get a chance to do anything, while I got rid of a few things I’ve been dithering about what to keep and what to toss, as many of my culture pieces have pop attached and I don’t want to lose too much.
Part of my problem is being a pack rat and never wanting to throw stuff away. I am partial to my “horses”, read “unicorns” and don’t want to let them go although I did trade an older silver unicorn for the newest one, telling myself, “it’s alright it’s the same guy, just healthier…hey it’s a power up for him, phew feel much better!
The other part is that I have a hard time doing cost/benefit amylases i.e. what can go and what can stay that will be best for my city. I notice that buildings have a rating per square which I’m sure is the answer to making a determination and every so often I will look at those stats and try to make them work for me. However since as I have mentioned previously, my basic math skills stink, I mostly just end up spacing out then going…wait…what?. I usually end up just choosing a build in order of what has pop first, after that it’s goods, then culture. I don’t know whether this is sound or not as I notice that whenever I want to make changes I end up losing people and while I have so far been able to get them back and even gain, I feel that I may not be running my city very efficiently.,

Also I currently have 2 extensions ready to use but I don’t want to just plop them down. Despite appearances, I really do try to plan out how my city grows (I know pfft like a weed, I heard that!:))

While I’m asking….if you know that you may be away from the game and can do something about it, what’s you game plan?

And… exhibits A-Z for the People against the Packrat: Below are what I’ve got in my summoning’s! I could probably build a whole new viable city with what I’ve got in storage! What do I do with any of this stuff, disenchant it, and if so which items? Also since I have gotten to Woodelves, should I be junking/disenchanting anything that does not give mana (that also includes selling things that I have already placed)? For example, my mana huts, currently in storage are rated at 1350 (56/h) elixir per day or 225 every 4 hr (early collect), use 'em or lose 'em?

Mage Multiplier- 1 (Chapter 1) 5 (Fairies).
Unleashed Unit Upgrade- 3 (Fairies) 2 (Orcs)
Orc Nest- 1 (Fairies) 1 (Orcs and Goblins)
Branchwood of Nuts- 1 (Fairies)
Herds Gathering- 1 (Dwarves)
Great Auction- 1 (Dwarves)
Traveling Merchant !!- (planks/silk)-1 (Dwarves)
Blue Tree Enclosure-1 (Dwarves)
Green Tree Enclosure- 1 (Dwarves)

Wishing Well 2 (Orcs and Goblins) 1 (Woodelves)

From Orcs and Goblins: From Woodelves:

Woodelvenstock Yeti Quarters

Smallest Room 2 Clocktower Owls (winter set)

Orc Playground Stable of the Snow Owl (winter set)

Mystcical Lake Winter Fair (winter set)

Chicken Glade Snowy Charming Tree

Festival Merchant Kirit Weasal God of Night Fruit (fall set)

Ferris Wheel Frozen Unicorn

Elves Stage A Sleightful of Ice Cubes

Festival Camping Grounds Headless Halloween

Festival Booth Cornucopia Sanctuary (fall set)

Magical Mana Hut 2 Valorian Valor

Mother Dragon Stone of the Stars

Tomato Contest
Elvenade Factory Outlet

It's a lot, I know, If you've gotten to this point, thanks for taking a look!

shimmerfly

Okay, I’m totally stuck! Could anyone please explain the thought process behind building placement, I’ve got this great city plan from Soggy Shorts, but can’t see my way to implementing it.

This is a good place to focus first. Soggy does all the math and I'm sure his suggestions are good. You have to start somewhere.
As for all the extras in your inventory, be brave and disenchant something old that isn't worth much. Little steps?

Deleted User - 841850

I totally agree with you there, but I got the impression that the plan was a little open ended on what to keep, so I got jammed up. The first time Soggy did this for me he had included what was to be tossed and so probably decided to let me think for myself this time around. Which is something that I would love to do, unfortunately I'm getting bogged down in the details and can't see the forest for the trees.

DeletedUser9601

First, unplaced expansions?!? YOU MONSTER!! jk of course. But place that stuff! Especially when we talk about the culture and pop/culture stuff you have in your inventory that don't need roads. That being said, comments in CAPS

Mage Multiplier- 1 (Chapter 1) 5 (Fairies). KEEP - MILITARY BUILDINGS DONT REALLY WORRY ABOUT CHAPTER. THE BENEFIT IS THE UNIT BOOST, WHICH IS STATIC FROM CHAPTER TO CHAPTER
Unleashed Unit Upgrade- 3 (Fairies) 2 (Orcs). SAME
Orc Nest- 1 (Fairies) 1 (Orcs and Goblins). I'D DUST. I FIND THAT RUNNING 2-3 ARMORIES PRODUCES MORE THAN ENOUGH ORCS OVER TIME. IF YOURE ACTUALLY STRAPPED FOR SPACE, I CANT IMAGINE USING THESE
Branchwood of Nuts- 1 (Fairies). DUST.
Herds Gathering- 1 (Dwarves). DUST. TOO LOW LEVEL
Great Auction- 1 (Dwarves). DUST. SAME
Traveling Merchant !!- (planks/silk)-1 (Dwarves). DUST. I HATE TMS
Blue Tree Enclosure-1 (Dwarves). DUST
Green Tree Enclosure- 1 (Dwarves). DUST

Wishing Well 2 (Orcs and Goblins) 1 (Woodelves). HARD TO SAY. DO YOU BUY DIAMONDS? WHAT LEVEL IS YOUR BUILDER OR MAGIC ACADEMY? IF YOU NEVER BUY DIAMONDS, PLOP THEM DOWN NOW AND SLOWLY COLLECT THEM.

Ok, I started to go line-by-line, but let's step back. The reality is that you have, based on Soggy's layout, 8 expansions to fill up with these cultural buildings. Now, consider the following: Woodelves buildings have WAY MORE stat points than every prior chapter. So most buildings pre-Woodelves are going to be significantly worse.

So my advice would be to do everything I can to fill out my city with those Woodelves-era event buildings. Especially buildings that were grand prizes, and especially anything from the current event. Once you've placed those buildings, take a look at the orc-era buildings. You have a lot of pop/culture buildings, so I'd take a look at whichever once provide the most population (chicken glade, elvees stage) that don't need roads, and find a way to fit them in.
Whatever you can't place now based on your city space, DUST! Everything you earn in the future will be better than what is in your inventory. And all that dust might mean you can build 2-3 more Woodelves-era culture buildings.

Deleted User - 841850

Cool this is just what I needed to hear. I tend to jump in and act with the resulting hearty regret later. I had thought about tossing some of the things that you had mentioned and actually deleted some stuff, but wasn't sure if I was thinking sensibly. Also due to pack rattiness, I wanted to hang on to stuff that I thought was...cute, like the Herds Gathering....awww, I mean I did know that there was no benefit to placement but....awww. (I tend to be attracted to and get attached to the things that are really appealing to me. For example, I could not wait to get rid of the Daunting Pumpkins (totally gross looking) but don't want to let go of my Elder Dragon Oracle or get rid of my Mother Dragon (I really like dragons!))). However that being said, I can now go in to my inventory and begin to clear stuff out with confidence....deep breath, will be deleting Herds Gathering, amongst other things. Thanks for the advice!

DeletedUser20396

If you stick the two expansions next to each other, then you can put stuff on it like residences if nothing else. The more culture you have the more coins your residences give you. And don't over think this out, it supposed to be fun, remember? So have fun, build like an architect, And Most Importantly, Do What You Want To Do!!! No one else is building your city but you, and if you join a fellowship, you can give neighborly help and collect coins, treasure chest, supplies and advice. Hope you learned something.

Deleted User - 841850

If you stick the two expansions next to each other, then you can put stuff on it like residences if nothing else. The more culture you have the more coins your residences give you. And don't over think this out, it supposed to be fun, remember? So have fun, build like an architect, And Most Importantly, Do What You Want To Do!!! No one else is building your city but you, and if you join a fellowship, you can give neighborly help and collect coins, treasure chest, supplies and advice. Hope you learned something.
Build like an architect...that's my biggest problem I build like someone whose got 2 left feet for dancing!:)
Overall though, this is great advice, I do tend to overthink, I mean what's the worse that could happen, no one's going to fire me or anything, right? Watch, I'll be the first player whose citizens rose up in revolt! and burn me in effigy!:)
Also I do belong to a fellowship and we help each other out when we can but many of us are learning the game at the same time. I'm a mage in 4th spot in the FS and don't know as much as that status implies. However, that's okay, I ask questions, find out, and share new found knowledge, and that's probably one of the things that is supposed to happen in a FS especially if you're a mage, right?, so It's as they say..."all good", I hope!
btw-Anytime we get a new member, when I welcome them, I always tell them to have fun! Thanks for reminding me to do the same!

Deleted User - 841850

Started the deconstruct/rebuild. It's going better than I thought. I deleted about 50 level 1 workshops, 20 level 1 and 4 level 4 marble shops that I had used to complete the main event quest line and ended up with more room to maneuver than I realized. I was able to shift things around and while I'm still going to have to sell stuff here and there, it shouldn't be so difficult.Thanks everyone for listening and commenting. I like to hear others thoughts and ideas, it helps me think things through for my own game plan.

DeletedUser20396

I have to delete my work a lot to rebuild something. Mostly, I filled up a lot of space with lamp post. Understand completely.