• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Stuck on Quest for 20 Residences at level 22...

LisaMV

Good Day O Wise Ones of Elvenar!

I am currently, or will be shortly, stuck for a long time on this particular Quest. Is it foolish to decline it when I can?
Perhaps it is because I am addicted to pop/cul buildings, and have particular space requirements due to not being a fighter, but I cannot find room for those even after buying 2 expansions! argh.

In my 1st city I am finally at 18 of the 20, but have smallr Magic Residences that I will upgrade as I get blueprints. It seems absurd to me, now that I have spent weeks looking at that @#$% quest, which is blocking all forward quest movement.

I throw myself upon the Court of Wisdom.
Help, please!
:oops:

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
You have 4 cities according to elvenstats.com On which worlds are the cities in question?

AJ

DeletedUser27062

Good Day O Wise Ones of Elvenar!

I am currently, or will be shortly, stuck for a long time on this particular Quest. Is it foolish to decline it when I can?
Perhaps it is because I am addicted to pop/cul buildings, and have particular space requirements due to not being a fighter, but I cannot find room for those even after buying 2 expansions! argh.

In my 1st city I am finally at 18 of the 20, but have smallr Magic Residences that I will upgrade as I get blueprints. It seems absurd to me, now that I have spent weeks looking at that @#$% quest, which is blocking all forward quest movement.

I throw myself upon the Court of Wisdom.
Help, please!
:oops:
The first quest I ever declined was the one where you're supposed to reduce your culture down to less than 150% to get neighbourly help. I did it in my first city and immediately regretted it because this quest comes along quite early in the game when it was crucial to keep your culture up.

Decline quests that hurt your city - they weren't designed with everyone in mind.

LisaMV

The first quest I ever declined was the one where you're supposed to reduce your culture down to less than 150% to get neighbourly help. I did it in my first city and immediately regretted it because this quest comes along quite early in the game when it was crucial to keep your culture up.
Decline quests that hurt your city - they weren't designed with everyone in mind.

Thank you! This is a very good point re the 'one-size-doesn't fit all' quests...
I ignored the questline completely in my first city, because I couldn't get on the forum, had no FS, and was flailing in the dark ~ thought culture was dumb, etc, etc lol. SInce realizing the error of my ways, I have been trying hard to be a good doobie and keep up, which involved declining a tremendous number of dwarves quests 2 chapters behind. This is the only reason I hesitate now ~ still making reparations, I guess!

NightshadeCS

Some people want to complete all the quests for their own personal completionist award.

I always take a look at the reward being offered and the effort it will take to complete the quest. If the reward is something very valuable (or something I need a lot of at that time, so valuable to ME), then I may make extra effort to complete that quest.

Time is a different issue. If you wait too long to complete some quests, you may have already sold the guest race buildings that produce the goods for future quests and have to decline those. So, I find it is good to try and keep up as much as possible, but not sweat it too much if you don't complete them all.

DeletedUser27062

Some people want to complete all the quests for their own personal completionist award.

I always take a look at the reward being offered and the effort it will take to complete the quest. If the reward is something very valuable (or something I need a lot of at that time, so valuable to ME), then I may make extra effort to complete that quest.

Time is a different issue. If you wait too long to complete some quests, you may have already sold the guest race buildings that produce the goods for future quests and have to decline those. So, I find it is good to try and keep up as much as possible, but not sweat it too much if you don't complete them all.
sometimes I like getting a little backed up on quests. When you solve that sticky one then whoosh! It's a veritable torrent of green quests rewards for all the other things you've achieved during your struggle time!

Last edited by a moderator:

Fayeanne

Ah ha ha, I remember that quest. I was bound and determined to complete every non-random quest...but at the time most of my population was coming from event buildings so I had something like 7 residences. And the quest wanted 20. It took me weeks to build them all.

And then when I finally got done with that, the very next quest was something along the lines of build 15 max-level Workshops...

LisaMV

@Fayeanne
omg, right?! Maybe they set those before they had events at all, and have never updated the quest list?
:rolleyes:

ha ha, thanks for making me laugh about it!

Henroo

Oh Wise One
If you only have 18 of the 20 residences required, I would skip it. Even if you had the room to build them, it would take days to start 2 new houses and upgrade them all the way to level 22. Actually it would probably be more like a week. And during that week, 2 builders would be completely occupied upgrading residences. And you will spend millions of gold and a fair bit of other resources such as supplies and goods doing all the upgrades. The cost is going to be WAY more than whatever the quest gives you.