• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Summer Mermaids Event feedback

Deleted User - 312108

@Rocce Sqirl if you check https://elvengems.com/mermaids/quests/ you can do some planning based on the currency level you are in.
Right now I'm at 60 so for workshops if I have space I have 6 dedicated to toolboxes, when I hit 62 it's down to 5 but I may alter to see if I can have the 6 level 1 boosted. A lot depends on space and which 'track' you get, so for me it has been helpful to track which quests I get. Where I don't have space (and I try to have enough for the boosted 2-day somehow) then I have to practice patience. Each level has a few alternates.

upload_2019-8-17_10-10-55.png

upload_2019-8-17_10-12-19.png

Alistaire

Had another idea to improve this...keep the random quests, but make 2 slots for them. That way, if you get stuck on one you can concentrate on the other. It still results in about the same amount of work/reward, but with a bit more flexibility. Can be a complete pain to get "complete 2 provinces" and you need to do 2 0/8's, then after that get 10 encounters for example.

Deleted User - 312108

Had another idea to improve this...keep the random quests, but make 2 slots for them. That way, if you get stuck on one you can concentrate on the other. It still results in about the same amount of work/reward, but with a bit more flexibility. Can be a complete pain to get "complete 2 provinces" and you need to do 2 0/8's, then after that get 10 encounters for example.
I like this thought. I do think it needs to be paired with a re-evaluation of the currency reward of each quest because with 2 - you could really have some large currency gains.

Pheryll

Set Designer

The only thing I see against this is that players can stall on the hardest quest to avoid having to do it at all (or at significantly reduced probability). Keeping a quest in the available queue means that it is not being selected when obtaining a new quest.

Alistaire

The only thing I see against this is that players can stall on the hardest quest to avoid having to do it at all (or at significantly reduced probability). Keeping a quest in the available queue means that it is not being selected when obtaining a new quest.

Sure, but they'd be limiting themselves to 1 option. And you could program it so it could be selected for the 2nd one as well; just have them completely independent.

Alistaire

Regardless of 2 independent cycles or a doubled up cycle, the probability of doing the hardest quest would be halved by keeping one option stuck on it.
Equally your probability of getting easy ones is halved by only cycling 1 option. Also, they could take other ideas into account too, like someone else said have random quests, but have the rewards for each quest vary by difficulty as well. Then there wouldn't really be motivation to hold back a higher difficulty quest if it had a proportionally higher reward.

DeletedUser14718

I am not a fan of random tasks. It is too hard to be ready unless you are in between chapters and have a lot of space or you are willing to delete and rebuild things.

My second issue is I keep getting stuck on a task that takes days to beat. Usually having to do with my map. I had a bunch of provinces scouted and just sitting there, but the event wants me to finish so many provinces or get relics, etc. I blasted thru all I had. At my level it take 40 hours to unlock another and I am always working on that, but I can't keep up. That makes the event boring.

edit: I do love that the tasks are non ending. Being disabled I usually finish and then have nothing to do so I like that my event ends when the event ends or I give up caring.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Here's my take after having 3 cities participating and doing my best.

1) Much of the randomness can be anticipated if you have the room to build a lot of what is needed. In one city I had lots of room and built enough workshops and T1B to handle everything. Each time I changed to another set, I changed my configuration. I'm in the "endless" level now so I have 1 set of 25 for the beverages, 1 set of 19 for the Simple Tools, and 2 sets for each of the T1B. I keep them cranking away and, so far, good to go. Except ....

