• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Summer Mermaids Event feedback

DeletedUser22511

no don't like new quest format
hope they don't stick around for next event
well don't have much room or buildings for event from start but without being able to plan for it, it's even worse.
just started off so quests aren't that hard but I had to scout hard to get enough land open to put buildings for quest. now my armies are drained and don't think I can go for tourney this week...
because how quest is like, I really doubt I will be able to grab decent event buildings (which I need desperately, one with pop and culture) or have enough artifact to evolve building.

DeletedUser23732

Why would you release a game that you knew didn't work?

Mermaids has been broken since it's release on beta, the vision vapor you collect from disenchanting does not register so all progress in the game stops.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Why would you release a game that you knew didn't work?

Mermaids has been broken since it's release on beta, the vision vapor you collect from disenchanting does not register so all progress in the game stops.

You do not get vision vapor from disenchanting, you get vision vapor from collecting an item you have crafted. Disenchanting gives you spell fragments.

The Unbeliever

You do not get vision vapor from disenchanting, you get vision vapor from collecting an item you have crafted. Disenchanting gives you spell fragments.
The real reason the event is "broken" is because it demands VV in the first place...

Early game players either;
a) DON'T EVEN HAVE A MAGIC ACADEMY YET!!
and/or
b) Don't have anywhere near the inventory + relics to gain the required CC's + spell fragments to even craft more than an item or two.

So good job Inno - basically putting up an impassible wall in front of players who've only been around for a month or two!:mad::mad:
I'm sure that'll really encourage newer players to stick around.:rolleyes:

qaccy

Because when Inno first made the game, for some unknown reason they made a level 1 steel factory be 2x2 and not 2x1 or 1x2, like the planks and marble factories. This was done long before events or tournaments or FAs became a thing and by the time they added those in, it was way too late to change the size of the steel factories. So players boosted in steel get screwed over for space every time extra factories are needed.

Are these players really 'screwed' though? Event quests typically only look at the production timer and not the actual amount produced. We all have access to the same buildings regardless of what our boosts are, and a level 1 building isn't helping anyone who's played the game for more than about a week with its output.

DeletedUser5676

Are these players really 'screwed' though? Event quests typically only look at the production timer and not the actual amount produced. We all have access to the same buildings regardless of what our boosts are, and a level 1 building isn't helping anyone who's played the game for more than about a week with its output.
If you don't have a magic academy, you face a locked gate. If you don't have one of the relics you need to produce Combining Catalysts, you face a locked gate. So yes some of those people are screwed.

Deleted User - 312108

qaccy, the reason this is an issue is if you are human with planks/steel or an elf with steel the T1 factories you put up for events cost twice as much space. If you look at the size of these as well as what they produce - on US1 I run with maybe 5 T1 factories because they are huge and produce a ton of goods. When the event calls for 7 boosted 2 day runs, that means I either need to do it twice or throw up t1 factories to help.... and space is a huge commodity. Having to dedicate space for events with level 1 t1 buildings is rather frustrating.

And agreed with Ed about locked gate - I think lower level players may have some alternative quests, but the Magic Academy and Ancient Wonder quests could impact lower level players. Scouting and encounter quests can be a blocking point as well.

The workshop quests are the most inherently fair out of all the quest types for events as every player has a similar size and need for them.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
My scouting is up to 60 hrs, so once I get a scout quest, that's me sitting it out for about 3 days, unless I timed my "guess I;ll scout a province now" well. I'm not sure it's really worth it, especially if I miss good daily prizes during that time.

My scouting is 73 hours right now, so just over 3 days. But I have a province always scouting during events. As soon as one finishes, I start another one, because I do not know when my timing will hit the timing of needing to scout a province.

I am also at the end of chapter 14, so I have nothing left to research, which means I have to do whatever alternate choice there is available for those quests.

As for areas a low level player may get stuck, donating to any AW is impossible if you have not finished the research for your first AWs. But once there, all a player has to do, even on mobile, it to build one and then they have somewhere to put those demanded KP.

And there is at least one potential quest has no option to putting KP into an AW. And there are quests that are gain spell fragments or gain vision vapor that do not have another option, that will stall a player until they can build their magic academy. But one thing I wonder, since they now have this randomness to the quests, are you are not guaranteed to get potential impossible quests, it should be rather easy when they write the code, for the game to not give you a quest when your city does not contain the required building to complete the quest. Has there been anyone posting at all yet, either on Beta or here, that has gotten a quest where they can not build the building needed to complete it?

Vergazi

People mentioned that humans have 2x2 t1 factories more than elves do. Human houses are also larger than elf houses. Heck, the game is named Elvenar. Obviously a thinly disguised Elven-Supremacy Movement imo. o_O

But on a serious side. Having these different challenges isn't fair or unfair. It's just a different set of challenges you can choose to grapple with and is one more aspect of the game that makes it slightly less boring.

just my 2 cents. hmm...what is a fraction of a Euro called? jw

DeletedUser18011

Because there is not a limit to the number of quests you can get, only how quickly you can complete them, there is no way to know all possible quests. So far over on elvengems, they are listing the ones that players have gotten on Beta and they seem to be grouped by the amount of even material rewarded. For example, the lowest amount is 30, I think, and there are 10 possible quests connected to that amount. Then there is another batch of slightly harder tasks for the next higher amount, and the same for the next, etc. So if someone can really fly through the quests, you could eventually see some very hard ones to complete.

Thanks for that.

DeletedUser3468

Not a fan of the random quests. Other than that, there are challenges for both newer players and high level players that can lead to serious road blocks for them. It would really be nice to have alternates on that type of quest so both lower level and higher level players can complete such quests as has been done in the past. At least so far the magic item quest has been to either obtain or use so that's ok. Sorry, I'm not feeling particularly great today so I can't give more examples like I normally would.

Anyway... as someone who obsessively plans ahead, I don't like the "random" thing. 'Nuff said. :rolleyes:

DeletedUser7052

on beta, I just got a quest that asks for 3 2-day tier 1's--that hasn't been listed as a possibility yet that i've seen! I've spent a lot of time waiting on multiple 1-day quests and got hit by the early problem with KP's being counted on aw's--didn't buy the special bldg on beta and don't plan to in regular play either

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
on beta, I just got a quest that asks for 3 2-day tier 1's--that hasn't been listed as a possibility yet that i've seen! I've spent a lot of time waiting on multiple 1-day quests and got hit by the early problem with KP's being counted on aw's--didn't buy the special bldg on beta and don't plan to in regular play either

What is the coral value for that quest for the 48-hour productions?