• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Suggestion - I don't have privilege to post under suggestions

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Trades are already sorted so that all trades that you can take are at the top, and ones you can't are below.
Once you see a trade that you can't take you can stop looking because ALL of the rest will also be ones that you can't take.

BTW as a new player you are much better off posting trades for what you need rather than hunting and hoping to find ones that are already posted..

Aritra

Trades are already sorted so that all trades that you can take are at the top, and ones you can't are below.
Once you see a trade that you can't take you can stop looking because ALL of the rest will also be ones that you can't take.
And not only are they sorted to the bottom, they're greyed out. Both mobile and browser.
You can see you don't have the ability to take it or any of the others following (not just a failed attempt when you select)

Gladiola

If you are really desperate for something and the offer is too big for you to take, you can try messaging the other person and asking them to post smaller or if they will take your trade for something smaller. Also, if a trade has a fee for you and it's posted by a bigger player, you can see if they will take your trade if you post it, because it likely won't have a fee for them.

Guurt The Destroyer

As a new player with a young city I can say trades that are less than 50 items tend to go pretty quick. Maybe I just got a lucky location, but every time I posted a small trade (even before I joined a Fellowship) it was filled in less than 1 hour. Almost every trade in my feed is 500 items or more, so either people are desperate for small trades or bigger cities just always took pity on me.

I don't think I have ever managed to find a trade that I could afford without asking someone to post it before hand.... at one point I asked my Fellowship to post some small trades (less than 20) so I could fulfill a quest and the problem was that they were taken by other people faster than I could switch back to the trade window to accept them.

Gladiola

@Guurt The Destroyer I think bigger cities usually will pick up small trades if they can. I do it for the smaller players around me, and I just started chapter 4. I will take pretty much anything under 100 as long as it's a 2-star trade (even cross-tier, even if what's offered is my boosted good).

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
@Guurt The Destroyer When I was stranded on a desert map with mostly coin pits galore all around, the small handful of us actives really banded together to help each other out. There was a big neighbor that helped me and I helped the smaller neighbors. One of the smaller neighbors was able to grow fast enough that he was promoted to mage in his FS, which was also full of small cities. We worked out a system that he posts a bunch of trades where the big ones are what he needs, which I will grab, and leave the little ones for his FS to help them grow. At first his "big" trades were 100 and the little ones were 20s. Then it was 5000 and 200s. Eventually, we all got swept in a neighborhood move and are no longer neighbors, but it was fun watching his trades grow. It's def easier and more efficient for little cities to list trades than try to hunt bite sized trades. It's in your neighbors' interest to help you grow since you're a potential future trading partner :)

Aritra

It's funny how the perspective of big and small evolves. I remember when my city was new and my trades small. Seeing the size some of the quantities listed in my trader was a bit crazy. Over time, the quantities I post edged bigger and now my standard default is 5000. I usually do multiples so I could post 10-20K but I limit to 5K to be available to a wider audience (breaking it down to 1000, or infrequently smaller, if they sit for too long). I know it will continue to climb and seeing the trades of cities even larger than mine show me the future, lol!