• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Summer Mermaids Event feedback

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
Here is our EPL event summary, including prizes and a sample list of 143 quests (so far) that one player has received.
Some of the quests in Beta were different for each player - and there is no guarantee that the live version of the event will be exactly the same as the one in Beta.

https://tinyurl.com/y3uu2yxn

You are welcome to share the link with friends and fellowship, and to submit comments.

67086234_10214389864321070_9083284188072771584_n.jpg

Last edited:

Arayla

For new players who are may not know about this resource: https://elvengems.com/mermaids/

In case you missed this in the announcement, there are endless random quests! They really are endless, but not entirely random.

How does it work? The quests appear in sets that are determined by the number of corals given as the reward for completing the quest. The first 10 quests of the event provide 30 corals each and are the same for everyone but appear in a random order. After that, a player working on quests that provide 36 corals will see quests from this set more than once or not at all and also in a random order before moving on to the next set that provides 42 corals.

How to prepare for such craziness??? o_Oo_Oo_O
  • Read through the first two sets of quests (https://elvengems.com/mermaids/quests/) and set up temporary buildings that will satisfy those quests that take a long time to produce.
  • After getting through a set (check the coral rewards amount), look ahead to the next set to see how to set up.
  • Be prepared to do the longer quests like basket of groceries or your Tier 1 boost 1-day production more than once in a set.
  • If you don't have much extra room, be prepared to "waste" your already finished long productions when you get a quest to make a lot of short productions.
  • If you have very few buildings available to upgrade to level 13 or 16, consider building up a marble building (humans)/marble or planks building (elves) or an armory (humans and elves) to use just for those upgrade quests.
  • If you are in a lower chapter and receive the Buy KP quests or Spend Kp quests multiple times, it can be difficult. Consider using any Coin Rain instants to help you buy kp with coins. You may need to trade in order to buy kp with your goods. This can be much easier/faster if you are in a fellowship.
  • As you complete the Solve Encounters quests, leave 1 encounter undone in a province. You can use that in a different quest to Complete a Province if you need it.
  • Prepare some spells in your Magic Academy ahead of time and do not click on it to collect until you get a quest to gain enchantments. If you need to look at your Magic Academy for crafting and don't want to collect spells, use the workaround to get there. Click on your Inventory, then click on Disenchant, then click on Crafting. This will open your Magic Academy.
  • Save your KP Instants to use for the Invest KP in any Ancient Wonder quests.

Deleted User - 312108

araylya, this is a very nice guide.

So far other than that you cannot quite prepare as easily, it still flows relatively well. That said I am ambivalent about the random quests and no daily quests without the ability to skip a quest that may be a showstopper. But I'll do my analysis once it hits live and I have all my cities to compare :)

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
Hi,
Is this the Elvenar Wiki?
I think it's what @RosehawkATA gets when clicking the link in the forum announcement. It's embedded in the line:
For more information on the event, please check out our dedicated wiki page (I added font color to make it stand out here)
When I click on it, nothing happens, but I'm using really old equipment that's usually the cause so I didn't report it when I couldn't get it to work...
Edit to add: it's the paragraph right before the video

qaccy

In light of the fact that quests are now endless, perhaps introducing the ability to skip quests would be possible? Obviously this should be limited to prevent simply cycling through to the 'easy' quests; perhaps only one skip per day, resetting when the daily prize switches over? I'm sure each of us has at least one quest objective that we really dread seeing when an event rolls around (for me it's a tossup between scouting provinces and high-level building upgrades), and I think this could be a great way of working around that in a way that neither forces us to complete it, nor allows us to skip it quickly every time it comes up. Something to hopefully consider for events in the future!

Deleted User - 312108

In light of the fact that quests are now endless, perhaps introducing the ability to skip quests would be possible? Obviously this should be limited to prevent simply cycling through to the 'easy' quests; perhaps only one skip per day, resetting when the daily prize switches over? I'm sure each of us has at least one quest objective that we really dread seeing when an event rolls around (for me it's a tossup between scouting provinces and high-level building upgrades), and I think this could be a great way of working around that in a way that neither forces us to complete it, nor allows us to skip it quickly every time it comes up. Something to hopefully consider for events in the future!

