• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Suggestion re. expansion prices

DeletedUser2959

Offer me a BOGO on expansions and I'll buy at least two. But there is no way on God's green Earth that I'll drop 3400 diamonds on 25 squares. I doubt I'm alone in this. At this price point I cannot justify the cost for a minimal upgrade. How minimal? Well, right now I have 121 expansions so the 3400 diamond price gives me less than a 1% upgrade to my city size. Even if I were wealthy I'd balk at that. Ask yourself what's more profitable (considering there is no cost to you for expansions) selling 1x/ year at the current price of 10x at half? Of course I cannot guarantee that expansion sales will increase tenfold, but I bet they will.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Why? For the last 10%-off Expansion sale, I had enough diamonds from Wishing Wells, Spire prizes, and a minimum purchase with the 100%-extra sale a couple of weeks before that, to buy two premium expansions. one at 2300 diamonds and one at 2600 diamonds, or a total of 4410 diamonds after the discount. My next expansion will be 3000 diamonds, so I am two behind you and the prices does not bother me, so long as we keep access to free diamond sources. But if Wishing Wells did not exist, or were much more limited, then yes, I would also think the expansions were overpriced.

Or think about it this way. If you only buy diamonds with a 100%-extra sale, and only use those diamonds for expansions, and then only buy those expansions with the 10% off-sale, it is like you are getting two expansions for the price of one, just like you want.

obeyusa

Diamond sales are rare, and 100% sales are even more rare. In two years I've never had a 100% offer. Also, the new premium expansion prices are so ridiculous, even though you have to have premium expansions to be competitive in the game. It would cost me 9000 diamonds for my next expansion. Assuming I don't get diamond sales it would cost me nearly 1000 USD to unlock the remaining premium expansions, and if I rely on wishing wells it would take close to a decade to accumulate all of the diamonds needed. Don't get me wrong, a 100% diamond sale comes my way, I'll go big on it, but I am in a place in life that I can. Not everyone has the luxury. I know micro-transactions get a lot of shit, but they give us many games like this one without expecting the developers to work at a loss. I think better/ more frequent offers on purchases would encourage more spending and then get the devs a lot more money to let them focus on growing the game versus scraping by to fix bugs and such.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Diamond sales are rare, and 100% sales are even more rare. In two years I've never had a 100% offer. Also, the new premium expansion prices are so ridiculous, even though you have to have premium expansions to be competitive in the game. It would cost me 9000 diamonds for my next expansion. Assuming I don't get diamond sales it would cost me nearly 1000 USD to unlock the remaining premium expansions, and if I rely on wishing wells it would take close to a decade to accumulate all of the diamonds needed. Don't get me wrong, a 100% diamond sale comes my way, I'll go big on it, but I am in a place in life that I can. Not everyone has the luxury. I know micro-transactions get a lot of shit, but they give us many games like this one without expecting the developers to work at a loss. I think better/ more frequent offers on purchases would encourage more spending and then get the devs a lot more money to let them focus on growing the game versus scraping by to fix bugs and such.

The randomness of who sees which sale can be frustrating. In my 3+ years of playing, I have probably seen at least 10 100% extra sales, and probably bought the minimum package at least 5 of those times. As for wishing wells, if you can put out a decent number of them, like 15+, then the diamonds will add up faster than you think. You should easily get 2000+ diamonds in a month from 15 wells.

obeyusa

The randomness of who sees which sale can be frustrating. In my 3+ years of playing, I have probably seen at least 10 100% extra sales, and probably bought the minimum package at least 5 of those times. As for wishing wells, if you can put out a decent number of them, like 15+, then the diamonds will add up faster than you think. You should easily get 2000+ diamonds in a month from 15 wells.
Well I've been holding on to every wishing well I get since they started. Maybe at the end of chapter 15 (about half way there!) I'll put them all out and get the remaining premium expansions that way. I'd still like to get a 100% diamond offer though since I like contributing fiscally to the development of this game.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
I am also waiting for a 100% :diamond: sale. FYI, I went years without ever seeing a 100% sale. It wasn't until I stopped buying :diamond: on a regular basis that I started getting them occasionally. For the 2 new premium expansions I needed 14,000 :diamond: & 14,500 :diamond:. I accumulated enough :diamond: from wishing wells to get the 14,000 :diamond: one. Now I'm waiting on the 14,500 :diamond: last premium expansion. I'm fine for now without it so no problem waiting for a 100% :diamond: sale offer and/or accumulating :diamond: from wishing wells and whatever other ones I get along the way. However I accumulate the :diamond: I will also wait for a 10% off on the expansion sale. There really are multiple ways to lessen the pain of how much they cost :cool: