• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Summer Mermaids Event feedback

Risen Malchiah

a "skip" option should be given. E.g. the standard non-storyline repeatable quests.
There would need to be a way to prevent abuse of this though. Otherwise, I'd skip all the inconvenient quests and just crank out beverages or simple tools quests while I had the time, then crank out 9hr quests over night. I'd skip everything to get to the encounters quests right before my tournament rounds, etc. Then we're back to doing dreaded quest cycling like the way FA used to be.

If the skip quest option could only be clicked say once every 24 hrs, then it might work.

Ananayel

I keep hearing about folks completing the events in record time... just how is that possible. I have to slog my way through the quests and I'm on a fair amount of time... just curious.

I can only do this when I have plenty of room between guest races (and don't accidentally screw it up somehow by collecting things before they are ready.) If I'm in the middle of a GR, I still need to plan because even though I know I won't get through the whole thing, I still need to figure out what/how many buildings I can squeeze in, and it becomes even more important to know when things like "scout province" are looming.

Plus it's part of the challenge, and I enjoy it. Again, I'm not against never-ending quests, but if they are going to be difficult/time consuming, they can't be random. If they are to be random, they can't be difficult/time-consuming to the extent they are now. And there needs to be at least 10, possibly more, different quests before you get any repeats. Above all, there can't be any quests that require a new player to contact support to move them forward. That's a sure way to lose new players. A fixed list of quests that starts over once the end is reached seems like the way to go. I feel like once again, Inno is trying to dictate everyone's playing style, and that's very frustrating.

I have given up, and am just collecting the corals from the ground when I remember. If they do this random nonsense again, I would like a button in the settings to 'turn off" the event, like it turns off the weather animations. I won't be participating at all, so I'd rather not see the quest portrait, the event bubble, or the droppings of whatever on the ground.

Deleted User - 312108

There would need to be a way to prevent abuse of this though. Otherwise, I'd skip all the inconvenient quests and just crank out beverages or simple tools quests while I had the time, then crank out 9hr quests over night. I'd skip everything to get to the encounters quests right before my tournament rounds, etc. Then we're back to doing dreaded quest cycling like the way FA used to be.

If the skip quest option could only be clicked say once every 24 hrs, then it might work.
I feel that is where quests have to award currency appropriate to their effort. Things like give neighborly help only give 18 currency while a 2 day production run x5 would give something like 80 currency. Higher reward based on effort. I don't think it should be a free for all decline like we can do for non-required line quests, but I would prefer that certain quests be very, very limited.

Queen Draggon

Doing my normal thing everyday I have managed to get a few more quests done, and now instead of the Constant VV quests I got that made me quit the event completly; I am now getting Advanced Tools; and Upgrade 2 buildings to 14 or research 1 tech, and 9 hour T1's x6!
Now normally those would be a problem, but since I happen to be in the middle of a guest race, I have a TON of upgrades happening right now, and I am going thru tech at a fair pace. BUT, if this event had started 2 weeks earlier or next month, I defo would not be able to do them. As they would no longer be fitting in with my growth spurt. I have been getting the Upgrade 2 buildings or..... One several times now, I got it 5 times in last few days, and since my upgrades take a minimum of 16 hours times 5 going at a time, I can get one of those done a day unless I use time instants, which I have but not because of the quests but to get more done.Same with the T1 9 hr builds, I have gotten that one at least 4 times in last few days as well. I had some lvl1 buildings for that luckily.
When I try to get a daily, I end up spending way more "coral" then I usually do on these things, and so guess I will have to just say good bye to things like wishing wells and big time boosters, since I have a very limited amount of coral and am not trying to get any, just getting what ever I get doing my normal thing every day, but its still very upsetting to know this event was such a huge and disgusting fail.

Deleted User - 312108

This is the one that has been mildly frustrating - fortunately I had 2 day prepped
upload_2019-8-15_11-13-17.png

Black watch

Because all the events begin on the Beta server before they start on all the Live servers. It used to be one week in advance and then right before the last Winter event, or maybe even earlier, it changed to two weeks in advance. So that left players plenty of time to figure out most or all of the sequential quests with enough time to build a bunch of level 1 factories and workshops, scout provinces, make enchantments, troops, etc, and complete all the sequentials in just a day or two. Add in the coin rains and supply instants and time boosters and it became even easier. I personally, and others from what I have seen, did not generally even look at the spoiler lists before the event started on the Live servers, and even then, with my minimal prep of having level 1 production buildings and scouted provinces ready, I was usually able to finish all the sequential quests before the event was even halfway over. And for me, that was also while working on my current chapter. This is the first event for me since I finished chapter 14 and had nothing else to do besides the event and I had my Paradise completely finished in just short of 6 days, even with the semi-randomness.

Wow, well that's going to the party with cake AND pie! Thanks for the info! :)

StarLoad

I will just add one part to this mess, I never understood why finishing the event quests early was a problem?? I have finished some a few days early and a couple because I was between Guest Races in less than half the time. Tell me please what the darn difference is? I gain no advantage I just got to relax and do the daily quest. I still had to ration whatever currency was used for the daily prizes I wanted?

Why did it need to change?

hvariidh gwendrot

this is an odd system to get a handle on and it's my big city on ceravyn that has gotten hammered with 1 day then 2 day then 1 day then 1 day etc wth ? then of course who dosn't love the clear 2 provinces when they take 2days+ a pop and make it a 4 day quest hahahaha while a member of my fellowship on winyandor gets no 1 or 2 day quest and hits the 64 block of quest on the second day again wth ??? the block system of quests is fine but put them in an order the random giving of quest is a giant pile of horse dung with flies .. and don't get me started on these mediocre at best prizes on this event i have never seen a set up that screamed replenish wishing wells more than this one )) and please stop releasing events to live that have not been debugged that just tells everyone you guys are phoning it in and not trying or possibly incompetent neither a good choice for consumers of the product :cool:

Black watch

Okay, just screwed up... I didn't check a clan mate's AW Needles before adding to his AW this morning (KP exchange). Working off the quest, invest 25 AW into one Ancient Wonder of your choice, I dumped 20 into his Needles then plopped 8 into my own Sanctuary. IT didn't finish the quest. Ahh, so just go back and add more to his Needles... there wasn't room, it got topped up and I'm 2 short for the quest... Well there you go. I guess I'll have to be more careful...
Screen Shot 2019-08-16 at 9.23.19 AM.png

Black watch

OH, well hello... The quest just finished out of the blue and it wasn't because of my clan mates action. I can only assume that someone at INNO saw this post above and took pitty on my carelessness.
THANK YOU, that was truly kind. :)

Kanesi

Worst event you've ever come up with. I've already had to complete 6 provinces for this thing and now you want me to do another 2. That's in one world in another world I've already completed 7 provinces and I'm sure there are more to come. I may be done with this event and any others that are going to want me to ruin the main game plan (like not scouting out too far). Seriously, what are you thinking!

Risen Malchiah

I never understood why finishing the event quests early was a problem??
I agree. In fact, I often challenged myself to finish as early as possible so I could use the rest of the event to do an entire guest race chapter in time for the next event or FA. It's tough to do but I enjoy the challenge. And it sure beats being stuck in the middle of a massive chapter like Constructs when FA comes around.

I've already had to complete 6 provinces for this thing and now you want me to do another 2. That's in one world in another world I've already completed 7 provinces and I'm sure there are more to come. I may be done with this event and any others that are going to want me to ruin the main game plan (like not scouting out too far). Seriously, what are you thinking!
Yeah, an endless event with a lot of "complete province" quests can seriously cause problems, particularly for players who've yet to reach Orcs chapter and may be unaware they'll soon need orcs they can't produce. If endless events become a regular thing, it will be a major hurdle for anyone in the first 7 chapters.

Deleted User - 312108

I agree. In fact, I often challenged myself to finish as early as possible so I could use the rest of the event to do an entire guest race chapter in time for the next event or FA. It's tough to do but I enjoy the challenge. And it sure beats being stuck in the middle of a massive chapter like Constructs when FA comes around.

Yeah, an endless event with a lot of "complete province" quests can seriously cause problems, particularly for players who've yet to reach Orcs chapter and may be unaware they'll soon need orcs they can't produce. If endless events become a regular thing, it will be a major hurdle for anyone in the first 7 chapters.
I would like to see the complete province be an OR complete a tourney province (or 2). That would help alleviate some of it. Though again the province/tourney encounter reqs for the solve encounters is quite high for players in lower levels. I don't want to keep expanding provinces when I have 141 of 130 needed to open chapter 7 but 50 tourney encounters multiple times in a week (or even a few times over the 3 weeks) completely wipes me out goods and troops. Which is one of the reasons I would like it to be limited to once for each tier or scaled based on chapter level.

hvariidh gwendrot

i need to rewind to page 10 about sharkapaloza being 48 hr production when gems list it at 24 ...minimaxgamer and enevhar aldarion were discussing it .. anyone know it is getting released to live at 48hr or 24 hr production ?? that's a huge difference maker :eek:

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member

DeletedUser6632

Dear Humans and Elves,

Please take a moment to let us know what you think about our Summer Mermaids Event!

We hope you enjoy it and we look forward to hearing what you think!

Kind Regards,
Your Elvenar Team

My fav Maritime thing-a-majig is the stone turtle in the water! Looovvveeee it he’s so cute!!! I also love the Coast Guard tower whet the bird swoops down and steals his bread out of his hands

Rocce Sqirl

So my 48-hour task is complete, and what's next? A 24-hour task! In other words I get to play the quest exactly two times over three days!!!
Note to Inno: THE GAME IS NOT FUN IF YOU DON'T LET ME ACTUALLY PLAY IT!!!
Doesn't matter how many extra T1 buildings I make to be ready. If I can only work on one thing at a time (because I don't know what's next until I finish this one) then it's a lot of wasted time.
That's 72 hours of not being able to play for pearls and prizes, 72 hours where daily prizes go by with no OPPORTUNITY to play for them.
I've always enjoyed quests, and made it to the end of the last four -- even the one where you tacked on a bunch of extra tasks after it had already begun. This one I am enjoying less and less as it goes on.

Last edited: