• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Summer Mermaids Event feedback

The Unbeliever

Skipping this one entirely honestly...

Not a fan of the theme and especially hate the look of the buildings. (to me they're ugly)
The evolving building is yet again, a sad disappointment in terms of it stats. (and thus far I find it to be the ugliest building yet - but that's purely personal taste!;))
Knowing my horrid luck, I'll be one of the luckless losers who gets hosed by the RNG quest system and end up with scouting/upgrading/province clearing every 3-4 quests or so. :(

I'll wait on the Fall event, and hope that the Squirrel Square from last year's event pops back up again, since it's just so heinously adorably cute!:D

DeletedUser1901

I haven't come to the forums in a very, very long time due to the magnitude of hate that was going on but I was compelled to show up for this and give some commentary:

I have a terrible feeling about this... I already struggle with events and they are losing their charm for me. I (typically) have no room, I have no 1 or 2 day cycles on my Sentient level factories (I have to build lvl 1's in a city that I typically have no room), I have no upgrades, Scouting takes days... that absolutely sounds like a set up for success to me :(

At least before I could see where I was going to hit a brick wall and try to prepare for it...

At least before I could feel a tiny bit better about my city when I could complete the daily...

So now I come to a game that is supposed to make me feel good and give me a place to relax and instead it stresses me and makes me feel inadequate...

This time I have room to set a bunch of extra buildings but this is not typical for me and I still feel like I'm not going to do well... *That's exactly how I want to feel when I come to play a game*

DeletedUser3468

Yet another evolving building... *sigh* :oops:

Guys, these are getting kind of old. Yes, I've really liked the Phoenix and Stonehenge ones but, while I've had better luck than some with evolving them (I actually have one evolving thingie for the Phoenix that I can't use because I only kept 1 phoenix and it made it to level 10 during the event) I'm tired of them. The whole random thing so we can't prepare for long builds is also a non starter for me. I'll play a bit, hope to grab some buildings that I can break up for spell shards and that will be it for me. I only placed the Mermaid in 1 city and decided it looked out of place so I may place one or two around it just so it doesn't look so strange on it's own.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
@PixiBird The elvengems website is compiling lists of potential quests, grouped by the amount of event material the award when completed. Go and check them out and you will still be able to prepare at least some in advance.

@Sheianna Yes, I like the looks of some of the buildings, but they do look out of place with everything else. That is a reason I still have very few of the buildings from the winter events. As for the evolving building trend, I get the feeling we will have one full year of this and then it will change up again. So because of that, I am wondering what we will see for the Fall and Winter evolving buildings. I really wish the Halloween event was not always one of the mini ones, as I would love to see what a Halloween evolving building could be.

Socrates28

While I do not have all the room I would like to have, I can still prepare for the long term quests that are on the elvengems website. In looking at the long term builds they require a relatively few number of ws or t1's to complete. So I built ws and t1's, put them on the long term builds, and when they completed I disconnected the street so they would be there when I need them. True, if I got them back to back it might not be enough but, to me, it is better to have at least the first one done and then work on completing the second one. If they do not come back to back, I will just reset them and have them ready for the next quest which requests them. Just because we do not have a fixed quest list does not mean that we can't still prepare for them in a general sense.
Just like in designing a city, we adapt and overcome the challenges we are presented with. I see no reason to give up when with thought and planning even these challenges can be overcome.

DeletedUser

I am Excited for the event, i expect alot of cool prizes and i really like the design of the mermaid evolving building. so i think i might have taken it just for the looks!. Does somebody know at what time of day the event starts? if i dont know im gonna check my pc all day tomorrow getting nothing else done haha. im on time zone UTC+2

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I am Excited for the event, i expect alot of cool prizes and i really like the design of the mermaid evolving building. so i think i might have taken it just for the looks!. Does somebody know at what time of day the event starts? if i dont know im gonna check my pc all day tomorrow getting nothing else done haha. im on time zone UTC+2

Some time between 5 and 7AM Eastern US time. The whole Daylight Savings Time thing here makes the start time shift around by an hour, but this last FA started at 5AM here. And those and the events tend to have the same starting hour. You are on the same time as Inno, a six hour difference from me in the summer, so 11AM for you?

DeletedUser18011

Like a few others have said I think the events are coming a little too quick and I don't feel like I'm getting any kind of a break. It would be nice to have a few weeks where I don't feel compelled to push achievements as fast as possible.

However my OCD forces me to try to get everything therefore I will. Anyone got a link to a quest list? I haven't spied one yet.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Like a few others have said I think the events are coming a little too quick and I don't feel like I'm getting any kind of a break. It would be nice to have a few weeks where I don't feel compelled to push achievements as fast as possible.

However my OCD forces me to try to get everything therefore I will. Anyone got a link to a quest list? I haven't spied one yet.

Because there is not a limit to the number of quests you can get, only how quickly you can complete them, there is no way to know all possible quests. So far over on elvengems, they are listing the ones that players have gotten on Beta and they seem to be grouped by the amount of even material rewarded. For example, the lowest amount is 30, I think, and there are 10 possible quests connected to that amount. Then there is another batch of slightly harder tasks for the next higher amount, and the same for the next, etc. So if someone can really fly through the quests, you could eventually see some very hard ones to complete.

DeletedUser20617

Here is our EPL event summary, including prizes and a sample list of 143 quests (so far) that one player has received.
Some of the quests in Beta were different for each player - and there is no guarantee that the live version of the event will be exactly the same as the one in Beta.

https://tinyurl.com/y3uu2yxn

You are welcome to share the link with friends and fellowship, and to submit comments.

67086234_10214389864321070_9083284188072771584_n.jpg

DeletedUser20617

Because there is not a limit to the number of quests you can get, only how quickly you can complete them, there is no way to know all possible quests. So far over on elvengems, they are listing the ones that players have gotten on Beta and they seem to be grouped by the amount of even material rewarded. For example, the lowest amount is 30, I think, and there are 10 possible quests connected to that amount. Then there is another batch of slightly harder tasks for the next higher amount, and the same for the next, etc. So if someone can really fly through the quests, you could eventually see some very hard ones to complete.
Why do these quests always favor the marble and planks and penalize the steel producers???

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
Why do these quests always favor the marble and planks and penalize the steel producers???
You must play as an elf. I do as well, and you are right: my city that has a marble boost can place more lvl 1's than the city with the steel boost. But humans only have the one factory (marble) that's 2x1. The human steel and planks both start out at 2x2.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One

Because when Inno first made the game, for some unknown reason they made a level 1 steel factory be 2x2 and not 2x1 or 1x2, like the planks and marble factories. This was done long before events or tournaments or FAs became a thing and by the time they added those in, it was way too late to change the size of the steel factories. So players boosted in steel get screwed over for space every time extra factories are needed.

DeletedUser20951

Might have a whole 'nother raging demeanor if I hit a brick wall I can't break down, but I, for one, am utterly delighted with the fact that the quests will be randomized and without end. Would of preferred that the daily quests were kept, though.