• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Summer Event: March of the Herds

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Last edited:

DeletedUser8779

Well, any Elf race player who isn't into the Academy tier would probably get use out of the Vallorian Valor to have early access to an actually useful heavy melee unit.

Amen to that! I've gotten access to Valorian Guards via the Herd's March and they've been just superb in the Tournaments for me. I'm just a bit overscouted right now so I can't use them otherwise, but it won't be more than a week or so and I'll be able to see how they do in non-tourney combat. If they're even close to what I've seen so far, I'll be a happy li'l noob. :p

DeletedUser9469

You could get more unicorns instead. I'm never sure if players know that they can win more than 1 of the same item.

For me, I wanted to make sure I had beets for the stuff that I really wanted to get. So, now at the end, I was able to get 3 orc strategists and 4 rainbow unicorns. I would have much rather had a couple more valorian valors but that was so early in the quest that I didn't want to miss out on something awesome... But hey, with the final prize tomorrow I will hopefully get a handful of Rocky Enclosures

DeletedUser8752

Personally I spent all of my remaining beets on unicorns, they just last much longer. I still have a couple chapter 4 rainbow unicorns in my chapter 10 city--there's just always room for a 2x1 that doesn't need a road.

Same here. I can always fit another 2x1 if I really need just a little extra oomph. Don't mind having a few of those waiting to be whipped out when needed.

Tauriel Dragonwood

Oh great! This event is for the birds or maybe for the Orcs. Just finished gaining 222,000 supplies. Why am I not happy? Well because now I need to produce Advanced Tools 30x and ... gain more supplies. 296,000 supplies to be exact! And when the quest says "gain," you can't stop the supplies or coins, etc. from being taken from your city. Of all the events I've participated in, this March of the Herds gets a thumbs-down and a big frown.

I will not participate in another event if it’s like this one, no matter how much the game developers entice me with their awesome animated artwork. My poor citizens are about to collapse from overworking them.

DeletedUser7651

Dear Elvenar,
This is by far the most disappointing event EVER, since I joined 16 months ago. It was a NON-event, in a phrase. I can speak for all of my fellowship when I say this. I have encouraged them to speak out, but I doubt many will. Several even boycotted the event when they saw how much the event wanted to take from them in supplies and other goods, over and over. For very little profit. And the rewards were, in a word, pitiful.
Please do better in the future.
I really do not care. I am committed to advancing in the game, while spending the least amount of my money, you see. You have received some money from me, and I regret it now. Just being truthful.
What can you do for us? Give us better events. Please.

SoggyShorts

Some quest change suggestions:

Aside from a general reduction of the number, a change to
"Spend a good amount of supplies" at least this way it doesn't feel like a total loss.

The supplies amount should be no more than 3x what 40 max workshops make in an hour. Then apply the same principal to Advanced tools and Groceries quests.

I think these should be scaled to actually encourage/reward progress. Almost every advanced player builds a few tiny buildings and upgrades them only to delete them later. That is not progress.
Better would be
"Have 2 residences at level 25"
The scaling would be based on the last residence tech you unlocked.
To make the build times fair across various chapters, earlier chapters would need more than later chapters

Many players have loads of these already, and would rather produce other spells. A simple change to
"Gain 2 spells" would be an improvement.

These just need to go. "Provide Neighborly Help 10x per chapter" would be a great replacement.

DeletedUser9469

Personally I spent all of my remaining beets on unicorns, they just last much longer. I still have a couple chapter 4 rainbow unicorns in my chapter 10 city--there's just always room for a 2x1 that doesn't need a road.

So I didn't get a "handful" of rocky enclosures... But I did get one :) I also got a small fortune in KP... Too bad I haven't found you on the map yet @SoggyShorts or I could have made good on our trade deal from the other thread LMAO

dikke ikke

Some quest change suggestions:

Aside from a general reduction of the number, a change to
"Spend a good amount of supplies" at least this way it doesn't feel like a total loss.

The supplies amount should be no more than 3x what 40 max workshops make in an hour. Then apply the same principal to Advanced tools and Groceries quests.

I think these should be scaled to actually encourage/reward progress. Almost every advanced player builds a few tiny buildings and upgrades them only to delete them later. That is not progress.
Better would be
"Have 2 residences at level 25"
The scaling would be based on the last residence tech you unlocked.
To make the build times fair across various chapters, earlier chapters would need more than later chapters

Many players have loads of these already, and would rather produce other spells. A simple change to
"Gain 2 spells" would be an improvement.

These just need to go. "Provide Neighborly Help 10x per chapter" would be a great replacement.

I do not agree with spoiler number 3. If you are in the no mans land at the beginning of a new chapter you can not upgrade any building if they are all maxed out. I was at the begin of the tech three of s&d level when the event started but am still not that far that I can upgrade any building.

SoggyShorts

I do not agree with spoiler number 3. If you are in the no mans land at the beginning of a new chapter you can not upgrade any building if they are all maxed out. I was at the begin of the tech three of s&d level when the event started but am still not that far that I can upgrade any building.
Then you didn't read the whole thing. Specifically the quest would read "Have XX level YY residences" and would be scaled based on the last residence tech you unlocked, so there would never be a "no mans land" situation.

For example you could be at the start of chapter 10, and your quest would be to HAVE 3 residences at level 23 which you unlocked in chapter 9. Once you unlock S&D residences the next quest would ask you to HAVE 2 residences at level 25.

Best would probably be "Have 6 level 23 residences or upgrade 2 residences to level 23"
Obviously the numbers 6 and 2 can be tweaked and would be slightly different for each residence tech, but the idea remains the same.

This way you are either rewarded for progress you already made, or for progress you make.

Mainline (non-event) quests already trigger off unlocking techs, so it's certainly possible to tie event quests to residence techs as well.

Last edited:

DeletedUser8709

I wish there were some way to trade or sell prizes to other players. I slogged through quests to build up Sugar Beets, and spent them by the hundreds to try to win the prizes I wanted. In several cases I lucked out and got my prize, once on the very first roll. Half a dozen times, though, I got nothing but lots and lots of relics, shards, and KPs. That makes it even more aggravating when I visit other player's cities to help out and see 2 or 3 Vallorian Guards. I might work all kinds of strategies to trade for something that I did not get in the roll of the die.