• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Summer Mermaids Event feedback

Alistaire

@Alistaire I was just recommending 25 compared to the full 20 for simple tools *and* 25 for bevs. Cutting that down to 25 keeps the near instant factor while saving a ton of space. Certainly you could go with less workshops but I also think it's kind of a hassle to get tied to the computer for 30 minutes running beverages or simple tools when you need to get multiple cities done before running out the door. Of course all this depends on preference and how much space is devoted to it.
So much t1 space lost doing that, and for the quests that take the least amount of time.

Also I've been noticing the beverage quest seems to always come after tools, so the quests aren't completely random. I have over 300 t1 at the moment and still running into more wait time occasionally due to them than running 8 ws.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
If you don't mind a 5 minute delay, you could just keep 25 workshops with simple tools on them. When you get that quest, collect and reset for 25 beverages. In all 3 of my cities the beverages quest immediately follows the simple tools. This way you've got 20 more spaces for factories.

As for enchantments, there are 3 shells that have a decent chance for 2 or 3 enchantments. If you have a stockpile of corals, those could be your best option.

Thanks, didn't think of that.

AJ

Tauriel Dragonwood

Are these events now meant to decrease your city’s resources to the point where you can’t do any further research, can’t send out scouts, can’t build up your military, can’t set up collections for lack of coins and supplies, and can’t complete any further quests? Why even bother to login to play.

I just finished the “Buy 15 Knowledge Points” in which I spent most of my Coin Rain spells on. Can you guess what the next quest was? “Gain a huge amount of coins” and the amount is 414K. This is too much for a Chapter 4 Elvenar player.

I can't do anything else until my Golden Abyss produces more coins and my
citizens their taxes they pay. Sadly, I'm done visiting Elvenar for the day.​

Deleted User - 312108

Are these events now meant to decrease your city’s resources to the point where you can’t do any further research, can’t send out scouts, can’t build up your military, can’t set up collections for lack of coins and supplies, and can’t complete any further quests? Why even bother to login to play.

I just finished the “Buy 15 Knowledge Points” in which I spent most of my Coin Rain spells on. Can you guess what the next quest was? “Gain a huge amount of coins” and the amount is 414K. This is too much for a Chapter 4 Elvenar player.

I can't do anything else until my Golden Abyss produces more coins and my
citizens their taxes they pay. Sadly, I'm done visiting Elvenar for the day.​
@Tauriel Dragonwood If you have neighbors you can visit them. I personally LOATHE the Buy KP quest, I think it should be at minimum changed to gain KP, made to occur once (not 20 times or more) as it serves no purpose other than to drain a player's resources.
I am only in chapter 6 and for the large events, if they continue this format, my main recommendation to lower level players would be to decide how beneficial the set or building is for you, otherwise do the quests for as long as you are comfortable & save up the currency for the items on the daily quest list that you really want.

Tauriel Dragonwood

@Lyleth Thank you for your advice. Games are supposed to be fun, a temporary escape from the pressures and frustrations of real life. If a game becomes a grind and frustration to me, I will not login as much as I used to. If events continue in this format, depleting our cities' resources so you end up spending diamonds, I just won't participate in the event, and look for another game to play.

Tauriel Dragonwood

I just received a quest that's going to stop me from winning the grand prize, unless I spend diamonds, which I'm not. It also doesn't show up on Elvenar Gems of Knowledge website. They didn’t include in the 54 Corals Chart this quest: “Research 1 Technology or Upgrade 2 buildings to level 14 or higher". Two buildings! I think I should throw in the towel because this event is depleting my city so much that I can't even trade with my guild or neighbors until I build up my goods supply.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I just received a quest that's going to stop me from winning the grand prize, unless I spend diamonds, which I'm not. It also doesn't show up on Elvenar Gems of Knowledge website. They didn’t include in the 54 Corals Chart this quest: “Research 1 Technology or Upgrade 2 buildings to level 14 or higher". Two buildings! I think I should throw in the towel because this event is depleting my city so much that I can't even trade with my guild or neighbors until I build up my goods supply.

You must have missed it, as it is on the list I am looking at on their website. Plus, the 57-coral level has a quest to scout a province or upgrade 2 buildings to 16 or higher. And at the 62-coral level, you might have to research or upgrade also.

DeletedUser23282

I agree Tauriel Dragonwood. There are too many quests that require encounters, vast amounts of coins, and producing combining catalysts. These make the game grind to a halt, and discourage people from logging back on. There should be more options to accommodate players at different levels and with different mixes of resources.

DeletedUser5676

Regardless of 2 independent cycles or a doubled up cycle, the probability of doing the hardest quest would be halved by keeping one option stuck on it.
They could alleviate that by having all quests time-out after 72 hours and go back into the queue. that gives a full day of leeway to actually complete the longest quest, while reducing the advantage of ignoring it for a long period.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Plenty of room, totally bored. At one point, after scouting 2 provinces, 65 hrs each, to complete 10 encounters, I got complete 2 provines, which had me waiting another 130 hours, or 5 days until I could collect. I watched some pretty nice prizes go by.

So you did not just do 5 encounters in each province, so that you could save them to use for the Complete Provinces quest?

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
I'm really fed up with the 24 hour goods tasks. Especially having the 4x24 immediately followed by the 9x24 twice so far.
Also, since I hit 64 corals I've not gone more than 6 tasks without hitting a 24hr.
ugh
As far as the general random concept.
The fun for me in these events is the planning So the random doesn't thrill me.

Not sure how I ever did events before I had space for 10000 temp buildings

Well, thanks for putting me in my place. What was I thinking giving my feedback in the feedback thread? I'll take the information I needed and go now.

lighten up francis

DeletedUser5323

Ok I have to vent. I am not enjoying this event. I keep getting the quest, complete 2 provinces. It takes me over 4 days to scout and the quest wants 2 provinces. That is really taking the fun out of the event. AND the daily prizes are lousy. The best thing to win is the portal profit and the kp and the portal profit is not dropping as often as it did last event.
I do NOT like this format.

Pheryll

Set Designer
These are the buildings so far that have a base production that can correspond to your boost:

Harvest Festival:
Cornucopia Sanctuary (Grand Prize): Marble
Harvest Storage (Daily Prize): Steel
Temple Entrance (Daily Prize): Planks
Kirit, God of Night Fruit: Crystal
Krarak, Bird of Sun Harvest: Elixir

Carnival:
Jester's Tavern: Elixir

Summer Mermaids:
Mermaid's Paradise: Marble

This bonus may be removed in the 1.86 patch