If you are on the beta forum there is a suggestion open for it. Some want it, some don't :)
https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/decline-or-skip-a-quest.13416/

kctanzen

I do not have a Beta city -- so I cannot reply there --- but I already know I dislike not being able to pre-plan long builds / have the right number of buildings ready to upgrade for quests because of randomization. So, instead of progressing my city through the elemental chapter, I'll have to keep the space from the recently completed FA available for the various workshops / factories / upgrade space for this event -- unless I choose to handicap myself by not being able to get the better quality event buildings instead of regular build menu items due to a much lower amount of event currency.

I have already made the decision not to spend any money on this event, in the past I have always gotten the ground spawn booster because it suits my playing style -- but not this time around.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I do not have a Beta city -- so I cannot reply there --- but I already know I dislike not being able to pre-plan long builds / have the right number of buildings ready to upgrade for quests because of randomization. So, instead of progressing my city through the elemental chapter, I'll have to keep the space from the recently completed FA available for the various workshops / factories / upgrade space for this event -- unless I choose to handicap myself by not being able to get the better quality event buildings instead of regular build menu items due to a much lower amount of event currency.

Even without knowing for sure, you can still build about the same number of extra production buildings as the past several events, because even though the order is randomized, the types of quests will be the same. Also, a list of the quests that have appeared so far on Beta are compiled on the elvengems website, so you can still see what you might get and plan at least somewhat. As long as you have enough space for the usual 10-25 extra tier 1 boosted factories, which can be converted into extra workshop space if needed, and you should be alright. Being almost at the end of chapter 14, I am more worried about what my alternate choices will be for the "complete a research" quests and the scouting quests.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
Not even a little bit interested. Not a chance I will spend $ on something this random. Not gambling on the chests + now the quests. The grand prize is cute but I haven't leveled evolving buildings to 10 without spending and not at all confident with random quests. Not a chance I'm upgrading that many buildings to 14+ without a great benefit end goal. So far I only see 1 daily I want. Not because I need it but because "Maryland is for Crabs". :cool: I'm just going totally not prepared. I have a lot of resources and plenty of room but not building clutter for the sake of clutter and what might come up. I'll just build & sell as I go and see how far I get. I really did prefer planning and feeling goal oriented over what I see as piddling around as things come up and seeing how far that goes.

It may be just me but I am missing the set buildings. I was a little disappointed when I looked at the info on this event and the group of themed prizes are just totally independent. Especially because individually they aren't of any great benefit to my city. I guess I just enjoyed the challenge of getting the set buildings as they came up regardless of whether every one of them gave something I felt that I needed. It was an element that kept me interested in the events that seems to be gone now. Since the novelty of evolving buildings has now worn off and I don't want them if I can't get them evolved to 10, that pretty much leaves me not interested until over a week into the event for a couple of wishing wells and one daily. :(

Ananayel

So this one's going to be a no-go for me. I am done with the tech tree, every building I have is maxed out, and I'm at well over four days for a scout. If I can't plan, I can't play. Without a second quest line so I could at least get something other than what I collect on the ground, this will just be an exercise in frustration and annoyance (which I have plenty of in real life and what I come to Elvenar to escape.) Not to mention, the length of the event seems a few days shorter than some of the other large seasonal ones.

I like the idea of never running out of quests, but perhaps a better way to do it is to have the usual set number, and then just have them start again from the beginning, if someone reaches the end before the event is over.

Too bad, the evolving building is lovely.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
So this one's going to be a no-go for me. I am done with the tech tree, every building I have is maxed out, and I'm at well over four days for a scout. If I can't plan, I can't play. Without a second quest line so I could at least get something other than what I collect on the ground, this will just be an exercise in frustration and annoyance (which I have plenty of in real life and what I come to Elvenar to escape.) Not to mention, the length of the event seems a few days shorter than some of the other large seasonal ones.

I like the idea of never running out of quests, but perhaps a better way to do it is to have the usual set number, and then just have them start again from the beginning, if someone reaches the end before the event is over.

Too bad, the evolving building is lovely.

I'm in the same boat :( I did keep 2 buildings I upgraded to 13 for the last event but do I feel like upgrading those 4 or 5 times each when I don't need them? Nope. Oh well! At least it is summer so plenty of other chores to do outside instead of chores to do in a game that is supposed to be fun :rolleyes: