• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Suddenly, my Elvenar game (android) pulls up a different Google Play account for purchases. How to fix? (Warning=Long Post)

Marlayna

Okay, I am stumped ... no idea what to do ... no idea who to ask ... or how to contact them.

I've been playing Elvenar on my android devices, for almost a year ... played primarily on my phone, for the last 6 months or so.
All this time, my Elvenar game has been attached to my personal Google Play account, just as my other android mobile games are.
I mainly play games just on my phone, & only on my own Google account.
All my Google Play POINTS are earned & used that way, too.
All of my games had been working fine ... all purchases went through my own Google Play account, as they should.
+ My Elvenar is connected to my Facebook account, solely for simple log-in purposes.

Note = I do have other Google Play accounts attached to my main account, for my kids.
However, no one has logged into those other accounts, in ages, and definitely not on my android phone.
The kids do not use those accounts much anymore, and only I have the log-in info.

Suddenly, a few days ago, and without any indication as to why, my Elvenar game switched which Google Play account it would let me purchase anything through.
I had not logged in or out of the game, or my Google account, nor restarted my phone or any other device, nor had I done any updates or installs, since my last successful purchase a day or so prior.
I am sure my kids did not, either. ... +They do not even play Elvenar.

Anyways ... Everything was fine, working great, then BANG!
All of a sudden, when I tapped to purchase a little Elvenar Booster Pack, for the end of the current event, it ONLY brings up one of my kids' Google Play accounts to pay for it through.
Since there is no payment method attached to that account, I could not proceed.
I checked around, I had not changed anything ... had not logged into any other account.
I made sure I was on MY Google account.
I checked on a few other games to make sure they were not somehow "automatically switched too", & they were still fine/still using the correct acount.
(Note = This has ONLY happened in my Elvenar game, any NOT any of my other android mobile games.)

I logged in & out of Elvenar a few times, through Facebook log-in & regular.
I checked for an Elvenar Update, there was one, so I installed it (NOTE = this update was AFTER this boo-boo started happening, but it did not fix it).
Nothing stopped it from bringing up the wrong Google account when I went to purchase that Booster Pack. =(!
I thought for sure that this had to be something goofing up in the Google Play system, but no other game is having this issue AND nothing I change via that route fixes this.
I really think it is on Elvenar's side. ... This issue really seems to only kick in when the Elvenar game connects to Google Play to make purchases through it.

Not wanting to miss the Elvenar Booster Sale, I temporarily used my Paypal account to purchase it on that other account (& immediately deleted my Paypal from that Google account, of course).

Out of desperation to "try everything", I added a few Google Play Credits straight onto my account ... then, tried again, to no avail.
The game STILL only brings up the wrong account to pull funds from.
It does not "see" my account or credits. ... There is no option to choose, or switch to, the correct account.

I logged into the Elvenar Game via my laptop computer & checked everything there.
It is the same. Log out, log back in = the same.
I did that with the game, my Google account, & everything else I could think of = the same.
I restarted each device, uninstalled&reinstalled the game from my phone, I cleared memory caches, checked for updates on everything = the same.
+I even deleted the "wrong" Google account FROM MY PHONE = but the game still brings it up, on my phone.

So, now I have credits on my account, but can't use them on my Elvenar game, like I had intended to, since it won't bring up the proper account.
+The Google Play POINTS from my last booster purchase on the wrong Google account through Paypal, actually went onto that account and NOT my Google account = can't use those.

I TRIED to find a way to contact a human, to ask for help with Google & the game. ... That's a no go, apparently. ... Or I just didn't go about it the right way (?).

Suggestions?
Is anyone else having this same type of issue?
Thanks in advance! =}

Huor

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheSilphRoad/comments/doieq7

I don't have this issue, but I was curious. This may help as anything I looked up appeared to be a cache issue that needs to be cleared.

On a side note, before you buy anything through the app, check the prices on the browser first! On a diamond purchase for example, on the app you get 2100 diamonds for the $20, but if you buy through the browser, you get 2400 for the same price. I asked support about this. Google just charges a higher premium.

Deleted User - 1178646

Okay, I am stumped ... no idea what to do ... no idea who to ask ... or how to contact them.

