• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Summer Mermaids Event feedback

The Unbeliever

For everyone having upgrade issues, don't forget that tier one factories and armories are quick upgrades.
It's not the factories, it's the 'effing non-stop bull-gak of "gain vision vapors" every 3rd or 4th fething quest!!:mad::mad::mad:

And yeah, it's great to point out the obvious - 'just keep a few extra armouries for upgrading!'
But that requires that one also have:
1. excess population that isn't already tied-up in your 'regular' city + added event 'turd town'
2. SPACE TO PUT THEM!!
Both of those are *big* asks for anyone who's not in between chapters once you hit the guest races, especially for anyone who doesn't have/can't have additional diamond expansions. (and is instead further hampered by the game's 'minimum' expansions)

No. This event is pure fething garbage.
Whoever came up with the new randumb quest system is flaming idiot... too many big asks, (province clearing, VV's being the worst offenders), and the rewards are laughably bad. (at least not quite Spire of Eternal Misery awful though, so Inno can always aim lower I guess?!:rolleyes:)
There's also very little that's actually "random" about them, with many, many players seemingly getting stuck into a hellish loop of maybe a dozen or so different quests... and Gods help you if you get RNG-screwed with tons of "gain spell fragments" and "gain vision vapors". (BOTH of those *insert copious swearing here* turd-bakers need to go and die in a fire!!)

And it sucks, because I honestly want to participate in the event, and at least pick-up what I can, but this new quest system is instead blocking my participation at every fething turn with outrageous tasks. :(

Buttrflwr

LOL, SOOO, I use my RRS to upgrade my LAST TWO culture bldgs not already at lvl 14 to satisfy the quest monster on my THIRD "research or upgrade" RANDOM quest assignment in that cluster. What do you think my 3rd quest into the 57 corals cluster is? You guessed it! Scout or UPGRADE to lvl 16! LOL, a scout takes me 80 hours, so of COURSE it is upgrade option. SMH. I'm about to override my OCD and say forget this nonsense! C'mon Inno, PLZ dump this *cough cough* random quest system. Or at least run some kind of algorithm or something where it keeps track of the quests it has already given us.

Deleted User - 3932582

I find the VV quests to be easy. Finally a reason to do all those excessive Pet Food recipes. Lol

Plus I have already opened a lot of chests, so I have way too many coin rains and supply instants to turn into fragments.
Fragments are easy; what do you do for catalysts though? I am running empty already, and I am not even at 64 coral loop...

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Fragments are easy; what do you do for catalysts though? I am running empty already, and I am not even at 64 coral loop...

I pretty much am always making them, even when events are not going on. I am also fine with using the time instants to speed up the enchantment production to get them faster. I also make sure as soon as I collect a crafting item for the vapors, that I start something else crafting as soon as I can, even if it is only something I will disenchant as soon as I collect it.

Black watch

Is anyone else having issues with the chests... like last event with the spinning chests ,I'm spending ungodly amounts of event "cash" (corals) to spin for pearls and dailies. I've followed the line suggested in Gems and done what I can to get my city as far along as possible to attain the grand prize. That said, I'd like some dailies too so I hoard corals and then try to get something like the lotus. I'm in S and D and the lotus is helpful for me. I've spent close to 2000 coral and received two dailies.
It's really difficult to work on getting through these random quests and then to click on a chest time and again watching what you worked hard for dwindle and die with nothing to show for it but a boat load of coin instants and things you really don't want. The extra corals occasionally are nice, but really...
Not just a little frustrated now.
Event is over all a bit of a miss in the big picture. :(

T6583

Going pretty smoothly so far. A little over 3 days in and I am currently working on my 93rd quest, so that has me into the 60-coral value quests. I had extra space, so I built my little shanty town of level 1 production, and I have used some time boosters to speed up stuff, but I also had several provinces scouted and ready to go and had several buildings high enough to be able to upgrade for the quests. All these long events require basically the same things, so why anyone who has done a couple of these before, but who does not properly prepare, randomness or not, I just do not understand.

Some of us that are having issues like-wise do have shanty towns set up. I not only have a small shanty town set up with 20 lvl 1 workshops and 8 lvl 1 T1 manufactories in addition to my regualr factories and workshops. I also have over a dozen providences pre-scouted in my large city. I also saved many CC's from the previous FA as well and I HAVE them going around the clock and using time instants when I have them and still can't keep up. That still doesn't help when you're getting pretty much back to back quests that are similar in nature. So personally speaking preparing as I normally would has not really helped me all that much. I just entered the 51 coral value quests. In my small city I'm still in the 42 coral value quests stuck on the same one since day 1. That city has extremely limited space at the moment and is in a tech lock at the very end of a chapter that I had misplanned on when I would have it finished. I also have 6-7 providences pre-scouted in that city. I will admit that the small city poor planning is partly to blame there but the same cannot be said for my larger city. Maybe I'm just unlucky in the quests. Maybe others who aren't having a hard time are just extremely lucky. In some cases the randomness does seem to be hurting people when it comes to participating in the event. Especially at the frequency that some of the quests are appearing.