2) In two of my cities I'm out of relics. "No problem" you say, "just go take some encounters from the right provinces." Right. Except I have no provinces available of the proper types in my smallest city (Chapter 6 started) so I have to scout one, two, three, to get them. The relics I need to make the catalyst enchantments to make the vision vapors or, sometimes just the enchantments. 7 enchantments take 78 hours and that doesn't include the time to scout the provinces, do the encounters, get the relics, after which I get to craft the items to get the vision vapor. Altogether this one quest will take 6-8 days. That I have enough time is great. But what if it happens again? End of the line for me. The largest city does not have this problem as it has relics to spare. The medium city (chapter 9) is hitting the constant go get relics problem as we speak, but naturally, not as seriously as the smallest. I think the problem is either that the relics you get as you are smaller are fewer and you haven't got the cushion necessary to keep the MA going when you need it.

3) Prizes are reasonable to good. I've been saving my pts for the wishing wells and mana huts (yay) and find that if I do well when I get there the whole thing will be worth the effort. If not, I'll tear what little hair I have left out and you can call be "Baldy".

So, my complaint is that there are too many things that can go seriously wrong if you constantly need enchantments and vision vapor to move ahead. Everything else is fine to great.

AJ

DeletedUser23187

"7 enchantments take 78 hours"

The best way to get enchantments is to spend coral on them.
Sometimes you get lucky and get them in a few tries and sometimes not, but in any case you are moving towards the next reward.
So far I have gotten all of my enchantments that way.

The only downside was getting stuck with a bunch of daily prizes I didn't really want, but they are good for disenchanting.

Deleted User - 312108

@ajqtrz Yes, the main issue that many of us have brought up is that certain quests - VV, spell fragment, CC, complete province & solve encounters can strain a lot of players resources AND cause them to overscout which has a cascading effect with each event requiring these activities.
Hopefully they actually take the suggestions. I popped over on the EN forum just to see what the discussion of the event was and it closely mirrors ours :)

Kanesi

I've completed 9 provinces in one world for this event now they want another 2 done. This is absolutely ridiculous and I feel like what's the point of playing a game that I can't participate in without ruining the regular game play. Inno should really think before having these idiotic events. I started this game for fun now it seems like a lot of stress and aggravation. Too many events period.

Last edited:

tesstee

Does anyone know if this building is supposed to not have a early collect option
Clam Cliffs? All other make stuff culture buildings i have has this option ( valorian valor, Mana sawmill, Mana hut, orc strategist etc..) but this is my first that makes seeds. This seems like a topic related question for this thread MAYBE.
clam cliffs.PNG

Risen Malchiah

I have 1 set of 25 for the beverages, 1 set of 19 for the Simple Tools, and 2 sets for each of the T1B.
If you don't mind a 5 minute delay, you could just keep 25 workshops with simple tools on them. When you get that quest, collect and reset for 25 beverages. In all 3 of my cities the beverages quest immediately follows the simple tools. This way you've got 20 more spaces for factories.

As for enchantments, there are 3 shells that have a decent chance for 2 or 3 enchantments. If you have a stockpile of corals, those could be your best option.

Then in just comes down to either relics or available provinces and scout times.

CHANDY

In the last 2 days, precious ring 5 times, globe 9 times, warrior mask 9 times, globe 4 times, globe 9 times. Guess I went through the scheduled quests because I don't see these quests anywhere. I'm certain the elvenar folks know this is not a good contest, hope they get it right next time

Alistaire

If you don't mind a 5 minute delay, you could just keep 25 workshops with simple tools on them.
That's way too many. The last quest tier is 99% tier 1 goods when you consider the time involved. Have a full 25 to do those instantly, or wait 30 minutes to an hour to do those 2 workshop quests and have several sets of t1 instead of the other workshops saving you at least 3 hours and up to 2 days. I'm running 8 ws, sometimes swapping out for t1 depending on what I need.

Risen Malchiah

@Alistaire I was just recommending 25 compared to the full 20 for simple tools *and* 25 for bevs. Cutting that down to 25 keeps the near instant factor while saving a ton of space. Certainly you could go with less workshops but I also think it's kind of a hassle to get tied to the computer for 30 minutes running beverages or simple tools when you need to get multiple cities done before running out the door. Of course all this depends on preference and how much space is devoted to it.