I've been playing Elvenar on my android devices, for almost a year ... played primarily on my phone, for the last 6 months or so.
All this time, my Elvenar game has been attached to my personal Google Play account, just as my other android mobile games are.
I mainly play games just on my phone, & only on my own Google account.
All my Google Play POINTS are earned & used that way, too.
All of my games had been working fine ... all purchases went through my own Google Play account, as they should.
+ My Elvenar is connected to my Facebook account, solely for simple log-in purposes.

Note = I do have other Google Play accounts attached to my main account, for my kids.
However, no one has logged into those other accounts, in ages, and definitely not on my android phone.
The kids do not use those accounts much anymore, and only I have the log-in info.

Suddenly, a few days ago, and without any indication as to why, my Elvenar game switched which Google Play account it would let me purchase anything through.
I had not logged in or out of the game, or my Google account, nor restarted my phone or any other device, nor had I done any updates or installs, since my last successful purchase a day or so prior.
I am sure my kids did not, either. ... +They do not even play Elvenar.

Anyways ... Everything was fine, working great, then BANG!
All of a sudden, when I tapped to purchase a little Elvenar Booster Pack, for the end of the current event, it ONLY brings up one of my kids' Google Play accounts to pay for it through.
Since there is no payment method attached to that account, I could not proceed.
I checked around, I had not changed anything ... had not logged into any other account.
I made sure I was on MY Google account.
I checked on a few other games to make sure they were not somehow "automatically switched too", & they were still fine/still using the correct acount.
(Note = This has ONLY happened in my Elvenar game, any NOT any of my other android mobile games.)

I logged in & out of Elvenar a few times, through Facebook log-in & regular.
I checked for an Elvenar Update, there was one, so I installed it (NOTE = this update was AFTER this boo-boo started happening, but it did not fix it).
Nothing stopped it from bringing up the wrong Google account when I went to purchase that Booster Pack. =(!
I thought for sure that this had to be something goofing up in the Google Play system, but no other game is having this issue AND nothing I change via that route fixes this.
I really think it is on Elvenar's side. ... This issue really seems to only kick in when the Elvenar game connects to Google Play to make purchases through it.

Not wanting to miss the Elvenar Booster Sale, I temporarily used my Paypal account to purchase it on that other account (& immediately deleted my Paypal from that Google account, of course).

Out of desperation to "try everything", I added a few Google Play Credits straight onto my account ... then, tried again, to no avail.
The game STILL only brings up the wrong account to pull funds from.
It does not "see" my account or credits. ... There is no option to choose, or switch to, the correct account.

I logged into the Elvenar Game via my laptop computer & checked everything there.
It is the same. Log out, log back in = the same.
I did that with the game, my Google account, & everything else I could think of = the same.
I restarted each device, uninstalled&reinstalled the game from my phone, I cleared memory caches, checked for updates on everything = the same.
+I even deleted the "wrong" Google account FROM MY PHONE = but the game still brings it up, on my phone.

So, now I have credits on my account, but can't use them on my Elvenar game, like I had intended to, since it won't bring up the proper account.
+The Google Play POINTS from my last booster purchase on the wrong Google account through Paypal, actually went onto that account and NOT my Google account = can't use those.

I TRIED to find a way to contact a human, to ask for help with Google & the game. ... That's a no go, apparently. ... Or I just didn't go about it the right way (?).

Suggestions?
Is anyone else having this same type of issue?
Thanks in advance! =}

It's based on your account settings in your phone, it's not related to the app.
1 Account is the primary account thaty google play uses. you have to get to your account settings and figure out how to set the account that you want to be your google play account.

And yes buy the premium in your browser and not in the app, the 30% cut that apple / google take are factored into the app prices so you get only 70% of the value as diamonds., but the browser will give you the full 100% as they do not have to pay 30% to apple / google.

Marlayna

Sadly, I did make sure the Google Play account was correct in my Account Settings ... several times.
Hopefully, one of these times I clear cache & recheck it, it'll finally click back into place. ... =}
I figure I'll check it a few times per day ... via phone & computer, browsers & Google Play App, and give it a few more days until I blow a gasket. ;)

Thanks, tremendously, for the purchase suggestion!
Something good has come of this issue, already. ;)!

Marlayna

Hey, everyone ... It was indeed a memory / cache issue ... in my Android phone.
It cleared itself, on it's own (I think), just a couple of days later.
I still have no idea what happened to cause it, and am still not sure what I did, exactly, to help fix it, if at all.
Huge Thanks!!!