Last edited:

mikeledo

I haven't seen any prize that I like. I am holding out for the 30KP, if and when they add it. I prepared for this event. I had made 3 building up to level 13. I never complete provinces until promted. I had about a dozen or so ready. I am at a realization my brick wall will be complete 2 provinces. The 20 hour time instants will extend by ability to get corals, but the question I have, is it worth it? I would need 8 of the instants to do my 84hr scouts. (You would think these guys would get better at it.) I was wondering what the payoff would be. On average would I come out ahead on corals doing this or less? Any real number crunchers out there? I am guessing the 2 provinces would translate into about 500-600 corals until I hit it again.

The Unbeliever

That's if you're getting them. I keep getting ones to crafts relics (which are extremely expensive in my opinion), coin rains, or extremely expensive cultural buildings. Right now I would love to get some pet food to craft.
All I'm getting are fething Unicorns, broken shards and coin/supply instants to craft... oh, with the odd huge CC+fragment cost buildings like Valorians (don't need & not worth anywhere near the resources to just break back down) or the damn chess set pieces (no room & waste of resources)

Now been stuck for 3 fething days on this STUPID "gain 5 vision vapors" BS!!:mad::mad::mad:

Your event is NOT FUN AT ALL!!

DeletedUser19801

indeed hard and chalenging event. i just started D&S and didnt build its building yet so have few room, made alot of t1 planks and lvl1 shops.
but the repetition of save long term quests are hard.
to Buttrflwr, why you keep making the lvl14 upgraded to lvl20? (you said no room) im making 2-3 of them till lvl 13, then for the quest lvl 14 and 15 and delete them to restart the process, im making planks so the room is only 2X3 for 2/3 buildings.
so far got to the 60 coral cycle. will see about the future, if it gets harder i may quit.
best luck to all
Regards,
RK

Deleted User - 312108

Less repetition
. Less crafting ( my choices have been awful the last few days.)
Less 1 day quests piled up on top of each other.
Maybe I'm burned out. I like a challenge. I usually do prepare but you shouldn't have to.
( For ex:) what about the people who don't come to the forum?
I hear you - that's why I did this suggestion - https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/event-quest-calibration.20641/

Please, please go vote on the poll and comment on what sort of quests you would like to see. While I am.... highly doubtful that IG will take any notice of it, I would hope that if we comment, suggest and vote on improving this event quest system (or returning to the old format) that maybe the moderators will take our suggestions to heart and forward them.

Black watch

I hear you - that's why I did this suggestion - https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/event-quest-calibration.20641/

Please, please go vote on the poll and comment on what sort of quests you would like to see. While I am.... highly doubtful that IG will take any notice of it, I would hope that if we comment, suggest and vote on improving this event quest system (or returning to the old format) that maybe the moderators will take our suggestions to heart and forward them.

Read, posted and voted... thanks for the time and effort to do that. I think was a very nice thing to do.

DeletedUser23983

My Mermaid event so far:

When it was announced on Beta I checked Elvengems to see what it was all about. Saw the list of quests and made my plan.

First, I deleted all my Fairies farms to make room for level 1 buildings. Started 1 & 2 day builds 2 days before the event (9 & 3 hour builds the day before). Maxed out my barracks and built 1 CC & 2 PoP. Started a craft (3 VV points). Made sure I had a few scouted territories to work with. Built a few extra workshops for the small quests (1 hour or less). That's it, prep work done.

It's now day 5 and I'm in the 9th set of quests (62 corals), and have accumulated 5900ish corals. I'm out of supply instants from the many supply quests and I'm running short of relics to make CCs with, but with 20 days to go I figure I'll easily get the 9 artifacts needed to max evolve the building. I will have to delete a few houses and rebuild them because I'm running out of available upgrades, but there's no harm in having negative pop for awhile.

I wasn't too keen on the quest structure when the event started, but now I like it. You can't prepare as well, but there's plenty of time in the event and it's fun anticipating what's coming next. Best event ever!!!

Wishing everyone as much enjoyment from the event as I'm getting.