• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Stuck in the Misty Forest

YuriKaa

Looks like I placed a candle in the wrong spot! Does this mean I can't do anything else for the whole event?

Oh, and I can't attach the screenshot... The candle is in the one open spot in row 2. Now blocking access to all else.

What do I do? Please help!

YuriKaa

Without a screen shot, it might be hard for us to understand the problem.

EDIT: The game just kicked me off, so I wonder if there was a bug they are resolving.
[/QUOTE]

I'm trying to figure out how to reduce the file size of my screen shot.
Aaargh! I'd much rather play the game than try and figure out technology...

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
solve encounters quests .. so the 4 fights in 1 for tournament count as 1 encounter now not 4 like before .. seems like a penalty stroke )
When the new tourney structure was introduced in Beta and on the EN server, the event quests were changed to allow 1 tourney encounter to equal 1 map encounter. This was because the cost of 1 tourney encounter under the new structure was supposed to be similar to the cost of 4 tourney encounters under the old structure. They allowed that change to event quests to follow the events to the live servers even though the tourney structure had not yet been changed on live. My understanding was there was some complaining from players on those servers about the 'perk' given to the live server players that was never available to them. So, I don't view it as a penalty, more as a temporary boon that has now evened out.

NightshadeCS

I have now gone through and opened up quite a bit of mist. If you feel like you are stuck, try hovering the candle over different spots. You should be able to find one that will work.

The mist works in two stages, being able to see what is under it, which is revealed when an adjacent square is lit up by your light. Then it needs to be cleared totally of the mist with another light source before you can collect it or move forward.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Without a screen shot, it might be hard for us to understand the problem.

EDIT: The game just kicked me off, so I wonder if there was a bug they are resolving.

I'm trying to figure out how to reduce the file size of my screen shot.
Aaargh! I'd much rather play the game than try and figure out technology...
[/QUOTE]
YuriKaa, welcome to the forum. I hope you'll stick around. New faces are always welcome. :)

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Ok folks
There is one way to start the map. The 3rd square in the 1st column on the left lights up when you pick up a candle.
Click on that.
Now the spot in the next column will light up, and it is the only way through the barrier. Click your candle on it. Often there is prize in this square, but you are in a barrier row.
Click on the spot in the next column, right next to where you are.
At this point there may be prizes visible in cleared spots. Return the candle to 'home' by clicking again on candles.
Move your mouse to prizes cleared of fogs, and click on them.
Now choose a light source to illuminate your next move, maybe a lantern. This move may illuminate more prizes. And by now you may be able to see what is meant by:
Cleared of fog
Containing a prize
Cleared areas illuminate the squares adjacent to them.
The spots where you can use a light source have a bright patch to guide you.

Best of luck :)